Tennis Forum banner

Justine unsporting

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Halardfan 
#1 ·
Never has a players actions made me as mad exept for Martina Hingis. She held her hand up and asked serena to wait when serena asked if she gets first serve. justine didnt even say yes i wasnt ready.

HOPE SHE LOSES

#6 ·
It bothered me too... I thought and wanted Justine to win... but it is unsporting... I was suprised she didn't come forward and say anything.... On the other hand in a tight situation with nerves you may not realize you've actually done something like that, until someone tells you about it later.

#7 ·
OMG! DO YOU PEOPLE THINK? Think about it, please calmly think about it. SERENA ADMITTED to having seen her hand go up and consiously chose to serve anyways hoping she would get the serve in and win an easy point DESPITE knowing that her opponent was not ready. THAT IS CHEATING BY SERENA!!! Then Serena has the NERVE to ask for her first serve again since her plan failed and JUJU is supposed to say oh sure SERENA please take another first serve even though you admit that you went ahead and served knowing I was not ready.

I play tennis and believe me, there is NOTHING MORE IRRITATING that a server who does not wait until you are ready or who serves before all doubles players are in the position. THE RULE STATES THAT SERVER MUST, yes MUST wait until the returner is ready. Serena chose not to do that and paid the price. Serena chose not to shake hands and yet you people are saying you have lost respect for JUSTINE!!!!

Unbelievable!!

#8 ·
justine lost my respect when she accused lindsay of faking injuries. I guess you forgot about that huh?

Reactions: melanielively
#9 ·
treufreund you may have a point about her choosing to serve after she knew Justine wasn't ready... but it did look like she kind of half went through the motion as if it was to late to stop the motion.

OTOH I didn't see the umpire ask Justine if she indeed tried to stop the serve... all I saw is Justine simply not offer the information up... and as I said before... she may not have even realized she did it...

BTW... the doubles example you mention is irritating... last night with my team... we actually had an opponent serving before his partner was even ready... not to mention me or my partner... that was maddening...

Well... in any event... it's sport... and that one thing should not have turned the match around... not with a champion like Serena anyway... I'm glad she aknowleged that in her news conference.

as for the other match Nadia can blame the let cord for the first set loss... but hey... let's face it let cords happen in EVERY SINGLE MATCH WE ALL PLAY... and IT IS NOT THE END OF THE MATCH....

#11 ·
I did not forget about the LINDSAY incident. I just happen to believe that Lindsay was exaggerating her injury at the time. but it was not one of juju's better moments just like Serena's actions after the match today. Sometimes players are angry and say or do things that are not quite right. Life goes on.

I have calmed down a lot and am not so mad at Serena. It is definitely true that Serena was not treated well by the crowd but there were some also who were rude to Juju. I know a little about rude fans considering what they put hingis through even 2 years after the incident in 1999.

#12 ·
I agree i´ll become an Anti Henin Fan from now on.

Not because She beat Serena, because we have to admit Justine is playing great tennis.

But her cheating during that (serve) point was awful, she showed lack of sportsmanship i really hope she loses to Kim saturday.

Also the comment "that´s tennis" refeering on what the crowd did was more that ridiculous, that´s not tennis, and i hope one day she lives what Serena had to go throught today.

Being against an oponnent who was playing well in an important Grand Slam match in front of a booing crowd who applauded loud faults and mistakes, that´s a horrible experience to watch.

#14 ·
and that ALLEZ yelled by Henin after Serena completely missed a shot. It wasn`t an important point, and even a big rally ( just 4 shots ) .

I noticed the same when Schnyder hit the ball with racquet frame .

just pathetic :rolleyes:

#15 ·
The crowd behaved terribly, and Serena deserves great credit for battling on against the overwhleming tide ranged against her...it would be a hard heart that didn't feel for her when it was occuring.

But pouring venom on Justine helps nothing...she did nothing wrong...direct it and the crowd and you have my support, but leave Justine alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.