Fed Cup 2014 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2014, 08:27 PM
Senior Member
 
louloubelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 4,554
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
RUS team for Fed Cup tie vs AUS—Kan (157), Solovyeva (230), Khromacheva (254), Kudermetova (697). Myskina as team's coach instead of Tarp https://twitter.com/AnnaK_4ever/stat...28101054173184


Australia should win this.
... however I can remember a similar time when Russia put in a 2nd rate team and we somehow found a way to lose in Australia in the 90's

Though I can't see it happening this time. Great for Australia, but not great for the tie itself that a team in the world group puts forth a team like that.

There's more to life than just being happy.
louloubelle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Kəv.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 72,065
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

That team

MANDY MINELLA. PRISCILLA HON

CASEY DELLACQUA. JARMILA WOLFE. SAMANTHA STOSUR
QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. NAO HIBINO
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. NAOMI OSAKA. JULIA GÖRGES.
OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA. NAIKTHA BAINS. KIMBERLY BIRRELL.
KAROLINA PLISKOVA. KIMIKO DATE-KRUMM. DESTANEE AIAVA
Kəv. is online now  
post #18 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 09:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Daniel.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,153
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Thats shocking. Who? Who? Who? and WHO??

So whats the story with all the Russian players dumping Fed Cup completely??

Stosur | Dellacqua | Gajdosova | Tomljanovic | Gavrilova | Rodionova | Barty
Daniel. is offline  
post #19 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,305
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Thats shocking. Who? Who? Who? and WHO??

So whats the story with all the Russian players dumping Fed Cup completely??
For the Fed Cup final, the top players were either injured or wanted to play Sofia for ranking points and $$$. They all" denied " that they had problems with the Federation now it is clear that they do.




Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is online now  
post #20 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8,082
 
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Oh wow, no way. Didn't dare to think we would have such a kind line-up from them again. And this time, not even Panova bothered playing.

TT RANKINGS: 124 (S); 49 (D)
TT TITLES: 2 ITF (S); 3 WTA, 5 ITF (D)

WINNER OF SURVIVOR TF SEASON 4

GAVRILOVA ~ BABOS ~ DELLACQUA ~ TOMIC
Le Vautour is offline  
post #21 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,693
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Myskina may as well play...
GeeTee is offline  
post #22 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,305
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

It is official now: Stosur,Dellacqua,Barty,Sanders https://twitter.com/TennisAustralia/...90004021657600
guichard is online now  
post #23 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Kəv.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 72,065
                     
Storm

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

MANDY MINELLA. PRISCILLA HON

CASEY DELLACQUA. JARMILA WOLFE. SAMANTHA STOSUR
QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. NAO HIBINO
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. NAOMI OSAKA. JULIA GÖRGES.
OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA. NAIKTHA BAINS. KIMBERLY BIRRELL.
KAROLINA PLISKOVA. KIMIKO DATE-KRUMM. DESTANEE AIAVA
Kəv. is online now  
post #24 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:53 PM
Senior Member
 
louloubelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 4,554
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
For the Fed Cup final, the top players were either injured or wanted to play Sofia for ranking points and $$$. They all" denied " that they had problems with the Federation now it is clear that they do.




Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Their top 15 players basically have declined to play so there is obviously an issue there. Admittedly Petrova would not have played anyway. Then after Kan, the most well known are Pervak and Kleybanova who have declined (or weren't asked).

3. Sharapova, Maria
18. Kirilenko, Maria
20. Kuznetsova, Svetlana
22. Makarova, Ekaterina
28. Vesnina, Elena
30. Pavlyuchenkova, Anastasia
103. Petrova, Nadia
124. Dushevina, Vera
130. Panova, Alexandra
133.Sirotkina, Marta
141. Puchkova, Olga
150. Gavrilova, Daria
161. Bychkova, Ekaterina
162. Kudryavtseva, Alla
168. Bratchikova, Nina
174. Pervak, Ksenia
188. Kleybanova, Alisa

There's more to life than just being happy.
louloubelle is offline  
post #25 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2014, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,305
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Their top 15 players basically have declined to play so there is obviously an issue there. Admittedly Petrova would not have played anyway. Then after Kan, the most well known are Pervak and Kleybanova who have declined (or weren't asked).

3. Sharapova, Maria
18. Kirilenko, Maria
20. Kuznetsova, Svetlana
22. Makarova, Ekaterina
28. Vesnina, Elena
30. Pavlyuchenkova, Anastasia
103. Petrova, Nadia
124. Dushevina, Vera
130. Panova, Alexandra
133.Sirotkina, Marta
141. Puchkova, Olga
150. Gavrilova, Daria
161. Bychkova, Ekaterina
162. Kudryavtseva, Alla
168. Bratchikova, Nina
174. Pervak, Ksenia
188. Kleybanova, Alisa
Yup something is going on ....
guichard is online now  
post #26 of 287 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2014, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,305
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Myskina ---google translate http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/40234/

Q:In early February, you will make his debut in the role of captain of the Russian team in the Fed Cup. We already know that in Hobart in the quarterfinals with Australia will play young Victoria Kahn, Valery Soloviev, Irina Khromacheva and Veronica Kudermetova. Why the choice fell on them?

A:- Composition and true youth. Just decided that it was time to pull and run in those who can start playing at the highest level in the near future. Of already proven tennis invitation for this match gave Makarova and Vera Zvonareva, but there are some valid circumstances in which they can not go to Australia.
guichard is online now  
post #27 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2014, 11:52 PM
country flag Dan
Senior Member
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 17,977
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Myskina ---google translate http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/40234/

Q:In early February, you will make his debut in the role of captain of the Russian team in the Fed Cup. We already know that in Hobart in the quarterfinals with Australia will play young Victoria Kahn, Valery Soloviev, Irina Khromacheva and Veronica Kudermetova. Why the choice fell on them?

A:- Composition and true youth. Just decided that it was time to pull and run in those who can start playing at the highest level in the near future. Of already proven tennis invitation for this match gave Makarova and Vera Zvonareva, but there are some valid circumstances in which they can not go to Australia.
Bullshit from captain.

Simona Halep. Sorana Cîrstea,Jelena Janković,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanović,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitová,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Šafářová,Madison Keys,Donna Vekić,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwańska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas,Karolína Plíšková,Carina Witthöft
Best Romanian Music Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhcc...cWyKxtqIDst_z6
Dan is offline  
post #28 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2014, 11:54 PM
country flag Dan
Senior Member
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 17,977
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

I whish all the luck to Australian team, to pass of Rusia.

Simona Halep. Sorana Cîrstea,Jelena Janković,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanović,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitová,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Šafářová,Madison Keys,Donna Vekić,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwańska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas,Karolína Plíšková,Carina Witthöft
Best Romanian Music Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhcc...cWyKxtqIDst_z6
Dan is offline  
post #29 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Territory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern Territory
Posts: 7,913
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

I'm a bit late to this thread... and what's happening with the tie.

Can't believe that line-up for Russia!

My question: is it televised? or streamed on YouTube? What's the deal...

Edit: don't worry... found it... it's on Foxtel! Yes!!!

I am not suited to Forum life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
You are not suited to Forum life.
Territory is online now  
post #30 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Senior Member
 
kakashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,622
                     
Re: Fed Cup 2014

Saturday
R1: Casey Dellacqua (AUS) v Irina Khromacheva (RUS)
R2: Samantha Stosur (AUS) v Veronika Kudermetova (RUS)
Sunday
R3: Samantha Stosur (AUS) v Irina Khromacheva (RUS)
R4: Casey Dellacqua (AUS) v Veronika Kudermetova (RUS)
R5: (AUS) v (RUS)

Read more at http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/168621...pVyQY3MWfk2.99

Lets hope for a clean sweep

ClaySam
kakashi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome