Tennis Forum banner

Australian Money Tournament Circuit

166K views 2K replies 72 participants last post by  Territory 
#1 ·
For the past 2 years, Tennis Australia has gone to great lengths to increase the top level competition for aspiring professional tennis players. The step from promising junior to top senior has been made much harder by our isolation and lack of playing opportunities. The Australian Money Tournament Circuit is now in its third year, and has seen the likes of Jarmila Gajdosova, Emily Hewson, Lisa D'Amelio, Mirielle Dittman, Adriana Szili, Karolina Wlodarczak, Daniella Dominikovic, Shannon Golds, Isabella Holland, Shayna McDowell, Holly Cao, Tyra Calderwood and for our Kiwi neighbours, Sacha Jones and Shona Lee, participate.

The first tournament of the 2007 season is the $A15 000 Gosford AMT. A large number of players are vying for championship honours including Lisa D'Ameilo, Tyra Calderwood, Olivia Rogowska, Lara Picone and Michelle Brycki. The preliminary rounds have been completed, and Round 3 action kicks off at 9:30am local time. Doubles is also scheduled to commence later this afternoon. The semi finals and final are scheduled for tomorrow.

Good luck to:
(2) Tyra Calderwood
(5) Olivia Rogowska
(10) Michelle Brycki
Lara Picone

See less See more
#640 ·
People are underestmating how good Karis is ;) At the Sydney Platinum she was very impressive, I was very surprised :) Ellen is better of course :) I am still surprised Nives keeps racking up these wins over Azra :lol:

As for Sally, well it's all in the head but not just in terms of mental strength: motivation, discipline, want to train and improve... Unlike many other players who have blips and then come back, I don't think it will happen with Sally :sobbing: Last time I saw her play she looked like a ghost who was just hitting tennis balls because she had nothing better to do :( Although Karis is a worse player, she is 100% the opposite :(

#646 ·
Hsieh Su-Wei is going to play an AMT next week :eek:

Ballarat Open (GOLD) Main Draw List

Maindraw 1 TPESu Wei Hsieh 1
Maindraw 2 AUSViktorija Rajicic 2
Maindraw 3 AUSNives Baric 3
Maindraw 4 AUSStefani Stojic 4
Maindraw 5 AUSZoe Hives 5
Maindraw 6 AUSSasha Alexandra Bollweg 6
Maindraw 7 AUSMonika Rajicic 7
Maindraw 8 AUSJaide Collins 8
Maindraw 9 AUSRomy Stephens
Maindraw 10 AUSTayla Stenta
Maindraw 11 AUSKaterina Valos
Maindraw 12 AUSMelissa Esguerra
Maindraw 13 AUSDanielle Mcintyre
Maindraw 14 AUSNoelleda Ah San
Maindraw 15 AUSEliza Long
Maindraw 16 AUSMegan Kauffman

North Shore Open Main Draw

(1)Nicole Hoynaski v BYE
Q v (WC)Danielle Wagland
Q v (WC)Julia Kharitonova
(6)Ashley Keir v BYE

(4)Pamela Boyanov v BYE
Q v Stephanie Yamada
Q v Rebecca Bran
(5)Tyra Calderwood v BYE

(7)Deeon Mladin v BYE
Q v (WC)Linda Huang
Q v Melissa Anderson
(3)Abbie Myers v BYE

(8)Martina Hudaly v BYE
Q v (WC)Sonja Balic
Q v Joanne Karaitiana
(2)Julia Moriarty v BYE

So Abbie is coming home from HK and not playing the other 25s at the start of 2014

#647 ·
Ballarat Open Main Draw

(1)Su-Wei Hsieh v BYE
Q v Melissa Esguerra
Noelleda Ah San v Q
(7)Monika Rajicic v BYE

(3)Nives Baric v BYE
Danielle McIntyre v Q
Q v Eliza Long
(5)Zoe Hives v BYE

(8)Jaide Collins v BYE
Tayla Stenta v Q
Romy Stephens v Q
(4)Stefani Stojic v BYE

(6)Sasha Bollweg v BYE
Megan Kauffman v Q
Katerina Valos v Q
(2)Viktorija Rajicic v BYE

--

some of these players who don't even have WTA rank will be facing a top 100 player :eek:

#651 ·
I don't get how going to play an AMT which is actually at a lower level than a $10K will boost her confidence, its more like it will damage her confidence that she realises that shes just stooped so low. It will be even worse if say she is taken to 3 sets by an unranked or loses or something.

#652 ·
Kev I don't know why you're so disturbed by high ranked players playing AMTs :lol: You were the same with Zlochova. Okay, Hsieh is taking high-ranked-players-in-AMTs to another level, but really I don't think there's any cause for concern or criticism. Obviously, Hsieh is in the vicinity and not doing anything else (as was the case with Zlochova) so why the hell not enter a little comp, earn a few bucks, play a few talented youngsters and feel good about giving a little tournament and tennis in a small city a boost? I think it's great that she's playing this :)

#657 ·
I think Hsieh is coached by Paul McNamee... so I would guess this is local to their pre-summer training base and she will work on a few things.

No one has a problem with it but i agree it is quite surprising.

Good experience for the young Aussies to play against her and learn what they are up against in the big picture of tennis.

#658 ·
I think Hsieh is coached by Paul McNamee... so I would guess this is local to their pre-summer training base and she will work on a few things.

No one has a problem with it but i agree it is quite surprising.

Good experience for the young Aussies to play against her and learn what they are up against in the big picture of tennis.
Yes, she's worked with Paul in the past, so I would expect she's taking the opportunity to practice a few things.

It is the month of exos, its not uncommon for tour or ITF players seeking some match play. I do laugh that many players complain that they are so tired and the season is so short, but travelling around the world playing tournies/exo matches for no points. The two main complainers, Serena Williams and Rafa Nadal have both been raking in the cash playing exos recently. Though I'm sure Hsieh isn't getting appearance money :lol:

#663 ·
Ballarat Open First Round

(1)Su-Wei Hsieh v BYE
Melissa Esguerra d. (Q)Nicole Mullen 62 62
Noelleda Ah San d. (Q)Bianca Duff 61 62
(7)Monika Rajicic v BYE

(3)Nives Baric v BYE
Danielle McIntyre d. (Q)Peta Valos 63 63
(Q)Jayde Viccars d. (Q)Cassandra Moraleja 63 60
(9)Romy Stephens v BYE

(8)Jaide Collins v BYE
Tayla Stenta d. (Q)Hope Curtis-McDonald 57 76(6) 62
(Q)Jessica Brzozowska d. (LL)Sophie Torcello 75 63
(5)Zoe Hives v BYE

(6)Sasha Bollweg v BYE
(Q)Rani Goodland d. Megan Kauffman 63 64
Katerina Valos d. (LL)Darcee Kelly 61 60
(2)Viktorija Rajicic v BYE

Second Round

(1)Su-Wei Hsieh d. Melissa Esguerra 63 62
(7)Monika Rajicic d. Noelleda Ah San 76(4) 61
(3)Nives Baric d. Danielle McIntyre 46 61 63
(Q)Jayde Viccars d. (9)Romy Stephens 64 46 62

Tayla Stenta d. (8)Jaide Collins 63 75
(5)Zoe Hives d. (Q)Jessica Brzozowska 62 63
(6)Sasha Bollweg d. (Q)Rani Goodland 64 62
(2)Viktorija Rajicic d. Katerina Valos 62 62

-------------------------------------------

North Shore Open First Round

(Q)Lucie Kriegsmannova v BYE
(WC)Danielle Wagland d. (Q)Monique Belovukovic 36 60 64
(Q)Maria Vais d. (WC)Julia Kharitonova 62 60
(6)Ashley Keir v BYE

(4)Pamela Boyanov v BYE
Stephanie Yamada d. (LL)Alisa Jeregui 64 62
(Q)Maddie Antoun d. Rebecca Bran 61 64
(5)Tyra Calderwood v BYE

(7)Deeon Mladin v BYE
(WC)Linda Huang d. (Q)Sharyn Stanich 63 63
Melissa Anderson d. (LL)Rebecca Jones 64 06 75
(3)Abbie Myers v BYE

(8)Martina Hudaly v BYE
(WC)Sonja Balic d. (Q)Anne-Marie Medcalf 76 64
Joanne Karaitiana d. (Q)Jessica Engels 76 46 64
(2)Julia Moriarty v BYE

Second Round

(Q)Lucie Kriegsmannova d. (WC)Danielle Wagland 63 62
(6)Ashley Keir d. (Q)Maria Vais 63 76
(4)Pamela Boyanov d. Stephanie Yamada 63 62
(5)Tyra Calderwood d. (Q)Maddie Antoun 61 64

(7)Deeon Mladin d. (WC)Linda Huang 64 63
(3)Abbie Myers d. Melissa Anderson 63 62
(WC)Sonja Balic d. (8)Martina Hudaly 63 61
(2)Julia Moriarty d. Joanne Karaitiana 76 63

#665 ·
Su-Wei Hsieh dropped 5 games. :help: Melissa Esguerra must have played well :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.