Tennis Forum banner

Kvitova: Has a player been ranked so high before with...

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Jan_S 
#1 ·
2 challengers on their ranking? (3 but Poitiers points came off last week).

I can't think of many. If she gets the number 1 for example at the Australian Open which is possible she could be No.1 with challenger results on her ranking which I can't imagine has ever happened before.

#17 ·
True, but it is very likely that she will not play anything but Hopman Cup prior to AO. So after losing her 280 pts from Brisbane, 100 pts from ITF Prague will become active, and it may happen that Petra becomes (after AO) no. 1 player with ITF result counting as the 16th tournament. It would be nice! :cool:

#16 ·
There is a Top 10 chapter but that definition of a Top 20 Player is a parenthetical remark on page 56 in chapter III "ENTRIES/WITHDRAWALS/DRAWS/SCHEDULING", section III.C.4.a.I.
The quoted ranking rules are in chapter XIV "WTA RANKING SYSTEM", page 208. If the page 56 subsubsubsubsection definiton with no mention in the table of contents applies 11 chapters and 152 pages later then WTA has really made it hard to follow their rules, but I think you are right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.