Tennis Forum banner

I never cry. EVER.

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Trih 
#1 ·
...but the moment that ball splashed into the net, I was in tears. I really didn't expect to do that. And I probably wouldn't have had the shoulder injury never happened. But that's what made me emotional. That's what made Maria emotional (which in turn made me more emotional, because we never see that from her). That's what made this mean more. I never thought she'd be back to this point. I hate to admit that, but it's true. Who could have? It's not that we didn't believe in Maria... it's just that, how could she possibly come off of an injury like that and return to her prior dominance? Well, she actually didn't do that... she surpassed it. She's better now than she ever was before the injury. I'm just so happy right now. This is such a wonderful moment for Maria. And for us, her dedicated fans. She's back, and better than ever. And most importantly... the career grand slam is hers. At last. At last.

#7 ·
I'd love that... but honestly, I'm more concerned with her winning the second event at the AELTC this summer. I'll still be excited for Wimbledon, but I don't think I've been so unpumped (if that makes sense) for a Wimbledon before. If she doesn't win the title, I won't sweat it one bit. Olympic gold is what I really want for Maria... how cool would it be to upgrade her career grand slam to a career golden slam?

#8 ·
I screamed so loudly, then I had to grab my pillow, because I wasn't done screaming :lol:
I jumped up and down, and couldn't sit still during the entire throphy ceremony :p

#12 ·
I was watching it with my family so I had to hold everything in so as not to risk being committed to an institution :lol:

It still hasn't really sunk in for me. I'm sure when I watch coverage of Wimbledon I'll be in tears the second they refer to her as the French Open champion :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.