- View Single Post - Mona Barthel
Thread: Mona Barthel
View Single Post
post #3064 of (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM
country flag Gundam Exia
Re: Mona Barthel

Originally Posted by moviemac View Post
Exactly. It's rather unfortunate that her 5 matches against Top 10 players this season included 4 matches against Azarenka. Of course she won the other one. I want to see her play other Top 10 girls now, especially 4-10, I think she will have a good chance against all of them.

I think it's a smart decision to play Estoril next. She made 120 points this week beating Ivanovic and Bartoli and (again) almost beating Azarenka. In contrast the 4 semifinalists of Fes made more points than her this week, mostly against opponents that would have struggled getting through qualifying in Stuttgart.
Yeah, totally agree with you mate.

Originally Posted by joy division View Post
For the non German posters -
There were some rumors in the last few weeks that Mona has some problems with her foot.
Boomerang kid@ said she twisted her ankle at Miami and it`s therefore. I also think that she has these problems since a little longer. But there are missing more detailed information about her injury. ( I can`t find them, maybe somebody else knows more about it ?)
In an article at yahoo eurosport news 2 days ago they were already talking about Mona taking a break. So her withdraw from Estoril is not too surprising.
Thanks mate. Hopefully nothing serious.

Barthel Kerber Pavlyuchenkova Garcia Muguruza
Shvedova Pliskova Radwanska Ostapenko Gavrilova Lottner Bencic Halep Svitolina
Forever Chakvetadze
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome