Tennis Forum banner

Jill Craybas

158K views 3K replies 91 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
I figured I'd make a cheering thread for Jill! She's one cool lady...

I hope she can defend most of her quarterfinalist points this year at the Nasdaq-100!

She just defeated Razzano 46 63 62. Well done Jill!

Reactions: ae wowww
#4 ·
Jill lost to Ai 57 46 :sad:. At least she gave Ai a good fight!

Good luck in your next tournament Jill!

#5 ·
Go Jill!

#6 · (Edited)
Estoril

Jill kicks of her red-clay season this week at Estoril. In the 1st Round she faces [LL] Madga Mihalache of Romania. Jill should breeze through and collect a win on the clay. Good luck at this tournament Jill, and go go go!

UPDATE: Jill won her first round match over [LL] Magda Mihalache ROM 6-3 6-1. Jill used her experience to take the match. She seemed to play pretty well (almost 80% of her first serves in), plus winning over 50% of return points. Next up Ludmila Cervanova of Slovakia. Should be a toughy, all the best to Jill!

1st Round: def. [LL] Magda Mihalache ROM: 6-3 6-1
2nd Round: vs. Ludmila Cervanova SVK

#7 ·
Chubin said:
Estoril

Jill kicks of her red-clay season this week at Estoril. In the 1st Round she faces [LL] Madga Mihalache of Romania. Jill should breeze through and collect a win on the clay. Good luck at this tournament Jill, and go go go!

UPDATE: Jill won her first round match over [LL] Magda Mihalache ROM 6-3 6-1. Jill used her experience to take the match. She seemed to play pretty well (almost 80% of her first serves in), plus winning over 50% of return points. Next up Ludmila Cervanova of Slovakia. Should be a toughy, all the best to Jill! :)

2nd Round: vs. Ludmila Cervanova SVK
Jill defeated Cervanova 64 61! A great win, especially on clay! She is now back into the top 100!

Great job Jill!!!

#8 ·
Estoril

Jill has kicked off her red-clay season to an amazing start! :D She has advanced to her first QF on Clay as well as her first QF of the year. Coming in against Cervanova (who had reached a clay final earlier this year - Bogota) she had a losing record ('01 Indian Wells). She however did not let it faze her as she came on to defeat Cervanova 6-4 6-1.

Next up is the tough Russian Dinara Safina. They have never played before, however, Jill will be looking to play her game and try and frustrate Safina. Good luck Jill! :D

By the way - Jill re-enters the Top 100 at No. 92 with this QF appearance! :)

2nd Round: def. Ludmila Cervanova SVK: 6-4 6-1
Quarter Final: vs. [2] Dinara Safina RUS

#9 ·
Estoril

Sadly Jill's Estoril run came to an end today. Safina took her out 6-4 6-2. however, Jill did not go out without a fight. Jill was up 4-1 :sad: and always was attacking on Safina's second serve. Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come. Commitment-wise were not yet sure where Craybas is heading next (possibly Morocco).

Congrats on a great tournament Jill and on the Top 100 ranking, again ;)

2nd Round: def. Ludmila Cervanova: 6-4 6-1
Quarterfinal: l. [2] Dinara Safina: 6-4 6-2

#10 ·
Berlin

Jill somehow got direct entry into the Main Draw. :shrug: She's got a good draw to go to the 3rd Round! In the first round she faces a Qualifier, then in the second round Karolina Sprem (who is majorily slumping, and hates Craybas' game style) or Virginie Razzano (Jill beat her this year). In the third round she would face Mauresmo, however, although we have much faith in Jill I doubt she'll be able to beat Mauresmo on clay.

Good luck Jill! :) No news if she's playing doubles or not. Stay tuned...

1st Round: vs. Qualifier

#11 ·
Chubin said:
Berlin

Jill somehow got direct entry into the Main Draw. :shrug: She's got a good draw to go to the 3rd Round! In the first round she faces a Qualifier, then in the second round Karolina Sprem (who is majorily slumping, and hates Craybas' game style) or Virginie Razzano (Jill beat her this year). In the third round she would face Mauresmo, however, although we have much faith in Jill I doubt she'll be able to beat Mauresmo on clay.

Good luck Jill! :) No news if she's playing doubles or not. Stay tuned...

1st Round: vs. Qualifier
That's a great draw! I hope Jill takes advantage of it... good luck Jill!

#15 ·
Berlin

What a 1R win for Jill! She was down 3-0 in the final set, yet she managed to comeback and win over Qualifier Stephanie Gehrlein 4-6 6-3 6-4. Some really good fighting from Jill! :) Jill advances to the 2R of the German Open, where she will face Virginie Razzano, a player whom she has defeated this year (Miami, 4-6 6-2 6-3).

Should be a great match! Good luck Jill :D (Jill is 3rd on Court No. 1 tomorrow).

1st Round: def. [Q] Stephanie Gehrlein: 4-6 6-3 6-4
2nd Round: vs. Virginie Razzano

By the way, Jill's ranking now goes up to No. 82! Congrats Jill! :D

#19 ·
Prague

Jill is headed off to Prague, Czech Republic for a Tier IV Red Clay Tournament. In the first round of the tournament Jill will face off against No. 8 seeded Martina Sucha - a player she has beaten before, however, on HARDCOURT. Sucha hates the clay, recently double-bagelled by Ana Ivanovic at Warsaw. If Jill can keep up her solid results on clay as of late then she should propel herself up the rankings as she only has 3 points to defend until Birmingham.

In doubles Jill is partnering up with Marlene Weingartner. They face No. 2 seeded Emilie Loit and Nicole Pratt in the first round. If they can take out the No. 2 seeds they should be able to easily advance to the Semi-Finals. Good luck Jill! :D

Singles

1st Round: vs. [8] Martina Sucha SVK

Doubles

1st Round: vs. [2] Emilie Loit FRA/Nicole Pratt AUS

#20 ·
Chubin said:
Prague

Jill is headed off to Prague, Czech Republic for a Tier IV Red Clay Tournament. In the first round of the tournament Jill will face off against No. 8 seeded Martina Sucha - a player she has beaten before, however, on HARDCOURT. Sucha hates the clay, recently double-bagelled by Ana Ivanovic at Warsaw. If Jill can keep up her solid results on clay as of late then she should propel herself up the rankings as she only has 3 points to defend until Birmingham.

In doubles Jill is partnering up with Marlene Weingartner. They face No. 2 seeded Emilie Loit and Nicole Pratt in the first round. If they can take out the No. 2 seeds they should be able to easily advance to the Semi-Finals. Good luck Jill! :D

Singles

1st Round: vs. [8] Martina Sucha SVK

Doubles

1st Round: vs. [2] Emilie Loit FRA/Nicole Pratt AUS
Good luck Jill! She is definitely the heavy favorite in the Sucha match and I hope she and Marlene can pull off the upset in doubles!

#21 ·
Prague

Jill advanced to the second round of Prague today with an upset win over No. 8 seeded Martina Sucha: 6-3 6-3. This is Jill's second win over Sucha, and 1st on clay. With this win Jill's ranking goes up to 81, and will go even higher if she can defeat Yoon-Jeong Cho - whom she has losing record to (0-2: matches came on Grass and HC).

Sadly Craybas/Weingartner were eliminated by the No. 2 seeds Loit/Pratt easily 3-6 2-6. It's too bad, however, we all want Craybas to concentrate on her singles and advance within the tournament! Good luck in Singles Jill! :D

Singles
1st Round: def. [8] Martina Sucha SVK: 6-3 6-3
2nd Round: vs. Yoon-Jeong Cho KOR

Doubles
1st Round: l. [2] Emilie Loit FRA/Nicole Pratt AUS: 3-6 2-6

#22 ·
Prague

Jill advanced to her second Clay QF of the year by defeating Yoon-Jeong Cho of Korea. This is a huge accomplishment by Jill especially since Clay is her weakest surface by far! Next up is No. 2 seeded Klara Koukalova of the Czech Republic. They have never played before however, Jill definetely has the upper hand as Klara hasn't been having the best season on clay nor vs. counter-punchers like Craybas. If Jill can advance to the SF's this will be a huge achievement seeing as her best surface is still yet to come. Good luck Jill and make this happen! :)

By the way, Jill moves up to no. 74 with this win. If she can advance into the Semi-Finals she'll go even higher! :D

Singles
1st Round: def. [8] Martina Sucha SVK: 6-3 6-3
2nd Round: def. Yoon-Jeong Cho KOR: 7-5 6-4
Quarter Final: vs. [2] Klara Koukalova CZE

Doubles
1st Round: l. [2] Emilie Loit FRA/Nicole Pratt AUS: 3-6 2-6

#23 ·
Jill lost to Koukalova 46 36 (or vice versa).

Still, a good effort from Jill especially on clay. Good luck in your next touranment, Jill! Keep up the great work!

#24 ·
Hey all... I've known of Jill Craybas for quite a while, but when Jim signed into mixed doubles at RG with her, I did a bit of researching and am already a big fan!
I'm definitely hoping to see her play plenty during this grass court season, and look forward to following her results. Let's have pics!!!!!!!!!

#25 ·

In Paris in the player lounge, I sat next to her and she was wearing these shorts ^^,

This top ^^

And I just think this is an awesome photo

Looking awesome for thirty :devil: ! She was sat down on a seat, and her shorts had sort of hitched up a bit, so the tennis bloomers were lower than the shorts (if that makes sense)? I couldn't stand up!! :drool:

#26 ·
ae wowww said:

In Paris in the player lounge, I sat next to her and she was wearing these shorts ^^,

This top ^^

And I just think this is an awesome photo

Looking awesome for thirty :devil: ! She was sat down on a seat, and her shorts had sort of hitched up a bit, so the tennis bloomers were lower than the shorts (if that makes sense)? I couldn't stand up!! :drool:
Thanks for the pictures! She does look great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.