France - Kristina Mladenovic & Gael Monfils
USA - Serena Williams & John Isner
Serbia - Ana Ivanovic & Novak Djokovic
Belgium - Justine Henin & Steve Darcis
Kazakhstan - Yaroslava Shvedova & Andrey Golubev
Italy - Francesca Schiavone & Potito Starace
Great Britain - Laura Robson & Andy Murray

#2 ·
There´s only one spot left with the Asian play-offs.
I once hoped, Japan with Nishikori and Date-Krumm would replace this ridiculous play-off. But I think they stick to this event in Asia.

I would see Italy, Germany, Argentina or the UK going

Might be difficult to get Murray, might be more difficult to get del Potro or Schiavone, Germany lacks a famous German singles player next to Lisicki and Lisicki herself should be keen on ranking points

#8 ·
I would not be surprised if they try to get Haas or Del Potro to play as they come back injured and don´t have ranking-points-pressure as in former years. Dulko and Petkovic/Lisicki could stand in for them. Germany is in doubt though after some years without luck. I could predict they had enough Germany in recent years.

On the other hand, maybe Japan is in store with Nishikori coming back and Date-Krumm as THE story of 2009/2010

#10 ·
Last year Slovakia didn't defend :shrug:
What about CZE? :p

#15 ·
Ukraine with Stakhovsky & Alona Bondarenko :hearts: would be interesting

#18 ·
What about Slovakia since they didn't get to defend in 2010 :shrug:
Or maybe Romania since they were unlucky last year because Hanescu got injured :shrug:
Sweden with Soderling and Arvidsson/Larsson would be cool too :shrug:. Or a Czech team :p

#23 ·
http://hopmancup.com/?id=103&NewsId=356
Murray and Robson Complete Hopman Field

The Hyundai Hopman Cup today announced that World Number 4 Andy Murray will partner Laura Robson for Great Britain at January’s ITF International Mixed Teams Championship in Perth. Murray joins World Number 2 Novak Djokovic headlining an impressive array of tennis talent that also includes the two greatest female players of the modern era, Serena Williams and Justine Henin.

Murray had this to say, "I'm looking forward to going back to the Hopman Cup. For me, it was a good start to the year and we went pretty close to winning. I look forward to playing with Laura once again".

Murray and Robson competed in last year’s Hopman where they went all the way to the Final, losing to an inspired Spain. Murray was in outstanding form throughout the week and delighted the Perth crowd and audiences back home in the UK with his majestic play. He continued this impressive form in Melbourne, notching a brilliant semi-final victory over World Number 1 Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open before a gallant defeat in his second Grand Slam Final by Roger Federer.

Robson, at only 15 years, was also enchanting and her singles victory in the Final displayed the poise that has carried her to a Junior Wimbledon title and her second successive Final appearance at the 2010 Junior Australian Open. Robson also partnered Australian Sally Peers in the doubles at the 2010 Australian Open where they reached the quarterfinal.

Tournament Director, Paul McNamee, said, "Andy Murray is a rare talent so we are delighted he is coming back. His racquet work last year was a joy to watch. Laura continues to develop and get better..... they have a real chance once again".

The eight teams competing in the 2011 Hyundai Hopman Cup are:

* USA - Serena Williams and John Isner
* Belgium – Justine Henin and Steve Darcis
* Serbia – Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic
* France – Kristina Mladenovic and Gael Monfils
* Kazakhstan – Yaroslava Shvedova and Andrey Golubev
* Italy – Francesca Schiavone and Potito Starace
* Australia – Alicia Molik and Lleyton Hewitt
* Great Britain – Laura Robson and Andy Murray

The Official Draw will be conducted next Monday, 18 October.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.