Tennis Forum banner

Great Olympic Summer (Stanford, Carlsbad, London Summer Olympics)

8K views 83 replies 19 participants last post by  saul1333 
#1 ·
Let us hope for a great June/July for sisters. They did so great on grass season. Ula will play Stanford and Carlsbad in California. Aga is scheduled to play Palermo but who knows if she will appear there. :)

Afterwards Olympic Games are waiting for them.

#27 ·
Carlsbad Main Draw Singles

(1)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v BYE
Kai-Chen Chang (TPE) v Vania King (USA)
Q v Misaki Doi (JPN)
Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) v (5)Christina McHale (USA)

(3)Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v BYE
Q v Melinda Czink (HUN)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v Heather Watson (GBR)
Q v (7)Yanina Wickmayer (BEL)

(8)Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) v (wc)Coco Vandeweghe (USA)
Varvara Lepchenko (USA) v (wc)Nicole Gibbs (USA)
(wc)Lauren Davis (USA) v Q
(4)Nadia Petrova (RUS) v BYE

(6/wc)Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Urszula Radwanska (POL)
Sorana Cirstea (ROU) v Sloane Stephens (USA)
Marina Erakovic (NZL) v Anne Keothavong (GBR)
(2)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v BYE

:sad:

#33 ·
From WTAtennis site: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20120716/top-50-debutantes-win-openers-in-carlsbad_2256076_2851324
Radwanska, who made her Top 50 debut just this week and will also be playing at the Olympics, under the Polish flag, scored the first upset of the week in Carlsbad, winning a tight two-setter against the No.6 seed, Daniela Hantuchova, coming from a break down in the second set to finish it, 64 75.

Radwanska had lost to Hantuchova routinely in their two previous encounters.

"I knew what to expect from her. I know her game. So I was prepared for this match," Radwanska said afterwards. "I just believed in myself. In February when I played her I wasn't that well prepared, maybe a little bit scared, but this time I believed I could do it and played pretty well, in every area of my game.

"The last couple of weeks I've been playing very well. After every match I've been getting more experience and more confidence. Now I believe I can beat even players from the Top 20, and that was one of the keys for me today."

The younger Radwanska has been keeping in touch a lot with big sister, World No.2 Agnieszka Radwanska. "We talk to each other every day actually - even twice a day sometimes! We're Skyping all the time. I'm asking her how things are going at home in Poland, she's asking me how things are going here. We're in touch all the time. She's at home, resting after Wimbledon, but she's also practicing very hard for the Olympics. We usually only talk one sentence about tennis or matches though - most of the time we talk about other things."

#41 ·
Friday, July 20, 2012

Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Urszula Radwanska vs. Dominika Cibulkova
2. Jelena Jankovic vs. Chan Yung-Jan (NB 13.00hrs)
3. Varvara Lepchenko vs. Nadia Petrova (NB 15.00hrs)
4. Cibulkova/Hantuchova vs. King/Petrova (after suitable rest)
5. Marion Bartoli vs. Christina McHale (NB 20.00hrs)
6. Kops-Jones/Spears vs. Lee-Waters/Moulton-Levy

Probably no stream :sad:

Go Ula!

#45 · (Edited)
Domi was not that good to begin hitting dfs and missing overheads. But Ula was getting pushed around in most rallies. Only good serving kept Ula in the match. Hit one 2nd serve ace and Domi laughed :lol: Fh was pretty good (definite improvement :))

Taped right shoulder. Thought it would be like Aga's last year and bring her the title :sobbing:

Called for Maciej once.

Domi's group was 'Pome'-ing more than her.

That's all I can remember.

#48 ·
Why is Kiri in R3 a bad draw? I know they had a close match at Wimbledon but Agnieszka should win this one in straight sets.
Kvitova is the real hurdle here, but first both of them need to reach QFs.
Aga shouldn't lose before QF.

Bad draw in doubles, I guess Aga will play mixed :oh:
as for Ula...enjoy your time in London ;)

#52 ·
Why is Kiri in R3 a bad draw? I know they had a close match at Wimbledon but Agnieszka should win this one in straight sets.
Kvitova is the real hurdle here, but first both of them need to reach QFs.
Aga shouldn't lose before QF.

Bad draw in doubles, I guess Aga will play mixed :oh:
as for Ula...enjoy your time in London ;)
I hope to play with Fyrstenberg :hearts:

#51 · (Edited)
GOOD LUCK!!!

Court 17 Start:11:30
Women's Doubles - 1st Round

Shvedova / Voskoboeva (KAZ) V Dubois / Wozniak (CAN)

Women's Singles - 1st Round

Mona BARTHEL (GER) V Urszula RADWANSKA (POL)

Women's Singles - 1st Round

Anabel MEDINA GARRIGUES (ESP) V Yanina WICKMAYER (BEL)

Men's Doubles - 1st Round

Granollers / Lopez (ESP) V Erlich / Ram (ISR)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.