Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2003, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 8,950
                     
Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

why doesn't she have a forum/thread of her own? she is one of the highest ranked americans. and she has played well this year. players ranked lower than her get there own ones so why shouldn't lisa?

Go the aussies! stosur!!!
and good luck russians: dementieva, safina, kirilenko, sharapova, kuznetsova, bovina, zvonareva, dushevina.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 78,074
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

volume 1
Meelis is offline  
post #3 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Senior Member
 
GoofyDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Down on the West Coast
Posts: 31,842
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

(1) Hsieh/Peng v Date-Krumm/Zahlavova Strycova
Medina Garrigues/Shvedova v Babos/Jankovic
(wc) Cirstea/Pavlyuchenkova v Rosolska/Soler-Espinosa
(wc) Hingis/Lisicki v (6) Hlavackova/Safarova

(4) Peschke/Srebotnik v Kuznetsova/Stosur
Jurak/Lucic-Baroni v Hantuchova/Parra Santonja
Kalashnikova/Kleybanova v Chuang/Scheepers
Chan/Chan v (5) Black/Mirza

(8) Kops-Jones/Spears v Mladenovic/Pennetta
Huber/Raymond v King/Zheng
(wc) Flipkens/Ivanovic v Husarova/Melzer
(wc) Muguruza/Suarez Navarro v (3) Errani/Vinci

(7) Barty/Dellacqua v Kudryavtseva/Rodionova
Niculescu/Zakopalova v Mattek-Sands/Petrova
Hradecka/Krajicek v Goerges/Groenefeld
Erakovic/Martic v (2) Makarova/Vesnina

Official Guardian and Delphinium of the Forbidden Flower Kingdom

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline  
post #4 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 124,350
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

I sort of like that she's back with Huber At least it's someone familiar and a partner she's had success with in the past
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #5 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Stanning for Andi
 
nevetssllim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,246
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

They lost 76 76 to King/Zheng. They led 5-2 in the first set and served for the second set as well. So disappointing.

Hlavackova Benesova Strycova Williams Schiavone Pironkova Koukalova Shvedova Voskoboeva Riske Raymond Petrova Twitter

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline  
post #6 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 12:21 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 124,350
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

This is very frustrating as Tennis Channel accidentally put that they won 7/6 7/6 on their bottom screen scroll

Hopefully she'll play Charleston to get some extra pts
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #7 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 01:19 PM
Stanning for Andi
 
nevetssllim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,246
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
This is very frustrating as Tennis Channel accidentally put that they won 7/6 7/6 on their bottom screen scroll

Hopefully she'll play Charleston to get some extra pts
I'm sure Lisa will play Charleston because she has points to defend there, and while I'm not a huge fan of Liezel, I hope they stick together. At least they share the same focus, and I think they could still be a force to be reckoned with on grass.

Just annoying they couldn't convert their chances yesterday. They would have faced Kops-Jones/Spears in R2 and it's not like they can blow you off-court. Ah well, onto the next one...

Hlavackova Benesova Strycova Williams Schiavone Pironkova Koukalova Shvedova Voskoboeva Riske Raymond Petrova Twitter

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline  
post #8 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 124,350
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
I'm sure Lisa will play Charleston because she has points to defend there, and while I'm not a huge fan of Liezel, I hope they stick together. At least they share the same focus, and I think they could still be a force to be reckoned with on grass.

Just annoying they couldn't convert their chances yesterday. They would have faced Kops-Jones/Spears in R2 and it's not like they can blow you off-court. Ah well, onto the next one...
Same here, although i do not hate her like most of GM I think it's best at the moment for Lisa to have some familiarity on her end of the court. I feel that once they get their chemistry flowing again that Lisa & Liz could still be slam contenders with the right draw
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #9 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
Stanning for Andi
 
nevetssllim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,246
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Same here, although i do not hate her like most of GM I think it's best at the moment for Lisa to have some familiarity on her end of the court. I feel that once they get their chemistry flowing again that Lisa & Liz could still be slam contenders with the right draw
I have softened to Huber a lot over the past few years. I was never a fan of Black/Huber because they were so po-faced and dour (it clearly worked for them though!) but I think Liezel has lightened up a lot recently, especially since she became a mother. I've also liked Cara much more since the split too.

I was taken aback by how warm the handshake was between Huber and the WS in Beijing last year! I've always thought there was some friction between them.

Hlavackova Benesova Strycova Williams Schiavone Pironkova Koukalova Shvedova Voskoboeva Riske Raymond Petrova Twitter

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline  
post #10 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2014, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
TennisFan75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 900
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

Lisa and Liezel get JJ/Petko in the first round. Who knows what to expect from JJ/Petko, could be a hot mess or brilliant! Hopefully Lisa/Liezel can get a few wins here and get on track for the grass court season.

Jay

Last edited by TennisFan75; Mar 31st, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
TennisFan75 is offline  
post #11 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2014, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 124,350
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
I have softened to Huber a lot over the past few years. I was never a fan of Black/Huber because they were so po-faced and dour (it clearly worked for them though!) but I think Liezel has lightened up a lot recently, especially since she became a mother. I've also liked Cara much more since the split too.

I was taken aback by how warm the handshake was between Huber and the WS in Beijing last year! I've always thought there was some friction between them.
Maybe Liz has mellowed since becoming a mom
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #12 of 248 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2014, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 124,350
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan75 View Post
Lisa and Liezel get JJ/Petko in the first round. Who knows what to expect from JJ/Petko, could be a hot mess or brilliant! Hopefully Lisa/Liezel can get a few wins here and get on track for the grass court season.
Yeah, i really don't know what to expect with the team of Petko and JJ either . Hopefully they can scalp a win and set up a possible 2r match vs Rocky and Abi

Btw, Lisa's ranking fell this week from #31 - #44
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #13 of 248 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2014, 11:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Srodgers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 20,970
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

They lost in the STB

Serena (22) & Venus (7)
Srodgers is offline  
post #14 of 248 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2014, 11:46 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 124,350
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

Lisa Her ranking may fall out of the Top 50 :-/
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #15 of 248 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
TennisFan75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 900
                     
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

sad times Hopefully some momentum soon. This is reminiscent of their 2011 start, maybe they should head to Brussels again this time as that was the first place they won a match. Hopefully it won't take another month without a win.

Jay
TennisFan75 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome