Re: Israeli hopes for the future?
Next week Linetskaya and Lee Or (don't really know anything about her) will be playing qualies in 10ks.
The week after that: Shani Blecher (also new to me), Glushko, Khazaniuk, Shlomo, Lankri, Linetskaya, and Lee Or are all in the acceptance lists
Seeing the results almost makes you wish they remained inactive
- Glushko, seeded 5/Q, failed to qualify in Dothan (USA) 50K.
- Khazaniuk (7/Q) and Shlomo (2/Q) at least played up to their seeds and made the MD in an Uzbek 25K (Keren just barely) before losing R1 in straight sets, Deniz against another qualifier with a very similar ranking (and age) to hers.
- Lankri lost 1&0 in a 10K in Antalya.
- Lee Or didn't make the MD in a 10K in Greece (at least she won a match).
- Blecher got into a 10K in Peru(!) [which was supposed to have a 64Q draw and ended up not having qualies at all, with all 30 players there straight into the MD - haven't seen anything like that ] and lost R1.
- And the talented, troubled one disappeared, again.
And it's not like our #1 player is doing great atm.
It's simply depressing to be an Israeli tennis fan these days
and there's not even a sign that things are going to get any better.