Jarmila Wolfe Cheering Thread! - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
View Poll Results: Jarka in 2011 will be in...
TOP 20 9 39.13%
TOP 50 11 47.83%
TOP 100 3 13.04%
over TOP 100 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #886 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Huntress55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 10,109
                     
Re: Jarmila Gajdosova pictures thread!

Against V.


























sam stosur. maria sharapova. jarmila gajdosova
dellacqua.kvitova.tomljanovic.safarova.
Huntress55 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #887 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
claypova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 26,763
                     
Re: Jarka at Wimbledon!

another 4th round@ usopen and a couple of other good results should see her into top50

Isn't she back on the WTA already?
claypova is offline  
post #888 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Drine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,325
 
Re: News and Articles

Jarmila Groth - 28 June 2010



Q. You must be disappointed today. But your last month has been very satisfying.

JARMILA GROTH: Uhm, yeah. Disappointed, true. I had the chances in the second set. But, yeah, I mean, I made fourth round both Grand Slams, so I should be happy, right?

Q. Did you tighten up or did she loosen up towards the end of the second set?

JARMILA GROTH: Uhm, I mean, she always serves well. I got a good first game when I broke. I should have hold my serve. Play couple loose points on my serve.

My percentage of the first serve went down, as well, so it was not as good as, you know, the first set. So I didn't get any free points or anything.

She's a good enough player to, you know, keep up. So, uhm, but, yeah, she serves so well. I got a chance in the breaker as well again. Ended up hitting double‑fault. So that doesn't help.

Q. Before the game, what did you think you needed to do to be able to beat her?

JARMILA GROTH: I knew I had to hold serves. I've been serving very well the first three rounds. So if I could keep it up, which I did the first set, where I got broken in the last game, just a little bit strange because I still made a lot of first serves. So that was one thing.

And then I knew she was going to serve well. Had to somehow try to make the returns. Hopefully, you know, win a couple points off the ground.

Yeah, and I tried to be aggressive, take the chance when I could, because otherwise she would make me run a lot. It's not easy to play her. She's very tall, she moves well, so it's really hard to get her going. That's what I tried to do.

Q. How close do you think you came to beating her today?

JARMILA GROTH: Well, I lost, so I don't think I was close enough.

But, look, I had still 5‑3, 5‑4, serving for a set twice. Came back in the breaker, you know, taking a couple points now and then. Even the last match point, I still got a short ball in the end. Could have been 6‑All if I didn't miss‑hit the ball.

But, yeah, she's a good player, so she knows how to handle herself, and she did.

Q. How much do you think your game has come along this year to make last 16 on clay and grass?

JARMILA GROTH: I think I improved, you know, pretty good. I think I'm better physically, and in general overall in all my game. But I guess it's good only for the fourth round so far, so...

Q. What do you think of her level of play?

JARMILA GROTH: Well, she gave me a couple of free points, especially the 6‑5 game, when I broke her again. Uhm, I wasn't sure if it's because I put pressure on her that she actually had to hold and she had to make balls. She been down the whole set until then every game almost. So I'm not sure if it's that or if she just played a loose game.

But, you know, she served well. It's hard to return. It's hard to get anything going in. You know you have to keep holding serve. So it's really difficult. She still moves well. I mean, I thought she played good enough to beat me, which I think if she has to step up, she will be able to do that.

Q. What do you need to do to your game to take it to the next level of these other players?

JARMILA GROTH: That's a good question. I'm not sure right now actually.

Uhm, as I just finished, I'll give you answers that are not very nice right now. I need to hold serve. If I play somebody who serves well, especially like Venus does, there's no way I can lose my serve three times in a set where I'm actually winning. I can't get broken that easy, especially serving for the set.

I thought off the ground I played pretty solid. I took a chance when I could. Couple mistakes here and there. But it's grass, again. It's not like you get the same bounce every time.

Uhm, yeah, returns, can't really comment on that because her serve is, you know, different to everybody else's serve. I thought I'd been returning till then pretty well. I've been breaking a lot. You know, it's lots to learn from, I guess, and there's things improve and I will try to watch the match or something and figure out what it is.

Q. What did you think when things were delayed at the beginning? Did you know whether anything was going on?

JARMILA GROTH: I knew Venus was just warming up. It's okay. It's normal. I knew she's just on her way because she waits literally till it's time and then she goes to locker and she gets the stuff.

Q. What did you think when the fans booed her?

JARMILA GROTH: I wasn't sure why actually. I still don't know. No idea actually why.

Q. You can be very hard on yourself sometimes when you do make mistakes. Does that motivate you or does that distract you, do you think?

JARMILA GROTH: Can be both. It depends. I always been hard on myself since I was little no matter what I did. If it came to tennis, I always just decide I don't mind to be beaten, but I hate to lose because of me.

So the points that she plays well, serves well or does, you know, well, that's fine with me. I will give her as much credit as I possibly can. But I hate to lose because I make a silly error and give her the point. That's why I get angry with myself, frustrated with myself, because I just can't stand doing that.

If I want to get better and play with, you know, the better players, bigger girls, try to make it past the fourth round of a Grand Slam, I can't afford to do that. That cost me the second set, minimum.

Q. What are your plans for the next few months?

JARMILA GROTH: Yeah, I'm playing World TeamTennis for next two weeks, so I'm going to States I think end of this week or sometime like that. Then I'm coming back and I play Istanbul Cup, Copenhagen, Montréal and US Open, I believe.

But that can change. I'm not sure if there is something else between Montréal. I'm not really good with tournament schedules and points and rankings, so I have no idea actually.
Drine is offline  
 
post #889 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Huntress55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 10,109
                     
Re: News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drine View Post
Q. How close do you think you came to beating her today?

JARMILA GROTH: Well, I lost, so I don't think I was close enough.


I love her interviews. Obviously she seems a bit disappointed, highlighting what she did wrong. But she knows how good Venus is, and she knows she had chances, and she does also highlight what she did well, so thats positive.

sam stosur. maria sharapova. jarmila gajdosova
dellacqua.kvitova.tomljanovic.safarova.
Huntress55 is offline  
post #890 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,386
                     
Re: News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drine View Post
Jarmila Groth - 28 June 2010



Q. You must be disappointed today. But your last month has been very satisfying.

JARMILA GROTH: Uhm, yeah. Disappointed, true. I had the chances in the second set. But, yeah, I mean, I made fourth round both Grand Slams, so I should be happy, right?

Q. Did you tighten up or did she loosen up towards the end of the second set?

JARMILA GROTH: Uhm, I mean, she always serves well. I got a good first game when I broke. I should have hold my serve. Play couple loose points on my serve.

My percentage of the first serve went down, as well, so it was not as good as, you know, the first set. So I didn't get any free points or anything.

She's a good enough player to, you know, keep up. So, uhm, but, yeah, she serves so well. I got a chance in the breaker as well again. Ended up hitting double‑fault. So that doesn't help.

Q. Before the game, what did you think you needed to do to be able to beat her?

JARMILA GROTH: I knew I had to hold serves. I've been serving very well the first three rounds. So if I could keep it up, which I did the first set, where I got broken in the last game, just a little bit strange because I still made a lot of first serves. So that was one thing.

And then I knew she was going to serve well. Had to somehow try to make the returns. Hopefully, you know, win a couple points off the ground.

Yeah, and I tried to be aggressive, take the chance when I could, because otherwise she would make me run a lot. It's not easy to play her. She's very tall, she moves well, so it's really hard to get her going. That's what I tried to do.

Q. How close do you think you came to beating her today?

JARMILA GROTH: Well, I lost, so I don't think I was close enough.

But, look, I had still 5‑3, 5‑4, serving for a set twice. Came back in the breaker, you know, taking a couple points now and then. Even the last match point, I still got a short ball in the end. Could have been 6‑All if I didn't miss‑hit the ball.

But, yeah, she's a good player, so she knows how to handle herself, and she did.

Q. How much do you think your game has come along this year to make last 16 on clay and grass?

JARMILA GROTH: I think I improved, you know, pretty good. I think I'm better physically, and in general overall in all my game. But I guess it's good only for the fourth round so far, so...

Q. What do you think of her level of play?

JARMILA GROTH: Well, she gave me a couple of free points, especially the 6‑5 game, when I broke her again. Uhm, I wasn't sure if it's because I put pressure on her that she actually had to hold and she had to make balls. She been down the whole set until then every game almost. So I'm not sure if it's that or if she just played a loose game.

But, you know, she served well. It's hard to return. It's hard to get anything going in. You know you have to keep holding serve. So it's really difficult. She still moves well. I mean, I thought she played good enough to beat me, which I think if she has to step up, she will be able to do that.

Q. What do you need to do to your game to take it to the next level of these other players?

JARMILA GROTH: That's a good question. I'm not sure right now actually.

Uhm, as I just finished, I'll give you answers that are not very nice right now. I need to hold serve. If I play somebody who serves well, especially like Venus does, there's no way I can lose my serve three times in a set where I'm actually winning. I can't get broken that easy, especially serving for the set.

I thought off the ground I played pretty solid. I took a chance when I could. Couple mistakes here and there. But it's grass, again. It's not like you get the same bounce every time.

Uhm, yeah, returns, can't really comment on that because her serve is, you know, different to everybody else's serve. I thought I'd been returning till then pretty well. I've been breaking a lot. You know, it's lots to learn from, I guess, and there's things improve and I will try to watch the match or something and figure out what it is.

Q. What did you think when things were delayed at the beginning? Did you know whether anything was going on?

JARMILA GROTH: I knew Venus was just warming up. It's okay. It's normal. I knew she's just on her way because she waits literally till it's time and then she goes to locker and she gets the stuff.

Q. What did you think when the fans booed her?

JARMILA GROTH: I wasn't sure why actually. I still don't know. No idea actually why.

Q. You can be very hard on yourself sometimes when you do make mistakes. Does that motivate you or does that distract you, do you think?

JARMILA GROTH: Can be both. It depends. I always been hard on myself since I was little no matter what I did. If it came to tennis, I always just decide I don't mind to be beaten, but I hate to lose because of me.

So the points that she plays well, serves well or does, you know, well, that's fine with me. I will give her as much credit as I possibly can. But I hate to lose because I make a silly error and give her the point. That's why I get angry with myself, frustrated with myself, because I just can't stand doing that.

If I want to get better and play with, you know, the better players, bigger girls, try to make it past the fourth round of a Grand Slam, I can't afford to do that. That cost me the second set, minimum.

Q. What are your plans for the next few months?

JARMILA GROTH: Yeah, I'm playing World TeamTennis for next two weeks, so I'm going to States I think end of this week or sometime like that. Then I'm coming back and I play Istanbul Cup, Copenhagen, Montréal and US Open, I believe.

But that can change. I'm not sure if there is something else between Montréal. I'm not really good with tournament schedules and points and rankings, so I have no idea actually.
Good to play in Istanbul. The tournament is held where she trains, so it will be good for her. Btw, Turks love her much. They say you can find Jarka in Istanbul traning with all age groups.
Tenisci is offline  
post #891 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2010, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Falling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 169
                     
Re: Jarka at Wimbledon!

great wimbledon for jarmila...
Falling is offline  
post #892 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 431
                     
Re: jarka's videos

Williams-Groth.Wimbledon.2010.4th.incomplete (5 parts)
was added HERE




If someone wants me to thank send me the PM for the receipt of my WMZ purse. It substantially will help me in new uploads of interesting matches

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline  
post #893 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Falling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 169
                     
Re: Schedule

Next tournaments?
Falling is offline  
post #894 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Huntress55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 10,109
                     
Re: Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling View Post
Next tournaments?
She's playing WTT and then Istanbul Cup, Copenhagen, Montréal and US Open, at least thats what she said on Twitter and in her press at Wimbledon.

sam stosur. maria sharapova. jarmila gajdosova
dellacqua.kvitova.tomljanovic.safarova.
Huntress55 is offline  
post #895 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Falling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 169
                     
Re: News and Articles

Jarmila is 76 on the wta ranking..
Falling is offline  
post #896 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Senior Member
 
majcpw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 885
                     
Re: Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
She's playing WTT and then Istanbul Cup, Copenhagen, Montréal and US Open, at least thats what she said on Twitter and in her press at Wimbledon.
I got a chance to see Jarka in downtown DC at a my first WTT match. She looks great in pictures and even better in person! It was a sellout because Jarka was supposed to play Serena, until she hurt her foot and is out for the short WTT season.
majcpw is offline  
post #897 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2010, 04:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Huntress55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 10,109
                     
Re: Schedule

I know its just WTT, but Jarka just won against Masha () 5-0

sam stosur. maria sharapova. jarmila gajdosova
dellacqua.kvitova.tomljanovic.safarova.
Huntress55 is offline  
post #898 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2010, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,474
                     
Re: Schedule

That's a nice result for Jarka. Of course real tennis is about finishing well, whereas in WTT a good start is all you need, but it's still nice. I don't doubt that in a real match Masha would start fighting back though.
HowardH is offline  
post #899 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2010, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: İstanbul
Posts: 5,751
                     
Re: Schedule

She is given a main draw WC for Istanbul Cup!
Q-Jo is offline  
post #900 of 3944 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 02:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Huntress55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 10,109
                     
Re: Schedule

Yay, make good use of it Jarka

sam stosur. maria sharapova. jarmila gajdosova
dellacqua.kvitova.tomljanovic.safarova.
Huntress55 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome