The SS Dementieva, New Horizons - Page 23 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,835
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

In re the previous post---That's just more evidence,aside from the Olympic Slam's gold medal,that Elena is INTERNATIONALLY recognized as a leader and model of excellence,class and beauty.I recommend to Cap'n Ross that we raise the ticket prices for Elena's appearance tour if folks want the PRIVILEGE of seeing her up close

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
CROUCHING TIGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 295
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Paul Pipkin wrote about the Jean Borota-award

Wow... And that means a lot coming from me. All here may guess I am cynical about many awards. (Like those damned plates WTA hands out for suffering the association's exploitation without complaint.)

But this is of a different order. I'm not highly familiar with the Jean Borota award but certain criteria considered grab my attention:

"Elena has quietly helped many people including World War II veterans but has always asked for this not to be made public."

"She was one of the not so many top class players who was fond of giving master classes for the young tennis players."

Both speak with a personal significance to me I'm not comfortable exapanding on--but I would think the obvious is sufficient. Elena was born thirty-six years after the Great Patriotic War. Now, I am aware of the relative degree of sacrifice and know that Russian youth are not so neglectful or indifferent to that debt as contemporaries over here. But a good fifty years until she was of an age of awareness is still a long damned time!

Elena in my eyes is an avatar of Родина--of the Motherland herself. It is gratifying that the gentlemen in Lausanne recognize & honor that character. Congrats! The Dementieva Story is far from finished.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER is offline  
post #333 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,835
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROUCHING TIGER View Post
Paul Pipkin wrote about the Jean Borota-award

Wow... And that means a lot coming from me. All here may guess I am cynical about many awards. (Like those damned plates WTA hands out for suffering the association's exploitation without complaint.)

But this is of a different order. I'm not highly familiar with the Jean Borota award but certain criteria considered grab my attention:

"Elena has quietly helped many people including World War II veterans but has always asked for this not to be made public."

"She was one of the not so many top class players who was fond of giving master classes for the young tennis players."

Both speak with a personal significance to me I'm not comfortable exapanding on--but I would think the obvious is sufficient. Elena was born thirty-six years after the Great Patriotic War. Now, I am aware of the relative degree of sacrifice and know that Russian youth are not so neglectful or indifferent to that debt as contemporaries over here. But a good fifty years until she was of an age of awareness is still a long damned time!

Elena in my eyes is an avatar of Родина--of the Motherland herself. It is gratifying that the gentlemen in Lausanne recognize & honor that character. Congrats! The Dementieva Story is far from finished.
Though I'm all in favor of showing Elena's patriotism...and I'm glad that you support it...isn't that a Belgian flag next to your poster name??

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #334 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Captain of the SS Dementieva
 
Dementinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bridge SS Dementieva
Posts: 15,125
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

All good from the Big D

Captain of the all new SS Dementieva


Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline  
post #335 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,835
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
All good from the Big D
What do you call a maritime accountant?The ship's 'bursar'?You'll have to forgive my lack of nautical vocabulary,but we could use a bookkeeper to rake in Elena's appearance fees and plan the budget for any damages that result from those occasional whims which compel her to smack someone around

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #336 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Senior Member
 
CROUCHING TIGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 295
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Thursday 27 January, Elena will play a charity match at CSKA.
She will play with Likhovtseva, Kunitsyn and Cherkasov (from ED-site)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER is offline  
post #337 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,835
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROUCHING TIGER View Post
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Thursday 27 January, Elena will play a charity match at CSKA.
She will play with Likhovtseva, Kunitsyn and Cherkasov (from ED-site)
Congrats on your sig eligibility....but no Elena praise?

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #338 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
CROUCHING TIGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 295
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

I think i praise Elena enough thru my comments on different websites. That signature says enough about forums i think. And yes, that's a belgium flag, not that important. Live in Brussels, capital of Europe!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER is offline  
post #339 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Captain of the SS Dementieva
 
Dementinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bridge SS Dementieva
Posts: 15,125
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

So, Lena will need a little bit of training.

Infirmary on stand by!

Captain of the all new SS Dementieva


Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline  
post #340 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
CROUCHING TIGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 295
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

According to Bobby Chintapalli ( a freelance journalist...and Elena's fan)
"Elena Dementieva has requested to have her ranking removed and so won't show up next week"

So, this is her last week as top-10. (source ED-site)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER is offline  
post #341 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,835
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROUCHING TIGER View Post
I think i praise Elena enough thru my comments on different websites. That signature says enough about forums i think. And yes, that's a belgium flag, not that important. Live in Brussels, capital of Europe!!
Yeah,my post probably looked kinda nasty,but I wasn't trying to harrass you,Tiger...no hard feelings,I hope

....And Cap'n Ross,I'm still wondering what a maritime accountant is called

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #342 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Senior Member
 
CROUCHING TIGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 295
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

LOL...i was amused by that post, bruce...certainly no hard feelings, on the contrary

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER is offline  
post #343 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Senior Member
 
CROUCHING TIGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 295
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Corporate Pimps are at it again! (source ED-site)



Per an alleged request to remove Dementieva from the rankings, Stacey Alaster's corporate pimps rushed to retroactively erase Elena from the January 17th rankings, which were:





NOW, in mid-week during a major--something that's NEVER done:





Upcoming: Azarenka out, Li Na must save her last year semifinal points, Serena Williams out of top 10 (-2000 points from the last year title).

Elena should be n°8 next week. Dementieva could be top 10 as long as another three weeks.


In the service of PREFERRED CHAMPIONS and their CORPORATE SPONSORS, WTA's panderers have no regard for even their own rules!!!

ALL HENS ON BOARD!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER is offline  
post #344 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,835
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROUCHING TIGER View Post
Corporate Pimps are at it again! (source ED-site)



Per an alleged request to remove Dementieva from the rankings, Stacey Alaster's corporate pimps rushed to retroactively erase Elena from the January 17th rankings, which were:





NOW, in mid-week during a major--something that's NEVER done:

Elena should be n°8 next week. Dementieva could be top 10 as long as another three weeks.


In the service of PREFERRED CHAMPIONS and their CORPORATE SPONSORS, WTA's panderers have no regard for even their own rules!!!

ALL HENS ON BOARD!!
Must be some sleazy prick exec who's bitter that Elena refused to pose for some cheesy WTA photo shoot

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #345 of 1291 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2011, 12:46 PM
member of NSSA
 
Rix643's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SS Dementieva
Posts: 7,576
                     
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

She's still in the rankings dating January 17th on WTATOUR.COM, in both the HTML as well as the PDF version..






Bibiane Weijers Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome