Tennis Forum banner

Jankovic hires Henner Nehles as new coach

6K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  EdinburghMan 
#1 ·
Jelena Jankovic has hired Henner Nehles, a former UNLV standout player from Germany, as her new coach, TENNIS.com has learned. Former No. 1 Jankovic has also severed ties with her agency, IMG, and is now being managed by the Las Vegas-based Linda Long, who once was an executive with Puma and Nike.

Nehles, who also helped coach the UNLV women's team, will travel with Jankovic to Australia. While the 26-year-old Serbian finished 2011 ranked No. 15 and reached two finals, she has not won a title since Indian Wells in March of 2010. Jankovic was most recently coached by Ricardo Sanchez, who is now helping coach No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki.
http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=15442&zoneid=6

#13 ·
Oh my God, who the damn is he?
Well, she can only be better so I hope that the Nehles one helps her reach the Top 10 again. I can see an interesting outcome.
People keep saying this, but I don't understand why. Realistically, her ranking right now is VERY flattering for the kind of season she had... it's artifically inflated by the fact she kept getting first-round byes and cushy draws thanks to being a top 10 player for the first half of last season (a privilege now gone). She's probably on course to drop out of the top 20 unless she lifts her game.

#18 ·
JJ seems kinda uncoachable. I give it six months :sad:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.