Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!) - Page 32 - TennisForum.com

 20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #466 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,469
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Well, Alex will travel to Bastad, Switzerland to play with Serena next week. Playing qualies beginning Saturday.
Rex59 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #467 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Senior Member
 
KingOfSwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 299
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
Well, Alex will travel to Bastad, Switzerland to play with Serena next week. Playing qualies beginning Saturday.
serena not in qualies. & Serena takes pvt. jet Basatd. Other one going in hot air balloon

"play with serena"
KingOfSwing is offline  
post #468 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,146
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Alex is not in the qualy draw for Bastad!

OFFICIAL IRISH AMBASSADOR OF DON'T KNOCK THE DOK

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline  
post #469 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,225
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Does anybody care that Alex, who has 17-12 is having her first winning season since 2002?


Compare today's Alex with this version:
http://www.tennislive.net/wta/alexan...venson/?y=2002
tie_breaker is offline  
post #470 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
KingOfSwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 299
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Does anybody care that Alex, who has 17-12 is having her first winning season since 2002?


Compare today's Alex with this version:
http://www.tennislive.net/wta/alexan...venson/?y=2002
399 world rank. 32 acti arrogant to interviews Sacramento to say "I win Wimbkedon'. Treatother players for dirt: other one Drake on Yakima thread tells stevensons making fun of other player on the court during match causing trouble.msees with their own eyes.. Not right. Dont say not alexandra because the mother joins her at the hips and both responsible. Maybe for juniors act so trashy one thing but woman old as stevenson and the mother supposed to be professionals? More ret. again this yr? Also wins these some in 10K events. or just qual rounds for event. 17-12 & still 400 on world something wrong. me? Not impress one bit. Then she ret. on Nicole this wk. won,t give opponent satisfaction to beat her. That was 66th time her career she done that shit. Let her play forever she wants to do it her business nobody elses but they deserve all critics that come and they come the critics. Not good people stevensons imo but jusy my opinion.
KingOfSwing is offline  
post #471 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,225
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Well, I think Lexy firmly believes she can win Wimbledon or else she wouldn't be playing.

Aside from critics off the court, I am sure she's has plenty on the court, so she could be responding to all of that.

I doubt she'll go on the record, while she's still playing, but I have to wonder with her mother being a journalist, whether a book will be released telling the inside story once she's ready to retire.
I doubt that will be any time soon after all she still has to win Wimbledon.





Hibi played in the final of a $50,000 tournament or higher for the first time. Let's face it, though. A favorable draw helped her win the title. Hibi beat:
--Another 17-year-old, Victoria Duval, seeded eighth, in the first round.
--Diminutive qualifier Jessica Lawrence, 19, in the second round.
--Out-of-shape Alexandra Stevenson, 32, in the quarterfinals.
--Unseeded Allie Will, who had won all three of her previous matches in three sets in extreme heat, in the semifinals.
--And the ill Brengle in the final.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #472 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Senior Member
 
KingOfSwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 299
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Well, I think Lexy firmly believes she can win Wimbledon or else she wouldn't be playing.

Aside from critics off the court, I am sure she's has plenty on the court, so she could be responding to all of that.

I doubt she'll go on the record, while she's still playing, but I have to wonder with her mother being a journalist, whether a book will be released telling the inside story once she's ready to retire.
I doubt that will be any time soon after all she still has to win Wimbledon.





Hibi played in the final of a $50,000 tournament or higher for the first time. Let's face it, though. A favorable draw helped her win the title. Hibi beat:
--Another 17-year-old, Victoria Duval, seeded eighth, in the first round.
--Diminutive qualifier Jessica Lawrence, 19, in the second round.
--Out-of-shape Alexandra Stevenson, 32, in the quarterfinals.
--Unseeded Allie Will, who had won all three of her previous matches in three sets in extreme heat, in the semifinals.
--And the ill Brengle in the final.
Don't know how she can believe she win Wimbledon but if she believe great. Believe she can flap the arms fly to the moon too won't make it true. Seem like she can say Hey I gonna try win this $25k then see where I go. Only single she ever ever won ever was small challenger almost 15 years. not even 10k since. never. had nice season 2002 but cant live in that forever. Long time ago. My sad for her is how she treat other player no respect. She see Nicole was gonna beat her past week and retire like to say to Nicole 'you will not get real win on me'. junior player acts better. They gonna write a book Lexy and their motherreally? On what? Years of challenger? How she call great grand slam champion davenport fat? Hingis names calling?

I can't with stevenson. I just can't.

I like Mayo but yes this draw was like cake in her mouth and we know it. Be nice if she gets good as Ayumi one day. Be very nice.
KingOfSwing is offline  
post #473 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,225
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSwing View Post
Don't know how she can believe she win Wimbledon but if she believe great. Believe she can flap the arms fly to the moon too won't make it true. Seem like she can say Hey I gonna try win this $25k then see where I go. Only single she ever ever won ever was small challenger almost 15 years. not even 10k since. never. had nice season 2002 but cant live in that forever. Long time ago. My sad for her is how she treat other player no respect. She see Nicole was gonna beat her past week and retire like to say to Nicole 'you will not get real win on me'. junior player acts better. They gonna write a book Lexy and their motherreally? On what? Years of challenger? How she call great grand slam champion davenport fat? Hingis names calling?

I can't with stevenson. I just can't.

I like Mayo but yes this draw was like cake in her mouth and we know it. Be nice if she gets good as Ayumi one day. Be very nice.
Did you actually see the match against Gibbsy? I didn't catch it anywhere...just heard from Gibbsy's tweet that it wasn't pretty. From a fan's perspective, I don't know if it was worth watching

and I don't think Gibbsy wanted to be on that court longer than she needed to as I don't think winning a match against Lexy, whether it is played out or WD was giving Gibbsy any kind of satisfaction. Maybe this matters if it was the final, but R1...I dunno...if I was a player, I rather take the bye.

Why not give Mayo an easy draw, she's just a junior player...I think those wins will give her confidence and she'll probably turn pro.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #474 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Senior Member
 
coetzergambill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,359
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Stanford:

QR1: (WC)Stevenson vs. Muhammed

surprised lexy got a WC, but too bad they have to play each other in QR1! the better one will win!

AMANDA COETZER FOREVER

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đŕi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammad L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline  
post #475 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
DeucesAreWild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: @ Work!
Posts: 970
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Did you actually see the match against Gibbsy? I didn't catch it anywhere...just heard from Gibbsy's tweet that it wasn't pretty. From a fan's perspective, I don't know if it was worth watching

and I don't think Gibbsy wanted to be on that court longer than she needed to as I don't think winning a match against Lexy, whether it is played out or WD was giving Gibbsy any kind of satisfaction. Maybe this matters if it was the final, but R1...I dunno...if I was a player, I rather take the bye.

Why not give Mayo an easy draw, she's just a junior player...I think those wins will give her confidence and she'll probably turn pro.

I was able to watch the first set and the first two games of the second set. I don't know Gibbs style, but Alexandra had her uncomfortable from the start. She was having trouble with Alexandra's power, but most of all trouble with passing. Alexandra kept rushing the net and Gibbs had some really good looks just poor execution. The scoreline of the of the first set could have been won at love or one, but Alexandra's mobility or lack of kept Gibbs in the games. IMHO, Alexandra's weight and conditioning are her biggest issues. It makes her time on court even when winning so much more difficult than it has to be. Likely contributing to her ankle injury. And I saw no real point that looked to cause the ankle injury and early timeout in the first set she took.
DeucesAreWild is offline  
post #476 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Senior Member
 
DeucesAreWild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: @ Work!
Posts: 970
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coetzergambill View Post
Stanford:

QR1: (WC)Stevenson vs. Muhammed
(WC)Stevenson def. Muhammed 6-3 6-4

QR2: (WC)Stevenson vs (3)Fichman
DeucesAreWild is offline  
post #477 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,146
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Good win for Alex

OFFICIAL IRISH AMBASSADOR OF DON'T KNOCK THE DOK

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline  
post #478 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
 
coetzergambill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,359
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Good score.
Gl in qr2 now. Get the upset!

AMANDA COETZER FOREVER

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đŕi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammad L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline  
post #479 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2013, 01:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Srodgers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 20,974
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Surprising

Serena (22) & Venus (7)
Srodgers is offline  
post #480 of 1387 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2013, 04:33 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
goOudinUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Believe
Posts: 38,764
                     
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Nice win, Lexy!
GL against Fichman!!
goOudinUSA is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome