What do you think the British Rankings will look like at the end of 2004?
Post your predictions here
Here are mine;
1. Anne - 80
2. Jane - 150
3. Elena - 150 or higher (if healthy)
4. Sarah - Top 220
5. Amanda - similar to sarah (if she can gain more points before Eastbourne)
6. Emily - Top 250 (needs to remain fit and gain loads of points in the first 5 months where she has little to defend - could be around the same as Amanda/Sarah)
7. Karen - Top 300 (just needs to play more higher tier challengers and stop playing $10k's)
8. Chantal - Top 350 (enter more higher tier chellneger events)
9. Rebecca D - 450 ish (needs to play more events!!!)
10. Katie - similar to Rebecca D (should move away from British tour and play lots more Challenger events)
Also, players like South, Llewellyn, Bagshaw, Davison, MacKenzie should make big rises! And Jade Curtis should play a couple of events for experience at a higher level.
Hopefully 2004 will be a better year than 2003 for British women's tennis