10K views 95 replies 58 participants last post by  Amalgamate 
#1 · (Edited)
First set announced.

1. Heather Watson
2. Laura Robson
3. Katie O'Brien
4. Melanie South

Rest to be confirmed.

Naomi Broady and Anna Smith have been awarded wildcards into qualifying, as they were ineligible for the main draw being ranked outside the top 250 and not able to fall under the exceptions which allowed Heather and Laura in.

Tamira Paszek has also been awarded a qualifying wildcard.

Naomi Cavaday has elected to play qualifying.

Melanie seems to be an AELTC choice, she was automatically put forward by virtue of being in the top 250, but I don't think she was pushed by the LTA as a candidate.

#9 ·
Last year's junior champ will surely get one too (I won't even attempt to spell her name;))!

It'll be interesting to see who gets the remaining 3!

I think Lucic, Larcher de Brito & Mladenovic (I'd love Dokic to get one but I doubt it:()

#20 ·
So happy for Tamira :banana:

#22 ·
you never know. they can give it to someone else if when she gets in. but she could get mdwc if she does really good in birmingham this week i guess.
also she asked for wc back in 2007 when she was first coming back and they didn't wanted to give her not even a QWC.

#31 ·
And by the way, that is so typical of Cavaday's'coach to go that. :rolleyes: im sure it's'because they want to "earn" their way into the MD rather than getting a 'free pass'. It's'stupid, she's'clearl one of the best grasscourters we have by far and in the MD she has played against Sugiyama (aged 17), Hingis and then Venus and she challenged them all. She's'good enough to beat so many players in the MD but she's'also inconsistent and unfit (see last year's'wimbledon when she should have qualified)

Oh well, glad i'll get to see her in qualies but her coach is an idiot. :lol:

#33 ·
But at least this way she's probably got a better chance of getting some points. She just lost to Karatantcheva in qualies of a MM, so I think the chances of her winning a MD match are pretty slim. Winning a few rounds in qualies is certainly much more attainable are at least she could play herself into form. I don't think it's particularly idiotic at all.

#32 ·
I'm annoyed they've bent the rules for Jamie Baker, despite the fact they didn't for Cavaday last year, or Smith and Broady this year. :rolleyes:

Hope the bold decision pays off for Cavaday. Given her inability to win back to back matches against even average opponents at the moment I'm not confident, but Wimbledon is a completely different story to 25K events.

Katie: :help: Stupid and deluded as always.

Melanie: Everyone else has already covered that.

I would have liked to see Lertcheewakarn get a MDWC, even if she is completely :tape: outside of Grass. :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.