Tennis Forum banner

Game organizers: Introduce your game!

55K views 188 replies 97 participants last post by  Lord Sneeze 
#1 ·
There are more and more games on WTAWorld these days.
For a newbie, this might be very confusing or even daunting. And it's also lots of work to go through all the forums to find that game that you like best.
That's why I think we should have a thread where posters can find brief synopses of all the games. :)
If you like the idea, just put your introducation in this thread, and I will put them all into one post according to the order in the Games forum. :)

This post has been deleted
#107 ·
The Fantasy US Open starts on Monday 27 August 2012 at 17:00 hours CET.

You can choose 25 tennis players (men and women) from 7 different groups of which you think are going to win the most points in the US Open.

The game will cost 5.00 euro per team and will start with a guaranteed amount of prizes of 500.00 euro. The first prize will be 125.00 euro (11 GC prizes) and the best sub leagues can win 20.00 euro (15, 5 euro).

Have fun,

:)

#109 ·
We created a Head to Head for the WTA Championships which starts Tuesday at 16.00 hours with the match between Agnieszka Radwanska and Petra Kvitova.

2 euro per team and we start with 40 euro in the prize pool.

Have fun!!

23-10 16:00 Kvitova, Petra - Radwanska, Agnieszka
23-10 17:30 Kerber, Angelique - Williams, Serena
23-10 19:00 Errani, Sara - Sharapova, Maria
24-10 16:00 Azarenka, Victoria - Kerber, Angelique
24-10 16:00 Li, Na - Williams, Serena
24-10 16:00 Azarenka, Victoria - Li, Na
24-10 16:00 Azarenka, Victoria - Williams, Serena
24-10 16:00 Kerber, Angelique - Li, Na
24-10 16:00 Errani, Sara - Kvitova, Petra
24-10 16:00 Radwanska, Agnieszka - Sharapova, Maria
24-10 16:00 Errani, Sara - Radwanska, Agnieszka
24-10 16:00 Kvitova, Petra - Sharapova, Maria

Game rules

Predict for every Head to head which sportsman will the best of the 2 sportsmen. 10 points per good prediction.
The result of a duel will be set to 0 points when one of the sportsmen do not start at the match, or when both sportsmen are not taken up in the final result of the match.
For every head to head there is a possibility to use jokers. Zweeler decides up front which duels will get a Joker and how many jokers can be placed. The jokers double the points of a correct prediction.
When you use the Insurance (I) on a match you can win 7 points when your prediction is correct and 3 points when your prediction is wrong. When using an insurance you can't put a joker on this match.

#110 ·
The Fantasy WTA Tennis Year Game starts on Friday 28 December 2012 at 2:00 hours CET.

You have a budget of 215 million euro to buy 20 tennis players of which you think are going to win the most points in the Fantasy WTA Tennis Year Game.

You can win points with your own team based upon the achievements of your tennis players in all tennis tournaments which count for this game. You can score points per round. An example: When you have chosen Serena Williams in your team and she is eliminated in the semi finals of the Australian Open (a Grand Slam), you will score the following points (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9 = 30). When she wins the tournament she will receive (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 15, 15 = 60).

The game will cost 7.00 euro per team and will start with a guaranteed amount of prizes of 500.00 euro.

The first prize will be 100.00 euro (13 GC prizes) and finally you can win with your friends, colleagues and family 30.00 euro in the sub league classification (20, 10 euro).

Have fun!

:)

#114 ·
Hey guys,

I've had an idea for a new game with an interesting concept!
Was wondering where I could post the entire format of the game, the goal and the rules.
If someone could let me know, that would be great :)

Thank you!

P.S. Who is responsible for confirming games? Maybe I could just sent a direct message to that user. Thanks :)

#120 ·
PYS (pick your skills)

Rules: You order 100 points into 13 different categories ( Forehand, Backhand, Serve, Volley, Drop Shot, Lob, Overhead, Topspin, Flat, Slice, Confidence, Surface and Tiebreak
Pick a player within the top 100 for the past 10 years (or any notable ones that never made it)

Example:
Serena: 5, 10, 15, 5, 0 , 10 , 10* , 5, 10 *,5, 10, 10, 5
Azarenka: 10, 0, 0 , 0 20, 10*, 10,0 , 0, 10 , 10 ,10, 20
If a tie it goes to a coin flip
So in this example: Serena wins 6-3

3 -4 Tournaments a month
Every time A player wins a tournament they get an extra 1-5 points depending on the quality of the tournament

Anyone want to play/ improve the game :)

#125 ·
I've just come up with idea of special ranking with all games. Points from all games would be added in one ranking. I think it would be a great thing but needs some improvements. What's your opinions?

#127 ·
and is it wrong? :confused: There could be rankings for each game and one combined for all singles and one for all doubles for example and who doesn't want to be high in combined ranking doesn't need to play more games. It's only idea, if you don't like it ok :)

#129 ·
Hi,

I'm the author of Top Tennis Brain Quiz and Trivia iOS Universal app.

Description:
Do you know tennis? Are you a Top Tennis Brain?
Prove everyone your skills by answering this quiz!
Compare your tennis knowledge with other tennis brains.

You can check the game, below are 10 Promo Codes :

F96FA6PR3M3W
3YYA9WPYJN7X
EAFXK66PPFWM
6NM97WF64EJH
F7WWFJ44JY7W
6KF7R9JAX79Y
7WM7J47HJ94Y
7FAMNENAJY6A
6YHMAX44L3M6
7E3EW96YFRPY

More info & screenshots :
http://topquizbrain.com

game link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/top-...6475?ls=1&mt=8

#132 ·
Im not sure if a game like this exists but just fantasy tennis?

Depending on the tournament size you pick different # of people

like for a 16 person draw you can only pick 4 players
2 of the 4 can be in the top 4 seeds
2 Have to be unseeded

32 you can pick 4
2 of the 4 can be the top 4 seeds
1 of the 4 can be seeds 5-8
1 has to be unseeded

64 or 128 draws
pick 8 players
5 players can be seeds 1-16
2 can be 17-32
1 has to be unseeded

obviously if you only pick 4 players from 1-16, then 1 additional can be 17-32 or unseeded

you get double points for your unseeded player

i'm not sure if the game exists and if people would play it?

#133 ·
I like the idea of setting up a fantsy tennis team type game.

Basic idea could be each players is able to have a pool of 15 players.
Pot 1 - Top 10
Pot 2 - Top 30
Pot 3 - Top 50
Pot 4 - Top 70
All the way to 300 at pot 15

For each pot; 3 players are randomly drawn. You can then choose 1 of those players to be in your player pool
Each players gets 1 redraw on the pool, used at anytime during the year.

Every week you must choose which players you would like to be part of your team. 5 players, no player can be chosen 2 weeks in a row. Except for a Grandslam where every player in the pool scores.
A captain must be chosen for double points.

If people are interested i will nut out points etc. It would likely be values on set scores with a bonus for a win/tournament win. Minuses for lost sets and retirements.

Would make it pretty straight forward. Wouldn't want to put too much complexity into it.

Let me know what you think.

#136 ·
Tippin' Easy

The players will be placed in a knock-out system. Every player will send 3 picks per day, please see * at the bottom of this paragraph,of the players that he or she thinks that will win with their scores. The players with the best picks and scores will reach the next round. The points given will be based on the points of the respective tournament. Is something like Tennis Tipping but easier.

* In the semi-finals- 2 picks
In the final- 1 pick

How to determine the winner:

1.) Good picks
2.) Set ratios (The players will send the exact scores, not only set ratios)
3.) Set 1 (The player with the nearer score to the real one, win)
4.) Set 2
a.) Set 3, if applicable

If after this, the players are tied they will send for the next round. The winner of this match will face with the same scores the player that was supposed to face that round.

In case of a tie in the final, the two players will send their picks for the first round of the next week tournament. The tournament will be the same for both.

The amount of players that will play will be the same of the respective tournament, except for the Slams, that will have a 64S/ 32Q draws.

Any questions PM me! I hope you liked it! I will need some help for managing but we talk about that after this game is approved, if it is.

#137 ·
Tennis elbow Fantasy tour!

Hey guys:

I was just playing Tennis Elbow 2013 and I had Idea:

What if we had a tennis elbow 2013 tour game, since you can create players and then simulate matches against each other, it might be fun to create a "tour" and have our players play/simulate against each other

How it would work:
Each player would start with the 1000 points to delegate to all the different stats. Then every time you win a tournament/reach the finals, you get points to add onto your players. I would create the players and put it into the computer (With the delegated stats) , put it on Incredible 10 and have them play against each other and report the stats (with a screen grab of the score)

would anyone be interested? It's just an idea ! :)

let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.