Tennis Forum banner

Heather's Cheering Thread

255K views 3K replies 195 participants last post by  guichard 
#1 ·
After winning her second round match at the junior aussie open i think its about time heather deserves her own thread. She won her first grade 1 title in 2008 at Yucatan, Mexico and reached the final of the prestigous eddie herr junior tournament.:) Good luck against Miyabi Inoue heather :D:D

#616 ·
Re: Heather Watson

Heather is looking good for a Wimbledon MD birth a top 100 player before the year is through.

#629 ·

After Keothavong's loss Heather is also now the new British no 2! :eek:
the baton is slowly being handed over. anne i think will retire after the onlympics. and bally may, too, as well.

#630 ·

:bounce:Well done Heather! I was a bit nervous because of how ropey the first set was. She only just sneaked it really. But Stephanie totally went walkabout in the 2nd. Got concerned again when Heather was DFing at the end (thought, oh no another Anne!).

First British woman to win at RG in 17 years. That's a ridiculous amount of time. Were the GBR girls really so scared of the clay? Heather is showing the way, nothing to be scared of!

#633 ·

I was watching bits of Heather's match & I was very impressed with her tenacity and guts when she was saving those SPs in the first set. On the second SP (I think) she went for a gutsy BH down the line & on another point, she hit a backhand defensive lob from way behind the baseline over Foretz head to give her a BP to take it to a tiebreak.

I hope she will get on a showcourt for round 2 again.

#638 ·

The schedule is going by halves of the draw. Top half today, bottom half tomorrow.

#639 ·

Yeah, it's just the three days for round 1 that makes things confusing. Top half were spread over Sunday and Monday, bottom half over Monday and Tuesday.

The players who played on the earlier day within their half have two days rest before round 2.

#642 ·

Big ask at the minute - the way the seedings work, she'd either have to beat a seed, or beat someone who has beaten a seed.

It's quite a bit above the level she's used to, and I don't know if she's got the weapons unless her opponent is having a bad day. I suppose I'm hoping she'll get through a round, and anything more is a bonus.