Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 137 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2041 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,251
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
She barely and finally found her form, and you guys want her to rest!! She will have an entire week to rest AFTER Dubai, before Indian Wells. Two weeks of rest might do her worse, she might lose her form again. She seems to have a tendency to get lazy when she is resting too much. Do you want her to play in USA like she did in Sydney and lose in the first round?
WTF ?? Did you hear what she said ?? Big problems
http://www.wtatennis.com/videos/arti...alep-interview
Hartson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2042 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 01:03 PM
country flag drg
Senior Member
 
drg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,873
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

is more about injury not tiredness . if the injury isn't serious she should play Dubai but we can't expect too much from that tournament . If we look last season she never played well after good 2 tourneys in row . She always showed tired and with back problems and last year she was much better physicaly .
drg is online now  
post #2043 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Iaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 581
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Or maybe she is starting to believe she is a top ten player and wants to give Aga a false sense of security in knowing she is playing an injured player

P.S: Dubai ends on the 22nd and IW starts on the 5th of March...she will have a bye in the first round and its possible she will have to play around the 7th...that enough time to recover...
Iaco is offline  
post #2044 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Belle de Jour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,364
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
WTF ?? Did you hear what she said ?? Big problems
http://www.wtatennis.com/videos/arti...alep-interview
First of all, Simona's English is so much better than last year. She deserves a big "well done" in this department!

But still, in the opening of the interview she states that she is not 100% well and she has some problems, than later she says that her Achilles is worse (because of the running, obviously), then she says she has big problems, only to arrive to the conclusion that she hopes that she will recover very soon. Am I the only one here seeing the contradictions?
Belle de Jour is offline  
post #2045 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Iaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 581
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I'm telling you...let the mind games begin
Iaco is offline  
post #2046 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,903
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaco View Post
Or maybe she is starting to believe she is a top ten player and wants to give Aga a false sense of security in knowing she is playing an injured player
yess .. hope she is a liar

_____________

Simna Halep
.... keep believing
mido1988 is offline  
post #2047 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,903
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

dubai tournament is very weird

a player like bouchard ( 19 seeded ) have to play 3 matches in qualification to reach the main draw
and there are players lower ranking than her playing in the main draw directly without WC .. i don't understand

_____________

Simna Halep
.... keep believing
mido1988 is offline  
post #2048 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
CristianB8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 2,913
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
yess .. hope she is a liar
I hope too, because as I've said earlier, if it's something real with Achiles tendon, the problem won't disappear, in fact it's just getting worse!
If you never had that problem in your life (hope not) you can search on google :P
CristianB8 is offline  
post #2049 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Belle de Jour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,364
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
dubai tournament is very weird

a player like bouchard ( 19 seeded ) have to play 3 matches in qualification to reach the main draw
and there are players lower ranking than her playing in the main draw directly without WC .. i don't understand
Ever heard of entry lists? Acceptances at a tournament are based on older Rankings. When she entered Dubai Bouchard was ranked lower than 19 (she was soewhere around 32-33 IIRC), that's why she has to play qualies.
Belle de Jour is offline  
post #2050 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Senior Member
 
HalepFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 284
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
First of all, Simona's English is so much better than last year. She deserves a big "well done" in this department!

But still, in the opening of the interview she states that she is not 100% well and she has some problems, than later she says that her Achilles is worse (because of the running, obviously), then she says she has big problems, only to arrive to the conclusion that she hopes that she will recover very soon. Am I the only one here seeing the contradictions?
Maybe she wanted to say that her Achilles is worse when she is running and may lead to big problems and she's talking about maybe recovering sufficiently for SF against Aga...
HalepFan is offline  
post #2051 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,903
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Ever heard of entry lists? Acceptances at a tournament are based on older Rankings. When she entered Dubai Bouchard was ranked lower than 19 (she was soewhere around 32-33 IIRC), that's why she has to play qualies.
thank you , now i understand this point but i still not convinced that a player in top 30 have to play all these matches only to be in the main draw in a 470 points tournament

_____________

Simna Halep
.... keep believing
mido1988 is offline  
post #2052 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Belle de Jour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,364
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
thank you , now i understand this point but i still not convinced that a player in top 30 have to play all these matches only to be in the main draw in a 470 points tournament
No problem.

Sometimes they do, because it's a small draw (only 32 players).
Belle de Jour is offline  
post #2053 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
CristianB8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 2,913
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
thank you , now i understand this point but i still not convinced that a player in top 30 have to play all these matches only to be in the main draw in a 470 points tournament
Next year if she is still in top 30 or top 20 or top 10, I am sure she will not have to play so early
CristianB8 is offline  
post #2054 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,903
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
No problem.

Sometimes they do, because it's a small draw (only 32 players).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianB8 View Post
Next year if she is still in top 30 or top 20 or top 10, I am sure she will not have to play so early
yes you are totally right .. but i think in this cases they should make the qualification smaller .. one match to the higher seeded and two to the less
no need to 32 player to have this marathon to get only 4 places

_____________

Simna Halep
.... keep believing
mido1988 is offline  
post #2055 of 5518 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Cosimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 317
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
WTF ?? Did you hear what she said ?? Big problems
http://www.wtatennis.com/videos/arti...alep-interview
I've heard what she said, but did you watch her match against Errani? You've noticed Simona having "big problems"? Or any problem at all? Because if she had big problems yersterday, I wish her to have big problems like that all year. I can live with that, if she wins all remaining slams with her ankles broken.
Cosimo is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome