TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!
View Single Post
post #1027 of (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM
country flag Kylger

Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I though it could have been really smart for Maret Ani to turn into just a doubles player like Lisa Raymond cause she's really good and she might have been able to play with Margit as they make a good team (they beat wickmayer and flipkens in Belgium in Fed Cup) but she decided to quit altogether. I guess the plan is to try and equip Margit as a doubles player and for her and Kaia to fluke an ITF Olympic Wildcard. Apparently, the ITF is making a new initiative that the juniors with the best transitions onto the senior circuit get ITF wildcards (unless of course they are from Russia or anotehr country that has already got 4 players in their team). If this is so, then Anett Kontaveit might get an ITF Wildcard. She has already won 2 futures this year and if she can play a few higher level challengers next year before the olympics (75+h and 100k) and she gets her ranking between 150 and 300, she might fluke a wildcard.
That is more than unlikely. Margit has the same issue that Dinara Safinas has. Margit's back can not take too much pressure. A few matches and then her back usually starts hurting so bad, she has difficulty to move around even.

That's why I'm saying she might play Helsinki 25k with Anett.

Good luck Kaia and Anett in 2014.
Also Wozniacki, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Stosur, Gajdosova and K-Kookie!!
---------
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome