Tennis Forum banner

Your tennis results?!

305K views 2K replies 311 participants last post by  Spencer. 
#1 ·
So it's technically about tennis, but I thought it would have a better fit here in non tennis. This would be a thread just to post your own personal tennis results as they happen for those of us that play for fun. Yesterday I played a freind of mine that I play the most and I won 5-7, 6-3, 6-1. I was up 4-0 in the first set and then i don't know what happened :eek: but after the first set I only faced one break point the rest of the match and I saved it. :bounce:

#568 ·
I played this dude in Division 4 the other week and I won 6-0, 5-7, 6-1. :lol:

It lasted almost 2 hours and a half, it was the longest match I've played in the competition. I won the first set rather comfortably, I didn't play great but my opponent kept making errors. Then in the second set he played much better and the momentum changed—don't know what got to me. He led 4-0 before I regrouped, but he broke for 6-5 and I lost the set, sadly. I was nearly dead by the beginning of the third set but I still won 6-1, I suppose he was tired too. I'm glad I won, it was good quality from the beginning to the beginning of the third set—one of the best matches I've enjoyed playing. It was very ugly tennis at the end though. :eek:

#572 ·
Today I won a match vs my friend Michael: 1-6, 6-2, 6-4

It was really hard for me to get adjusted in the first set cause he kept hitting flat shots to my bh and that's the side where I really have no good shot for defense and I usually run around to hit the fh. Once I started changing pace (yes I hit a few moonballs) he started to hit more to the middle of the court and try to tire me out with long rallies which is the worst idea cause I can run for days. I started hitting more freely off my forehand side and my net play was the best it's ever been. My serve has improved bunches hit 6 aces today!! :hearts: 13 double faults but who cares about that stat. :p

#573 · (Edited)
^Good work young gunner.

I'm entered in another little tournament this weekend which is exciting and nerve-wracking. It's on clay and I've never played on clay before - had my first hit on it the other day. It's a draw of 64 so I'm hoping I don't draw a seed in the first round - will find out this afternoon what the draw is. I'm trying not to think about winning or improving my Australian ranking, but just think about playing well and improving. Will keep you posted.

EDIT: Okay Draw's out! :eek: 1st round singles on Friday: I play an unranked guy (thank goodness!) and maybe the 13th seed in the 2nd round if I win. In the doubles, we didn't draw a seed but if we win, we play the top seeds! (But their ranking aren't extraordinary, thankfully). Wish me luck!!

#575 ·
Day 1 of a little tournament in Canberra (I posted about it above).

It was stinking hot - about 34 celsius and soooo humid. I was playing an unranked guy in the 1st round who played pretty well. I went up 4-1, then a minor choke and back to 4-4 and luckily took the set 6-4. Same story in the 2nd: went up 5-2, then back to 5-4 then I served. Was happy with a 6-4 6-4 win and a few more Aussie ranking points :)

Only an hour's rest and then 2nd round match against the 13th seed who's ranked 540 in Australia. He was solid and beat me easily 6-0 6-2. At least I avoided the double bagel!

Tomorrow is 1st round doubles and the consolation draw. All good fun!

#578 ·
I won a USTA Flex League match 7-5, 4-6, 10-4 on Monday, and I won an Ultimate Tennis match 6-4, 6-2 this afternoon. Not a bad week so far. :bounce:

#579 ·
Rubbers Sets Games
Won Lost %Won Won Lost % Won Won Lost % Won
SINGLES 6 7 46% 6 7 46% 55 51 51.8%
DOUBLES 7 6 54% 15 16 48% 151 159 48.7%

These are my season stats, its interesting how i won only 6/13 singles yet won more games than i lost, and won more doubles than i lost but won less sets.

#580 ·
First match of this season: I lost :eek:

3-6 2-6 :rolleyes:

I played against someone, who is playing tennis since over 20 years, well, I'm playing since 1 3/4 years :eek: :lol:
It was my first match after really a long time, so my serve was kinda not existing. :lol:
Since the end of the first set, I found my serve and could score some points and even serve some Ace's again :cheer:
I was *0-5 behind and managed to get a BP at 3-5* 40-30 but made an UE on the return :rolleyes:
I was leading in the 2nd set with 1-0* but from then on, I just couldn't win a game, I had several BP and GP with 40-15 or even 40-0 but I couldn't serve it out in the end :sobbing:
I made some good points with the FH but also maaaaany mistakes with it, the BH was ok. He played really short shots and I couldn't handle them, so that's why I lost in the end that high.
But with about 15 DF's and only 4-6 Ace's it was a good result in the end, nevertheless I was disapointed...:awww:

Next time will be better for sure :yeah::rocker2::cool:

#581 ·
Lost today to someone playing their second tennis match ever :sobbing: 1-6

In my defense, I haven't worked out in ages, and it was really hot. He's a big VB player, so he was banging in serves and I had trouble getting anything working except my BH. But of course, as a new player, he just kept hitting his FH crosscourt, and I'm not too big of an attacker.

Really need to hit the gym.

#584 ·
Have had a good couple weeks, beat the guy who beat me in our club championships last season in QF, 6-3 6-2 on Thursday

Beat the club coach who I lost to 5-7 6-2 7-5 in the final 2 years ago, 6-1 6-4 on Friday

Then beat the current champion at our club, who I lost to in the final 2 years ago 6-7 7-5 7-6, 6-3 6-1 on Sunday

So a good few days for me :cheer:

#585 ·
Have had a good couple weeks, beat the guy who beat me in our club championships last season in QF, 6-3 6-2 on Thursday

Beat the club coach who I lost to 5-7 6-2 7-5 in the final 2 years ago, 6-1 6-4 on Friday

Then beat the current champion at our club, who I lost to in the final 2 years ago 6-7 7-5 7-6, 6-3 6-1 on Sunday

So a good few days for me :cheer:
really ? :eek: :p

#587 ·
Lost first set 6-3. Won second 6-2. Down 4-0 in the third :eek:. Fought back to 4-4 :D. Then my opponent kept on screaming and throwing his racquet and I was so happy that I thought it was over. And then I got too cocky and lost 6-4 :bigcry:

#590 ·
Won my first match on clay this year 6-2 6-2, but that isn't anything I can be proud of :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

I started my match with 3 DF's, hahaha, at the end it were 5 in the first service game which I eventually lost on RW. :help:
Afterwards I got in, but still it was painfull to watch I think, my opponent didn't hold serve once and I had in the end at least 15 DF's or more, but only about 3-4 Ace's and 5-6 service winners... :awww:

One thing that I was proud of, was my backhand and return of serve, which really got better over the winter, but sunday I will see how good, because I will meet matthias again after 1 1/2 years, when he beat my ass 0-6 0-6 :bigcry::oh:

This time I want to win at least one or two games :oh::oh::oh:
The first real test :woohoo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.