Tennis Forum banner

Miami R2 Wickmayer def Baltacha 6-1, 6-3

1K views 27 replies 27 participants last post by  Rafito. 
#1 ·
Good win for Yanina. Petra Martić is next.

Still a good tournament for Bally, get some rest.

#3 ·
Miami 2R: [12]Yanina Wickmayer def. [Q]Elena Baltacha 6-1, 6-3

Well done Yanina. :D Revenge mission against Martic now :armed:

#7 ·
Re: Miami 2R: [12]Yanina Wickmayer def. [Q]Elena Baltacha 6-1, 6-3

Bally :sad:

#13 ·

Good luck, Petra. Do your thang. :hearts:

#15 ·

Tough loss Bally :sad:

It will be interesting to see what Elena does with the clay season coming up. Save for Roland Garros, she's skipped the clay court season entirely for three out of the last four years and her results have been awful when she has played on it. Wonder if she'll have a long training block during the spring, or if she'll really attempt to give the dirt a go.

#26 ·

Tough loss Bally :sad:

It will be interesting to see what Elena does with the clay season coming up. Save for Roland Garros, she's skipped the clay court season entirely for three out of the last four years and her results have been awful when she has played on it. Wonder if she'll have a long training block during the spring, or if she'll really attempt to give the dirt a go.
I'm kind of hoping she does a schedule like Tanasugarn has done in the past, and play some of the challengers that aren't on clay - Usually relatively weak fields, and surfaces that should allow for some easier points to be had as opposed to losing 2-3 months' worth of point opportunity and momentum trying to play clay too long.

If I were Bally, I'd play the challengers in Monzon, and Johannesburg guaranteed, and then play 2 clay warmups before Roland Garros (Warsaw was fairly weak last year, and perhaps either Madrid, or Estoril).

Anyway, kind of an expected loss against Wickmayer, but again a solid tournament for Bally and more points - Considering it took her until the fall to earn the points she has made through March of this year, she's off to a brilliant start :)

#16 ·

Well it seems Wickmayer was in destruction mode. Anyway, Bally fought in the 2nd set and she really played good so far this year. She's winning the matches she's expected to and I really hope she stays that consistent in the whole 2010.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.