The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2014!!! - Page 120 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1786 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Queen Bethanie wins 7-6 (3), 6-2!! Her serve was great today! She plays doubles later with Jarka, it might be streamed as well.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1787 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Beth just beat Barrois 7/6 6/2 Her serve was on fire today with 9 aces
She hit 10 slut.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
post #1788 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~Baltimore~
Posts: 125,574
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
She hit 10 slut.


Now back to bed
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #1789 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Me too. It's not even 4am yet.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
post #1790 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Srodgers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 21,011
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Beth

Serena (22) & Venus (7)
Srodgers is offline  
post #1791 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

They lost in doubles. I'm leaving that one up to Jarka to explain. Oh well, at least she focus primarily on singles now.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
post #1792 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Due to a string of withdrawls, Bethanie is now in the MD of Doha!! Now she doesn't have to tank so she won't miss Q's. I hope she knows this as well.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
post #1793 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
 
ItaliaStalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,189
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Good 1st rd win Queen!!!!

Sooo happy to hear about the MD at Doha!!!

And I don't really get the Jarka doubles tandem. Not that she is bad, but Beth is soo good, why can't she find a more consistent doubles player, who is not so erratic.
ItaliaStalia is offline  
post #1794 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanStallion View Post
Good 1st rd win Queen!!!!

Sooo happy to hear about the MD at Doha!!!

And I don't really get the Jarka doubles tandem. Not that she is bad, but Beth is soo good, why can't she find a more consistent doubles player, who is not so erratic.
I'm not really sure how it came about either. They're obviously good friends but it started last year when Beth came back shortly for a stint at the US Open and they played doubles together and reached the R3. They also reached the R3 in the Australian Open.

Even though I really love Jarka as a person, she just isn't the kind of doubles partner that is good for Bethanie. She needs someone who is experienced and who can hold them team up if Beth starts to drift away which she occasionally does. I kinda wish Lisa would just dump Liezel and get with Beth.

The MD spot in Doha is HUGE for Beth! Hopefully she can get a good draw and make a decent run. She lost R1 last year so any win is picking up much needed points!

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
post #1795 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Senior Member
 
ItaliaStalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,189
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
I'm not really sure how it came about either. They're obviously good friends but it started last year when Beth came back shortly for a stint at the US Open and they played doubles together and reached the R3. They also reached the R3 in the Australian Open.

Even though I really love Jarka as a person, she just isn't the kind of doubles partner that is good for Bethanie. She needs someone who is experienced and who can hold them team up if Beth starts to drift away which she occasionally does. I kinda wish Lisa would just dump Liezel and get with Beth.

The MD spot in Doha is HUGE for Beth! Hopefully she can get a good draw and make a decent run. She lost R1 last year so any win is picking up much needed points!

Yeah, for sure!!!

Hopefully she makes it far enough to defend some of those pts in Paris from last year, then Doha is just an added bonus.

C'mon Qweeeeen!
ItaliaStalia is offline  
post #1796 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Bethanie once again gets the day started in Paris.

Paris R2: Bethanie vs [7] Roberta Vinci on Center Court at 12pm Paris time.

Last and only time they've played was 2010 Montreal QR2: Beth def. Vinci 6-4, 6-3

Hopefully she'll have an easier time since the courts are faster and much more suited to her game.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
post #1797 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~Baltimore~
Posts: 125,574
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Due to a string of withdrawls, Bethanie is now in the MD of Doha!! Now she doesn't have to tank so she won't miss Q's. I hope she knows this as well.
The Queen is too regal to be playing Q's every week

I like her chances against Vinci on the fast indoor courts of Paris... Queen B FTW
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #1798 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Beth lost 3-6, 6-1, 3-6

She never really played that well even when she was dominating the second set. I'm assuming the hip injury came from yesterday and it didn't bother her as much. She was in tons of pain and looked like she was in tears during a service game. She fought hard to stay in and it's really admirable but she should have retired to not further risk injury. Hopefully it's not anything that's going to take her out of Doha.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
post #1799 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~Baltimore~
Posts: 125,574
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Beth lost 3-6, 6-1, 3-6

She never really played that well even when she was dominating the second set. I'm assuming the hip injury came from yesterday and it didn't bother her as much. She was in tons of pain and looked like she was in tears during a service game. She fought hard to stay in and it's really admirable but she should have retired to not further risk injury. Hopefully it's not anything that's going to take her out of Doha.
It's a shame about the hip. She just can't seem to get injury free Let's hope she'll heal up enough to be fit for Doha. Thank god she's in the MD as this gives her hip a few more days of rest Her hubby better not wear out the hip in the mean time
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #1800 of 2568 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2012, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romina. View Post
BETHANIE'S 2012 BDAY GIFT:

If someone wants to participate on her bday gift just enter to "Bethanie Mattek-Sands Fan Club" on FB. There you will find all the ways you can help

THANK YOU.
Since they've hit every other thread except this one.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome