Tennis Forum banner

Family Circle Cup, Charleston 2012

12K views 134 replies 23 participants last post by  MardenDiller 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a superstition, when I open the tournament topic Sabine plays better and reaches to more round (Wimbledon 2011). That's why I hastened to open this topic :)

Qualifying Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Friday, March 30, 2012)
Singles Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Saturday, March 31, 2012)
Doubles Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Sunday, April 1, 2012)

PS: There is a pool on the tournaments website don't forget to vote for Sabine http://www.familycirclecup.com/index.html

Lisicki-Hlavackova: 2-6 6-3 6-4

Lisicki-Shvedova: 7-5 6:4

#2 ·
PS: There is a pool on their website dont forget to vote for Sabine http://www.familycirclecup.com/index.html
done, thx for posting;)
She is third with 74 votes just in front of Sam but wide behind Serena and Aga :angel:

btw: the photo she last posted, she looks very happy and smart but kind of "dutchy" with the orange shoes and dutch-flag shirt:lol:

#8 ·
I have a superstition, when I open the tournament topic Sabine plays better and reaches to more round (Wimbledon 2011). That's why I hastened to open this topic :)
Good decision!
Let's hope it helps :yeah:

PS: There is a pool on the tournaments website don't forget to vote for Sabine http://www.familycirclecup.com/index.html
Done

1. Serena 261 votes
2. Sabine :hearts: 206 votes
3. Agnieszka 164 votes

:)

If you look who has won Charleston over the last 40 years then it makes me a little bit proud that Sabines name stands written there. :cool:
40 years of champions

#9 ·

Qualifying Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Friday, March 30, 2012)
Singles Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Saturday, March 31, 2012)
Doubles Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Sunday, April 1, 2012)

how many times can I vote? I would like to vote for Jule as well :D

#22 ·
agreed, without her serve back she is attackable and won't have the slightest chance vs. most top 20 players at the moment, even with an easy draw she can get beaten by
"a weaker opponent", we've seen that, she hasn't really improved yet, serve gets worse not better imo, so i hope for some "easy matches", like in miami to get some wins, her Win/Lose ratio this year isn't very good to date, that must change.

#32 ·
She should be able to win against Falconi. Should also have a good feeling about it, as she had won the last meeting comfortably (U.S. Open). Wicky or King in 3rd. Makeable.
Petrova or Bartoli in Quarters. I say Bartoli. Hopefully, Petrova makes it a good match. Then Marion will be tired in the next. That's her pattern.
Well, I'd say possily Stosur in Semi. Or Venus? But with William's health issues you never know. She probably has a super day when she has to play Sam. :help:

All in all I'm satisfied. Sabine can beat all of them as she had proved in the past. Now let's see if she stops beating herself.

#33 ·
Maybe I'm wrong but, at the moment Sabine doesn't seem to be dedicated to her tennis. She is having bad results and she has to train x2 times more and think about it but she went to a basketball match.
Watching and meeting with Dirk is nice but to keep her mind in her tennis and focus she has to give up doing some out of court activities.:rolleyes:

#34 ·
Maybe I'm wrong but, at the moment Sabine doesn't seem to be dedicated to her tennis. She is having bad results and she has to train x2 times more and think about it but she went to a basketball match.
Watching and meeting with Dirk is nice but instead of these out of court activities, she has to think her tennis more than anything else...
Well if I had the chance to meet Dirk, I would forget almost anything else! Choosing between a half day of training and a meet and greet with a legend like him, I wouldn`t even think about it for even a half a second!

#35 ·
Sabines life isn't and shouldn't be all about tennis, its still basicly just her job, also i don't even think this wasn't her idea in the first place, maybe sponsors or media send her there, wouldn't surprise me, since the german media jumped on that picture she tweeted wearing the mav shirt like it was the biggest thing ever.

And she did train hard regarding her tweets, only downside is that she didn't prepare earlier on charleston clay, but since she gets a bye, there is a day more to train on site.

#37 ·
Oh guys, she worked so hard and desperate last weeks always with these silly yellow ones, time to break the 24/7 - tennis insanity, even professionals need a break out once. Sure, she enjoyed supporting the winning Mavericks and taking some energy with her from meeting with one of the most famous and popular german sportsmen, enviable:worship:

http://www.sportler-des-jahres.de/2-wahl/sportler-des-jahres-seit-1947

#47 ·
Exactly! I hope she'll have a good Charleston. In doubles it's going to be tough especially since in Miami Huber and Raymond got defeated first round (let's bet they will make sure it won't happen twice in a row) and in singles... One match at a time, of course. I'm looking forward to seeing how her week in Bradenton is going to pay off. I hope she'll reach the quarters. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.