Tennis Forum banner

你好 Beijing

8K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  maturedgirl 
#1 ·
(1) Wozniacki vs Hradecka
Medina Garrigues vs Gajdosova

Kanepi vs Zheng Saisai
Begu vs Lisicki

Kanepi beat Wozniacki in Tokyo and could be a tough 2nd round.

#10 ·
Sabine def Begu 6-2 ret.

Shame that Begu had to retire :sad: Probably against Kaia in R2 :cheer:

#13 ·
well, she didn´t play since NY, so it is normal that she isn´t in great shape now but she definitely has to improve against Kanepi!
Same old problems today anyway, 40% 1st serves in, 6 DFs in one set and only won 39% on her 2nd serve before Begu has to retire, she can´t be satisfied with such stats obviously!

Against Kanepi she has to serve well and be aggressive herself, especially on 2nd serve of Kanepi, Kanepi herself will try to attack 2nd serve from Sabine as well, could be an interesting match!

#14 ·
Same old problems today anyway, 40% 1st serves in, 6 DFs in one set and only won 39% on her 2nd serve

Hope that's just rustiness from not playing competitively since NYC. But it seems to be an ongoing theme. She just HAS to improve her 1st serve %age especially. It worries me that she doesn't seem able to rectify this issue yet.

#32 ·
Me too. It's so unsafe with the food there. Always has been. And this is mandatory, so they force them to be there, risking their health or their careers! I just hope none of the players walks away from this tourney having eaten food containing gluten. Everybody would know where it came from and they'd still get banned. I don't even wanna think about it when it's players I don't like, not to mention Sabine! :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.