• No

Votes: 8 88.9%

New Haven

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  heelsrule1988 
#1 ·
Just a thought.

#9 ·
In my head Maria Rocks is Laura Robson.

I say no. The only time I recall her playing the week before a slam in recent years was Strasbourg, and that was a smart move because she needed clay warm up, was coming off injury and was Poova. I credit winning that tournament as the fuel for her clay court emergence, with the Henin match a week later as the ignition. But now she's good enough not to have to go do that if she's missing a bit of match action.

#15 ·
Hopefully at the event I'm going to!

Matt Cronin is a journalist, he checks his info with the teams, PR representatives of the players (at least we should hope he does; nowadays, in the internet era everything and everyone can be doubted) - so Maria's team has said she doesn't plan to play New Haven, which doesn't mean that she cannot change her mind in the last minute. But I am sure 100% that she won't play New Haven - why? The answer is simple, you do not need to be her PR to get it; the tournament starts on the 19th of August, Maria has to be on the 20th of August in New York in Henri Bendel to promote her candy Sugarpova.
Maybe I'll try and go wait outside of the store and get to see her!

#14 ·
Matt Cronin is a journalist, he checks his info with the teams, PR representatives of the players (at least we should hope he does; nowadays, in the internet era everything and everyone can be doubted) - so Maria's team has said she doesn't plan to play New Haven, which doesn't mean that she cannot change her mind in the last minute. But I am sure 100% that she won't play New Haven - why? The answer is simple, you do not need to be her PR to get it; the tournament starts on the 19th of August, Maria has to be on the 20th of August in New York in Henri Bendel to promote her candy Sugarpova.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.