I think the main problem for all the British girls is being able to stay healthy for a long period of time: Bally with her liver/back, Anne's knee, Sarah's been out recently, so if they can keep healthy I feel Bally and Anne could make the top 100. Sarah is a bit too old in my opinion, but you never know.
Inconsistency is another huge problem, so if Mel, Katie, Naomi and Georgie could start posting back-to-back quarterfinals, semifinals or finals, they should start rising the rankings again.
Top 5 British players at the moment:
1. Anne - good results in Europe lately
2. Melanie - good results in Australia
3. Georgie - working hard and could get close to the top 300 soon if she keeps playing like this
4. Amanda - good results, if a little inconsistent
5. Katie - played well lately
Overall top 5
1. Elena - so much potential, just needs a few good years
Amanda's game can cause trouble for some players, but she is getting on a bit. However, she could still do well, with no points to defend up until April.