Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1501 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Amartolomeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wien
Posts: 215
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
but in wta page , the QF of grandslam gives 500 point not 430

see this

http://www.wtatennis.com/players/pla...erena-williams
http://www.wtatennis.com/players/pla...szka-radwanska

this is what made me wrong
see this: http://www.wtatennis.com/all-about-rankings

there are a few little changes since this season

Sorana te iubim
Si cu tine vrem sa fim
Amartolomeu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1502 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,251
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
but in wta page , the QF of grandslam gives 500 point not 430
Ha.. They changed the ranking point distribution since this season )
***2014 New WTA ranking point distribution***
Hartson is offline  
post #1503 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:44 AM
Senior Member
 
s0higher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,452
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
I don't want her to fire him like Lisicki. He needs time.
I need to believe Simona is smarter then Lisicki it will give some time to this collaboration

SS
s0higher is offline  
 
post #1504 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,903
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Ha.. They changed the ranking point distribution since this season )
***2014 New WTA ranking point distribution***
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartolomeu View Post
see this: http://www.wtatennis.com/all-about-rankings

there are a few little changes since this season
ooooh , thanks guys ... i'm very late

_____________

Simna Halep
.... keep believing
mido1988 is offline  
post #1505 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
NEKŲ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: To Oslo and Back Home
Posts: 10,685
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
I need to believe Simona is smarter then Lisicki it will give some time to this collaboration
Yes, but she also seems to be independent, she likes to take her own decisions. But she is smart indeed and respectful, she knows he has the experience by his side, let's hope they will get along. That's important.

Lily Collins' husband.
NEKŲ is offline  
post #1506 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Senior Member
 
s0higher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,452
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

^^Well, you see... this is where Simona might get ahead of herself in thinking that she has all the answers and don`t needs anyone advice. And let`s face facts: 2013 - Simona without a coach, was terrible(of course she was injured) - Simona with mr. Mlendea and mr. Marcu, was outstanding. 2014 - Simona without a coach - mehhh. Yes she did QF at Australian Open but without any game plan, without any real opponents and with a number of UE that reminded me about the player she was before ROME. She is a smart girl, but even Federer needs guidance on tour, so she should get over this "shitty" beginning of the year and start over, but always with a coach by her side

SS
s0higher is offline  
post #1507 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Nightcrawl3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,821
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Kerber withdrew from Paris so Halep will have a BYE in the 1st round (being the 4th seed)

I am waiting more anxious for Doha than this but of course I hope she gives a good performance in Paris (+Fed Cup) also. And I hope to see her game progress more and more, step by step. GL

.
Nightcrawl3r is offline  
post #1508 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Laur0707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Kerber withdrew from Paris so Halep will have a BYE in the 1st round (being the 4th seed)

I am waiting more anxious for Doha than this but of course I hope she gives a good performance in Paris (+Fed Cup) also. And I hope to see her game progress more and more, step by step. GL

.
Good news . What's the source? On the official website Kerber is still listed.
Laur0707 is offline  
post #1509 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Serve2Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11,396
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I think she should not play Paris.
She has a coach she has never met before.
Take the week off. Get to know your coach. Spend time on the practice court.... talk about your game. Go over some videos.. you can even skip the next week, doing the same thing ... and resting... then start playing again. There is no rush going from a slam to a tournament the following week when you are making such a big changes on your team. You are now a top-10. Don't keep doing the junior things. Take time off between tournaments.

Serena is untouchable.!!! Halep is getting there!! Konjuh: sky is the limit !!!! Watch out for Aiava!! Kristie Ahn, Sophie Chang, you are cool !!!!
Play the WTA PredictionGame:
Wimbley:http://www.tennisgamers.com/board/slams/skanteams.php?t_name=2017_Wimbledon_SkanCanTest
Board:http://www.tennisgamers.com/board/pd...-date&tour=WTA
Serve2Win is offline  
post #1510 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:45 AM
country flag ILC
Senior Member
 
ILC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,820
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

If she read this thread, she does not need coach at all.
All good tips here.
ILC is offline  
post #1511 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,251
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
I think she should not play Paris.
I agree. To play Paris right after Australia. Only if she had had a bad result down under. It would be better to prepare well for the FedCup, Doha and Dubai
Hartson is offline  
post #1512 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2014, 06:19 AM
country flag ILC
Senior Member
 
ILC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,820
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
I agree. To play Paris right after Australia. Only if she had had a bad result down under. It would be better to prepare well for the FedCup, Doha and Dubai
u never wanted revanche after lose? i'm sure if there could possible, she would requested rematch with Cibulkova on next day
ILC is offline  
post #1513 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Senior Member
 
stromatolite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 33,328
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
^^Well, you see... this is where Simona might get ahead of herself in thinking that she has all the answers and don`t needs anyone advice. And let`s face facts: 2013 - Simona without a coach, was terrible(of course she was injured) - Simona with mr. Mlendea and mr. Marcu, was outstanding. 2014 - Simona without a coach - mehhh. Yes she did QF at Australian Open but without any game plan, without any real opponents and with a number of UE that reminded me about the player she was before ROME. She is a smart girl, but even Federer needs guidance on tour, so she should get over this "shitty" beginning of the year and start over, but always with a coach by her side
I'm not convinced that playing without a coach was that much of a factor for Simona at the AO. She was low on confidence and form. There is relatively little a coach can do about those things during a slam. Simona didn't forget how to play tennis during the off season, but like all players she became rusty. She then made the silly decision to play Sydney as her only warm-up event and paid the price.

In any case I certainly hope you are not right that she is so dependent on her coach that her game falls apart without one. She is about to embark on a relationship with a coach who she's never even met, much less worked with. The chances that Fissette can magically transform her back into the great player she was last year seems minimal, in the short term at least.

Fortunately I think she never stopped being that great player. She just needs some more matches and her touch will come back.
stromatolite is offline  
post #1514 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Evan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,612
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I'm not convinced that playing without a coach was that much of a factor for Simona at the AO. She was low on confidence and form. There is relatively little a coach can do about those things during a slam. Simona didn't forget how to play tennis during the off season, but like all players she became rusty. She then made the silly decision to play Sydney as her only warm-up event and paid the price.

In any case I certainly hope you are not right that she is so dependent on her coach that her game falls apart without one. She is about to embark on a relationship with a coach who she's never even met, much less worked with. The chances that Fissette can magically transform her back into the great player she was last year seems minimal, in the short term at least.

Fortunately I think she never stopped being that great player. She just needs some more matches and her touch will come back.
Spot on, as always!
Evan86 is offline  
post #1515 of 5518 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Senior Member
 
s0higher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,452
                     
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

stromatolite, the facts are as I posted them, and don`t know if Simona is coach depended, but I definitely think a coach can help your confidence (as Simona said after her game with Domi, she was nervous). Maybe is just me, but if mr. Marcu or Mlendea were with here in AO she had passed Cibulkova

SS
s0higher is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome