Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

272K views 5K replies 139 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 ·

Alexandra is a former Top 10 junior who's been left in the dust as her contemporaries, Victoria, Caroline, Aga and Agnes have made their names on the WTA tour.

Now, Alexandra seems to want to make her own noise. She just lost out on winning her 2nd (and by far biggest) title at the 75K hardcourt in Monzon. She is now within the Top 250 and warrants her own cheering thread! :bounce:

See less See more
#4,294 ·
What a clutch and surprising win for Alex! Finally a three-setter that goes her way! She now meets a second opponent who is great on clay and was also, like her, out of the FO last year. Really it's a toss-up.

#4,296 · (Edited)
End of the road for Alexandra in RG, she lost against Wosniak 6-4,6-3

#4,309 ·
#4,316 ·
#4,318 ·
Nice to see her beating Arruabarrena back to back and even in straight sets this time.

The matches she lost against her in 2013 made me furious, especially the one in Seoul. Not only did she mess up an ultimate cakewalk, but she lost against a player whose game is absolutely limited to the basics of this sport (and I don't mean this as an insult). Anyone with a decent margin on her shots should take her out comfortably and I'm glad Alexandra did this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.