Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8 - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
 39Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #391 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 526
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Maybe even more so. I suspect Lena is now the model of chastity and virtue.

Even without bangs.
Probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb1961 View Post
I have a feeling Max's photos have never been posted this much in his entire life .......Look at all the publicity he gets now...
That's true. From what we know about Maxim, he's probably not too fond of that aspect of married life with a retired tennis legend. But I'm sure being with Lena makes up for it

I'm amazed how well Elena is settling into the Victoria Beckham-esque "Walking Fashion Statement" role of being a stylish WAG spectator. Maxim still has to work on his David Beckham impression, though

Anyone else notice that Elena no longer seems to be borrowing Mommy Vera's clothes? Maybe Elena is taking advantage of being around fashion conscious people in her TV hostess role. Isn't the dress she's wearing in Makatieva's last caps the same that she wore in her debut Kitchen show? I wonder if those are her own clothes or if the TV station is giving her a new wardrobe of clothes to wear?

Last edited by deadparrot; Nov 10th, 2011 at 04:29 AM.
deadparrot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #392 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Worshipping the bangs
 
miffedmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Larsson's Player Forum
Posts: 59,836
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

I hadn't noticed, but you're right, she's kicked her style count up a notch. I suspect she's getting some help from her TV team, but I also suspect this is the first time she's really had the time to think a lot about her appearance. A lot of the women, not just her, seem to have less than great fashion sense, but I think some of that's because the players devote their lives to their sport and really don't have time for other interest. I think there are some other players who have undergone a similar transformation after retiring.

Except, of course, none of them were as gorgeous as Lena. (even without bangs).

Max
Pass the duct tape and super glue. Lena's done broke my heart one last time.
Onward my LOB! Lena (ret.) Vika Vee Caro Alexa Sabs Wicky Lesia Vania BMS Ekat Andi H. Jo-La Lena V KP2 Lil Bit Kiki Mini Mak Baby Veronika Lucie Cornelia
V Squad, The LOB Elite: Vika, Venus and the Mad Viking of Norrland
Jo-La Duchess of Norrland and Bastad
Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now  
post #393 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
keithb1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 953
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I hadn't noticed, but you're right, she's kicked her style count up a notch. I suspect she's getting some help from her TV team, but I also suspect this is the first time she's really had the time to think a lot about her appearance. A lot of the women, not just her, seem to have less than great fashion sense, but I think some of that's because the players devote their lives to their sport and really don't have time for other interest. I think there are some other players who have undergone a similar transformation after retiring.

Except, of course, none of them were as gorgeous as Lena. (even without bangs).
In my experience, its hard for me to imagine any women that dont take the time to worry about their appearance...
keithb1961 is offline  
 
post #394 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 32,773
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

There was a new volume of the fanclub and I didn't know!

Maybe I did know but subconsciously I didn't want to remember.
CamKendrick is offline  
post #395 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Maca.Lofish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On SS Dementieva
Posts: 1,883
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
Probably



That's true. From what we know about Maxim, he's probably not too fond of that aspect of married life with a retired tennis legend. But I'm sure being with Lena makes up for it

I'm amazed how well Elena is settling into the Victoria Beckham-esque "Walking Fashion Statement" role of being a stylish WAG spectator. Maxim still has to work on his David Beckham impression, though

Anyone else notice that Elena no longer seems to be borrowing Mommy Vera's clothes? Maybe Elena is taking advantage of being around fashion conscious people in her TV hostess role. Isn't the dress she's wearing in Makatieva's last caps the same that she wore in her debut Kitchen show? I wonder if those are her own clothes or if the TV station is giving her a new wardrobe of clothes to wear?
yes, it's the same she wore on the tv show (here) but it's not a dress is a top, she wore it with jeans and she looks gorgeous on it everytime she wears it

BTW what happened with today's episode of Kitchen?? stupid KHL Channel on youtube

I sooooooo wanna see Maxim on that tv show I wonder if he'll be on the show someday

Maca Lofish
Official Doctor of the SS Dementieva
Mommy Lena Dementieva
Veronika Afinogenova
Sergei Afinogenov

Maca.Lofish is offline  
post #396 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Worshipping the bangs
 
miffedmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Larsson's Player Forum
Posts: 59,836
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb1961 View Post
In my experience, its hard for me to imagine any women that dont take the time to worry about their appearance...
They do, but really being fashionable takes a lot of time and effort, which you probably don't have when you're working out and living out of a suitcase. You only have to look at the player party pics to know some of these women aren't exactly fashionistas. Which is fine, as I admire them as athletes. But it is nice to see Lena looking so lovely. Even bangless.

Max
Pass the duct tape and super glue. Lena's done broke my heart one last time.
Onward my LOB! Lena (ret.) Vika Vee Caro Alexa Sabs Wicky Lesia Vania BMS Ekat Andi H. Jo-La Lena V KP2 Lil Bit Kiki Mini Mak Baby Veronika Lucie Cornelia
V Squad, The LOB Elite: Vika, Venus and the Mad Viking of Norrland
Jo-La Duchess of Norrland and Bastad
Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now  
post #397 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Alenyaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SS Dementieva courts
Posts: 6,728
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Lena just AFR. Period.

Thank you, Elena

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...
Alenyaa is offline  
post #398 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Senior Member
 
iva_ds87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Posts: 1,263
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

More wedding pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1320655&type=1




Lena's parents!


Lena's parents-in-law

Елена Дементьева


NO ONE BUT LENA DEMENTIEVA
iva_ds87 is offline  
post #399 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Maca.Lofish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On SS Dementieva
Posts: 1,883
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iva_ds87 View Post
More wedding pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1320655&type=1




Lena's parents!




Lena's parents-in-law
OMG Iva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how you found them???!!!!

BTW I'll change my avi for the first picture

Maca Lofish
Official Doctor of the SS Dementieva
Mommy Lena Dementieva
Veronika Afinogenova
Sergei Afinogenov

Maca.Lofish is offline  
post #400 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Senior Member
 
cowsonice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,926
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

These pictures were from Alla's facebook!

Why is Lena so beautiful........sigh.

Now I'm considering to get bangs, but my hair is not cut out (no pun intended) for that kind of style. My middle school yearbook picture


Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline  
post #401 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Senior Member
 
iva_ds87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Posts: 1,263
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

My mistake, he's not Lena's father. Just read on wtatour.ru that he's some hockey great.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iva_ds87 View Post


Елена Дементьева


NO ONE BUT LENA DEMENTIEVA
iva_ds87 is offline  
post #402 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Worshipping the bangs
 
miffedmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Larsson's Player Forum
Posts: 59,836
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilee27 View Post
These pictures were from Alla's facebook!

Why is Lena so beautiful........sigh.

Now I'm considering to get bangs, but my hair is not cut out (no pun intended) for that kind of style. My middle school yearbook picture
Try again! There's more than one style of bangs, you don't have to just get "little girl bangs." Yay for bangs! Yay for bangs on Lena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iva_ds87 View Post
My mistake, he's not Lena's father. Just read on wtatour.ru that he's some hockey great.
We know what Daddy D. looks like! We've seen two, count 'em two pics of him now!

Max
Pass the duct tape and super glue. Lena's done broke my heart one last time.
Onward my LOB! Lena (ret.) Vika Vee Caro Alexa Sabs Wicky Lesia Vania BMS Ekat Andi H. Jo-La Lena V KP2 Lil Bit Kiki Mini Mak Baby Veronika Lucie Cornelia
V Squad, The LOB Elite: Vika, Venus and the Mad Viking of Norrland
Jo-La Duchess of Norrland and Bastad
Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now  
post #403 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Senior Member
 
cowsonice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,926
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Depending on the hairstylist, bangs could look great or go horribly wrong....just like Lena's serve.

Does anybody have any idea I can weave in Elena Dementieva references to my high school newspaper? I'm the sports editor, and I want to write an editorial about....something.

Except nobody knows Elena Dementieva, much less tennis at our school. Some girl on the tennis team didn't even know who Novak Djokovic was. And one of the our best players in school history named "Anna" Ivanovic as her favorite player

Only my best friend knows of Lena because they both play with Yonex.


Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline  
post #404 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Senior Member
 
slk45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,633
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilee27 View Post
Does anybody have any idea I can weave in Elena Dementieva references to my high school newspaper? I'm the sports editor, and I want to write an editorial about....something.
You could write about perseverance and determination. Try to find Lena's 2004 New Haven 1R match against Claudia Schaul (LUX), which was at the height of Lena's serving woes.

Lena began the match by serving 4 double faults interspersed with 5 lets. After the 4th DF, she asked the ball kid for the ball, and served it perfectly, of course. Broken at love, and Claudia (trying to suppress laughter after the 3rd DF) hadn't had a chance to touch the ball. Down 0-1, the commentators were going berserk about her serve, and it had only begun!

But Lena ignored it all, no reaction whatsoever, just kept on serving. She won the match 6-2,6-2. Beat JJ 1 & 4 in the 2R, and lost to Bovina 1 & 1 in the 3rd.

Lena's Official Exclusive Personal Masseur onboard the S.S. Dementieva

LENA - OLYMPIC GOLD BEPA - OLYMPIC BRONZE

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ya-Lena3-2.jpg
slk45 is offline  
post #405 of 2592 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Senior Member
 
iva_ds87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Posts: 1,263
                     
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilee27 View Post
Depending on the hairstylist, bangs could look great or go horribly wrong....just like Lena's serve.

Does anybody have any idea I can weave in Elena Dementieva references to my high school newspaper? I'm the sports editor, and I want to write an editorial about....something.

Except nobody knows Elena Dementieva, much less tennis at our school. Some girl on the tennis team didn't even know who Novak Djokovic was. And one of the our best players in school history named "Anna" Ivanovic as her favorite player

Only my best friend knows of Lena because they both play with Yonex.

Hm it's hard when no one cares about tennis. I could think of cool ideas, but in your case, options are pretty limited if you want your article not to be overlooked. The most reader attracting way is to write about beautiful/sexy tennis players/women in sports. slk45 made a good suggestion, you can do an article on determination to overcome difficulties in sports and include Lena and let's say Capriati and I guess there're plenty of examples in hockey/basketball/rugby too.

Елена Дементьева


NO ONE BUT LENA DEMENTIEVA
iva_ds87 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome