Ashleigh Barty - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
 19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #886 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,409
                     
Congrats ash & cassey. Good for them, they will be able to enter most tournament.


Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #887 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
binky-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,813
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

What did I miss GS final


I wonder what she's playing next. Annoying ranking at 175, just out of QD at WTAs.
binky-GOAT is offline  
post #888 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,409
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
What did I miss GS final


I wonder what she's playing next. Annoying ranking at 175, just out of QD at WTAs.
She is schedule to play Kuala Lumpur, hopefully she won't withdraw.


Full match

guichard is online now  
post #889 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Multiform
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,492
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
What did I miss GS final


I wonder what she's playing next. Annoying ranking at 175, just out of QD at WTAs.
Fed Cup next.

She's also the 3rd Alt to get into the MD of the BMW Malaysian Open.
JarkaFish is offline  
post #890 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Kəv.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 70,285
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

is KL that weak?

MANDY MINELLA. PRISCILLA HON

CASEY DELLACQUA. JARMILA WOLFE. SAMANTHA STOSUR
QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. NAO HIBINO
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. NAOMI OSAKA. JULIA GÖRGES.
OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA. NAIKTHA BAINS. KIMBERLY BIRRELL.
KAROLINA PLISKOVA. KIMIKO DATE-KRUMM. DESTANEE AIAVA

Last edited by Kəv.; Jan 31st, 2013 at 02:08 AM.
Kəv. is online now  
post #891 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:30 AM
Senior Member
 
binky-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,813
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
She is schedule to play Kuala Lumpur, hopefully she won't withdraw.


Full match

Thanks

Those points at 46:03, 58:22 and 1:05:10
binky-GOAT is offline  
post #892 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,409
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
is KL that weak?
Yes
guichard is online now  
post #893 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:07 AM
Multiform
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,492
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
is KL that weak?
Yes, Donna Vekic is a seeded player there.

Although Vultureniacki is there trying to vulture a title.
JarkaFish is offline  
post #894 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:46 AM
Senior Member
 
binky-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,813
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

So is she in QD for KL already?
binky-GOAT is offline  
post #895 of 3023 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,409
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
So is she in QD for KL already?
Yes but the qualifying entry list will be out next week. I think she will get in the main draw directly.
guichard is online now  
post #896 of 3023 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
paulmara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,151
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

paulmara is offline  
post #897 of 3023 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Ashley's my new favourite aussie tennis girl! so stoked to see how she went over the summer. let's hope for a big year from her
cmarshall is offline  
post #898 of 3023 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Senior Member
 
binky-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,813
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

They went down in the doubles 0-6 6-7. Played horrible 1st set but 2nd set was very tight.


She seems to have improved her backhand, she hit some great shots from that wing, flat and hard. I think it's due to her footwork. She is quite light on her feet and likes to jump during her shots, but in order to hit good solid 2-handed backhands you really need a solid foundation, which she did well at this match.


Also not sure if I mentioned this here before, but even though she's great at doubles she plays only about 50% of her potential and it doesn't quite suit her. Players like Casey are suited to doubles because of her lefty serve, volleys and lobs. But Ash likes to dictate points from the baseline and with the opponent at the net that is very hard to do in doubles. Also she seems to serve slower in doubles, maybe concentrating on getting the 1st serve in for Casey to put away at the net.

Must be frustrating relying on your opponent not to make mistakes too.

I expect her to drop doubles and concentrate on singles when she's near the top.
binky-GOAT is offline  
post #899 of 3023 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Territory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern Territory
Posts: 7,445
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
... even though she's great at doubles she plays only about 50% of her potential and it doesn't quite suit her. Players like Casey are suited to doubles because of her lefty serve, volleys and lobs. But Ash likes to dictate points from the baseline and with the opponent at the net that is very hard to do in doubles. Also she seems to serve slower in doubles, maybe concentrating on getting the 1st serve in for Casey to put away at the net.

Must be frustrating relying on your opponent not to make mistakes too.

I expect her to drop doubles and concentrate on singles when she's near the top.
I don't know what orifice you pull these analyses from

There are all types of doubles players. There is no mould. Look at the current #1 pairing of Errani/Vinci and the other dominant team of the Williams sisters. None of them are stereotypical doubles players. Ash's game fits in perfectly with elite doubles, as clearly demonstrated by her fantastic achievements to date.

Personally, I'd love to see her play a full year with Casey and try to reach the end of year championships. That would be an awesome achievement! And there's no reason why she can't be great in both singles and doubles - the doubles top 10 is full of women who are doing great in singles atm: Vinci/Errani, Hlavackova, Hradecka, Petrova, Kirilenko, Vesnina and Makarova.

I am not suited to Forum life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
You are not suited to Forum life.
Territory is offline  
post #900 of 3023 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Senior Member
 
binky-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,813
                     
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
I don't know what orifice you pull these analyses from

There are all types of doubles players. There is no mould. Look at the current #1 pairing of Errani/Vinci and the other dominant team of the Williams sisters. None of them are stereotypical doubles players. Ash's game fits in perfectly with elite doubles, as clearly demonstrated by her fantastic achievements to date.

Personally, I'd love to see her play a full year with Casey and try to reach the end of year championships. That would be an awesome achievement! And there's no reason why she can't be great in both singles and doubles - the doubles top 10 is full of women who are doing great in singles atm: Vinci/Errani, Hlavackova, Hradecka, Petrova, Kirilenko, Vesnina and Makarova.

I already said she's great at doubles. But it limits her and she can't play at full potential, which must be frustrating.

Errani/Vinci are aging and getting the most out of the time they have. William sisters are too powerful on service and just taking titles easily, also they are sisters so easy for them to play doubles.

But once Ash starts concentrating on winning big singles titles, she has to have a good schedule, so must limit playing doubles as much as possible.


Right now she should play it as much as she can, but limit it in the future.
binky-GOAT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome