#0468 Suicide Tennis Charleston - Congrats, Crux Squall
Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...
2013 WINNER: kondrashov (RUS)
2012 WINNER: come on lena (GRE)
2011 WINNER: LaysGuerrero (BRA)
2010 WINNER: MarineGoTati (FRA)
2009 WINNER: daniela86 (SRB)
1) Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2) Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Serena Williams or Caroline Wozniacki in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Arantxa Rus. Has-beens are not hot.
3) You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
4) In the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurrence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identified like this:
BACK-UP PICK - CAROLINE WOZNIACKI
If it is not clearly identified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5) The top 16 ranked players to enter will be given a BYE for Day 1. However, all these players MUST post a Day 1 pick for tie-breaker purposes. You are allowed to re-use this player later in the tournament. If you have a Bye and your Day 1 pick loses you are still in the tournament but those games lost will be used if there is a tie-breaker. If you have a Bye and don't post a Day 1 pick you will be ineligible to win if there is a tie-breaker.
Your sign up will be confirmed when you post your picks on the first day of main draw play, and so please do not post “In” or any other variation to sign in.
Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week
. If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.
Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post or else you will be DISQUALIFIED
Ranking Points for Suicide Charleston (Premier):
Tournament Homepage: http://www.familycirclecup.com
DAY 1: 1
DAY 2: 30
DAY 3: 60
DAY 4: 90
DAY 5: 120
DAY 6: 200
DAY 7: 320 (No Pick)
DAY 7: 380 (Invalid)
DAY 7: 470 (Winner)
Time in Charleston, click HERE
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules, click HERE
Suicide Tennis Rankings, click HERE
IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/TENNIS FORUM IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ana Ivanovic
2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Last edited by DAVAJ MKirilenko; Apr 6th, 2014 at 08:24 AM.