Tennis Forum banner

Pac 12

177K views 2K replies 42 participants last post by  tennisbuddy12 
#1 ·
Continued because threads over 1,000 replies may get moved and the other Pac 10 thread was almost there. :lol:

#153 ·
leading; SEGUSO, MUSILOVICH...
Burdette vs Nemcevic match was finished I think, N was playing well when I left during the early 1st. MARKS won the 1st set in a tiebreaker I think, sp serv ace?
KK vs SKOWRONSKI is tight.
Should head to the main court; GIBBS vs JONES, SUSANYI vs JANSSENS when the play resumes

#154 ·
iterum, :rain:

McCall is leading Nicole 4-3 I think, Susanyi is leading, Pulido too,
Montez won the 2nd so goes to 3rd against Marks, Gabi vs Dolehide just started, Watson vs Hager too methink

1st day is always like this, frequent interruption by rain :hysteric: I fear this could be a long day..

#165 ·
Just returned, savoring USC men's win :lol:

If you think I'm Stanford-centered...:lol: You all know my goal is to watch as many matches as possible :devil:
Can't report Tan vs Gibbs, since I expected it might be long and didn't bother :rolls:
But 2nd serve will report, right?:lol:

#170 · (Edited)
I missed 2nd_serve :tears: Was looking forward to have a chat with him about Stanford next season :(

Anyway, I guess Gibbs will play higher than Mal next season. She is more consistent in her results(not too many shocking losses :lol:) So, it's between Nicole and Krista for the #1 spot :lol: (which should be the TOP college topic next season, since STAN is winning everything anyway :tape: )

#181 ·
CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION FIRST ROUND
No. 3 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. No. 93 McCall Jones (UCLA) 5-7, 6-3, 6-2
No. 5 Mallory Burdette (STAN) d. Andjela Kankaras (WSU) 6-3, 6-1
No. 57 Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Kim Stubbe (ARIZ) 7-6 (1), 6-4
No. 65 Ellen Tsay (STAN) d. Julia Metzger (ORE) 6-1, 6-1

#182 ·
STAN website provides some useful infos;

"Burdette's first-set win over Susanyi represented the first time an opponent won at least five games in any set since March 30, when Burdette topped Arizona State's Michelle Brycki 7-5, 6-4."

Now you understand how Brycki beat Scandal.

LINK

"After requiring three sets to win her opening-round match on Thursday, Gibbs lost just four games over her final four matches en route to the title. Three of her five victories came against Golden Bear opponents.

Gibbs has now won seven matches in a row and is 31-5 overall and 17-2 in duals.

There was also a possibility for Gibbs to become the first Stanford player to capture both conference titles since Marissa Irvin accomplished the feat in 1999.

However, Gibbs and Mallory Burdette dropped a 6-4, 6-4 decision to USC's Kaitlyn Christian and Sabrina Santamaria in the doubles final. The Women of Troy have now won the conference doubles title in three of the last five years."

#183 ·
from CAL website;

" No. 96-ranked sophomore Anett Schutting became the first Golden Bear to advance to the conference singles title match since Susie Babos in 2007".

Cal fared better in the doubles invitational final where junior Tayler Davis and freshman Laura Posylkin earned a 9-7 victory over Arizona's tandem of Hailey Johnson and Sarah Landsman to take home the invitational title. The Bear duo is the first to capture the invitational crown since Bojana Bobusic and Claire Ilcinkas won it in 2007."

" Cal has appeared in all 30 NCAA tournaments and has hosted first- and second-round matches at the Hellman Tennis Complex in each of the last six years."

#184 ·
from UCLA website;

"After winning the first set 6-4, Anderson suffered an injury and dropped the second set at love. She retired before starting a third set."

So it was already pretty close when Robin got injured. She seemed all right, had no problem walking along the grounds on Sunday.

#186 ·
again apologize for not watching Tan vs Gibbs, but USC players were playing invitational semi at the same time, can't abandon my Trojans and watch a STAN affair, can I? :devil:

And I have to blame Stacey, the match was finished too quick :sad:

------------------

And what? This is a conspiracy to eliminate PAC 12 teams early :fiery:

#187 ·
From the Daily Bruin:

"Freshman Robin Anderson, the only player from UCLA to win a match in the singles championship draw, did not finish the third set of her quarterfinal match because of back problems."

It doesn't sound too serious, thank goodness!

"The pair’s run was cut short though, as Dolehide’s foot injury shelved the duo in their second round match against the USC team of Zoe Scandalis and Valeria Pulido."

Hopefully the foot injury doesn't sideline her during the tournament.

"Fellow freshman Chanelle Van Nguyen teamed up with Anderson for a letdown in doubles championship play. The pair jumped out to a 7-2 lead against a USC duo, only to drop seven straight games in their opening round defeat."

Fantic, did you see that match? That's too bad they couldn't close it out but I guess that's what could happen when you haven't played together before. Credit to the USC girls because they went on to win.

#188 ·
From the Daily Bruin:

"Freshman Robin Anderson, the only player from UCLA to win a match in the singles championship draw, did not finish the third set of her quarterfinal match because of back problems."

It doesn't sound too serious, thank goodness!

"The pair’s run was cut short though, as Dolehide’s foot injury shelved the duo in their second round match against the USC team of Zoe Scandalis and Valeria Pulido."

Hopefully the foot injury doesn't sideline her during the tournament.

"Fellow freshman Chanelle Van Nguyen teamed up with Anderson for a letdown in doubles championship play. The pair jumped out to a 7-2 lead against a USC duo, only to drop seven straight games in their opening round defeat."

Fantic, did you see that match? That's too bad they couldn't close it out but I guess that's what could happen when you haven't played together before. Credit to the USC girls because they went on to win.
please check my blog at my sig, I report there :)

#189 ·
Ojai final..was underwhelming. I mean, Schutting and Tan basically did all the 'dirty job' for Gibbsy, beating Smyth, Anderson, Burdette, Juricova, Scandal :lol: Lord knows I'm one of the biggest fans of Gibbsy, but I dunno what to expect for her at Athens. We'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.