Tennis Forum banner

Magda Linette

254K views 2K replies 110 participants last post by  Varak 
#1 ·
In my opinion she's the most talented player out of all our girls born in 1992. She's now in semis of a very strong 10k in Turkey and during past 2 weeks she's beaten some very good players including former WTA #83 Beygelzimer :)

#401 ·
Magda is playing in Zlin ($50,000) this week, she is seeded 5.
First round against Siegemund, second against Wienerova or L.Kichenok; in doubles she plays with Basia Sobaszkiewicz against Krunic/Pervak... I think it would be very positive if she manages to win some matches here, in both singles and doubles.

#423 ·
Marta was playing on a completly other level, but that's not her thread :p

You guys most have forgotten, that most of her matches she won last year, were on 25k Level and not higher :shrug:
Just because she won some of these tournaments it doesn't mean she is that good...:shrug:

What's her best win so far in her season? :)

#425 ·
Magda won only $25,000 tournaments, but she played well against top 100 player too: Voracova, Zahlavova (she had 3 match points against her), Govortsova, McHale, always very close matches, and that's very positive.
She nearly double-bagled Anne Kremer during the Fed Cup in February (6-1 6-1), and even if Kremer is old, and overranked, and what you want, this is still a good result.

I'm sure Magda deserves to be in the top 200. I saw her playing at the French Open last month, and her game is complete, she makes few errors, and if she finds the confidence she needs, she could reach easily the top 150 at least.