Reputation is a new feature that allows other members to reward you when you make a special contribution or a useful post to the WTAworld community. In contrast, if you're rude or set out to be deliberately abusive members can mark that down against your name.
Your reputation is also built up by how long you've been a member and the amount of posts you make.
How does it work? Where I can see it?
SteveG posted this excellent explanation:
- to view your reputation when you are browsing posts, you just need to move your mouse over the green dot. A comment will indicate where you stand (distinguished road, almost famous...).
- to view the number of points you have and the comments that you have received, go to your user CP. You can also review from there to which of your posts these comments refer.
- to give some reputation (good / bad) to someone (should be based on someone's post), click on the
icon below the name of the member to whom you want to give points. In the new 2007 CSS layout the button will look like this:
What to do in case of spam/abuse via a reputation comment?
start threads naming posters in the public forum as there have been occasions when one side does not represent the entire story accurately.
Any use of the reputation system to leave abusive comments that you consider offensive or spam can be reported to supermods or admins by reporting one of the offending poster's posts or, if they have no posts, by sending a PM to a supermod or admin.
Which levels of reputation are there?
The system has the following levels (minimum rep level to reach this level in brackets):
User is infamous around these parts
User can only hope to improve
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
User is an unknown quantity at this point
User is on a distinguished road
User will become famous soon enough
User has a spectacular aura about
User is a jewel in the rough
User is just really nice
User is a glorious beacon of light
User is a name known to all
User is a splendid one to behold
User has much to be proud of
User has a brilliant future
User has a reputation beyond repute
The maximum rep points is at 2.147.483.647 (2^31-1), due to the bandwidth used for storage.
Some other rules and requirements:
* You must have at least 50 posts, a reputation of 10 and 500 credits for your reputation to have any effect on others (new posters receive 10 reputation points by default). If a poster does not have enough rep power, a rep will show up as grey).
* You can reputation 10 times in each 24 hour period (admins have an unlimited amount of reps). You can't rep the same post twice.
* You have to rep 10 different people before you can rep the same person again.
* Your reputation power is determined by the amount of posts (1 point for every 500 posts), the number of days you are registered (1 point for every 20 days), your reputation (1 point for every 100 points of reputation) and your credits (1 point for every 1000 credits). The reputation power of admins is a set number (currently 15000000).
How to switch off reputation:
Go to your User CP. Choose "Edit Options" Under "Login and Privacy" (the first section), uncheck the option for "Show Reputation Level". You rep status will now be invisible to others. It will now show just a black dot. Other colors used are green (positive reputation) and red (negative reputation) next to someone's username.