Tennis Forum banner

TCG: Feedback & Suggestions

21K views 439 replies 39 participants last post by  Mary Cherry. 
#1 ·

Feedback & Suggestions

A couple of users have posted their ideas on how to improve/change TCG :) Some of these ideas have been really good, and I'm always open to suggestions if it will help improve the game.

So if you have any questions, ideas or feedback you would like to give, please post it in this thread :)

See less See more
#241 ·
So... may be best to prohibit the exchange of cards, used in the collection?

#248 ·
This ;) I also wanted to write about it ;)

#250 ·
20% surface bonus cards

so one pack is 500pts, means 125pts/card. Basically you have to earn at least average 125pts extra with each card to make "profit".

A Premier-700 tournament win is 470pts, 20% extra is +94pt, 50% extra is +235pts.
PM and P5 win is 900-1000pts, 20% extra is +180-200pts. But speaking from past years experience, I would use 50% cards at big tournaments, because 50% extra is much better, 450-500pts.

so that means, you will use your 20% cards on small Premiers or MMs. But thats just damage control (earning something back that you already spend), because even if you had winners of a Premier-700 tournament, and you did that with four 20% cards (unlikely), even thats only 4x94pts=384pts, not even a full pack of bonus cards.

right now, using SB cards at slams or big premiers is good. But small premiers or MM are not so worthy, only if you have too many and you cant do anything else with them.

#251 ·
It's up to people how they want to use their surface bonuses, if they even want to buy them at all. Every time you buy a pack you take a risk, because you don't know what cards you're getting.

If the cards were too cheap (which most were last year) then people would buy and use them too often so the bonus wouldn't matter at all. It just creates a bigger gap between players just starting out and the ones with 100+ cards in their squads.

#253 ·
I have two suggestions!

1) In addition to our 5 normal picks each week, we should be able to make two more ITF picks. This would encourage more people to buy lower ranked cards.

2) You should also add a mystery ITF pack that is fairly cheap (maybe half the price of the ITF pack where you get to choose). You then get three random players ranked between 50-150.

It would add some diversity to the squads and encourage people to participate in the first suggestion. ;)

#258 ·
People can use ITF picks as part of their 5 every week if they're willing to take the risk :oh: I think having 7 picks a week would be too much of an advantage to the top ranked players who can afford lots of ITF packs.

got a suggestion...in grand slams, maybe we can add at least one player from the qualifying draw :p
In theory you can do that already :lol:

I would find it cool, if we had a thread, where all In-Form cards used in the last year where posted. :) Many of them have already been lost this year. :p
Do you mean a list of who won the in-form cards or just a list of all the cards that were made? If so, I'm considering making a checklist of a catalogue of all the cards that are/have been available but not for a while yet. It's pretty busy now with the Australian Open coming now.

#266 ·
... :ras:
I suspect your randomizing method is that all surface card has the same chance to be drawn. My objection, the number of tournaments are different on every surface.
There is 6 times (25 vs 4) more hardcourt tournament than grass, so the hardcourt cards should get 6 times bigger chance too.

#274 ·
1) Would it be possible to have a 'cup' competition? Basically, you'd play the game as per usual and you would be drawn against another player for week 'x', and then whoever gets the most points goes through to the next round in week 'y'.

2) Possibly limiting picks to one version of any given player for any given gameweek. Personally I think part of the joy is putting together a squad and picking a team, which is sorta defeated when you're up against 5 lots of Kvitova x 100%.

3) Bonus points/prizes for flattery of the game-operating staff.

#275 ·
Like the fantasy football game you mean? :oh: That could be a good idea for the US Open Series, and the winner gets the in form card of the US Open Series winner.

And picking 5 of the same player also comes with its risks, imagine if that player had an off-day and went out in R1? They'd be left with nothing :oh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.