Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread. - Page 45 - TennisForum.com

 190Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #661 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bitch troll from hell.
Posts: 509
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Shit.

Rumours were true then!


How's this possible... Shenzhen and Hobart over-lap each other?

She'll only have a DAY to get from China to Australia...
She could start on Tuesday
Sweety Darling is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #662 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Dawson.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,277
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

I get the feeling she'll only be playing Hobart if she loses early in Shenzhen.

Kuznetsova

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline  
post #663 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:25 AM
.
 
Royals.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,131
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
I get the feeling she'll only be playing Hobart if she loses early in Shenzhen.
My thoughts exactly, she was scheduled for Tokyo after Guangzhou but couldn't make it due to her making the finals of Guangzhou as there was an overlap between Tokyo.

I'd rather her doing well in Shenzhen rather than whoring tourneys and leaving in the second rounds. Consistency is the key for Laura.

It's a new art form showing people how little we care.
Royals. is offline  
post #664 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2012, 08:01 AM
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 186
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Of course she'll be entered for two tournaments before the AO - just like every other player of a similar ranking. She's far away from being in a position to think she will make the final stages of all the tournaments she enters. If she goes out first round in Shenzhen then she would have no match practice before Melbourne. Now I don't think she will go out early but entering both is sensible planning not tournament whoring.
GS2 is offline  
post #665 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,221
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2 View Post
Of course she'll be entered for two tournaments before the AO - just like every other player of a similar ranking. She's far away from being in a position to think she will make the final stages of all the tournaments she enters. If she goes out first round in Shenzhen then she would have no match practice before Melbourne. Now I don't think she will go out early but entering both is sensible planning not tournament whoring.
This. She doesn't yet have the consistency to except herself to reach the final stages of tournament every week.


Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline  
post #666 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Lloy4dAustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 704
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
My thoughts exactly, she was scheduled for Tokyo after Guangzhou but couldn't make it due to her making the finals of Guangzhou as there was an overlap between Tokyo.

I'd rather her doing well in Shenzhen rather than whoring tourneys and leaving in the second rounds. Consistency is the key for Laura.
god,its different
she had to play Q to enter the main draw in tokyo when she was in guangzhou,and the first round Q draw had to finished in one day.
while next season,laura is able to enter almost any International tournments as she likes,because her ranking allow she enters the main draw directly .she can play another tournment next day even when she is playing final in another city

Laura RobsonWelcome back babe
================================================== ================================================== ================
Maria Sharapova Quentin Halys Cici Bellis
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline  
post #667 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2012, 01:46 PM
.
 
Royals.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,131
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2 View Post
Of course she'll be entered for two tournaments before the AO - just like every other player of a similar ranking. She's far away from being in a position to think she will make the final stages of all the tournaments she enters. If she goes out first round in Shenzhen then she would have no match practice before Melbourne. Now I don't think she will go out early but entering both is sensible planning not tournament whoring.
I don't think you understood what I said, I said she must have entered Hobart just in case she loses early on Shenzhen. So I'm not sure what you're saying.

Of course she's not in the position to think so, which is why I said consistency is the key.

It's a new art form showing people how little we care.
Royals. is offline  
post #668 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2012, 01:52 PM
.
 
Royals.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,131
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloy4dAustin View Post
god,its different
she had to play Q to enter the main draw in tokyo when she was in guangzhou,and the first round Q draw had to finished in one day.
while next season,laura is able to enter almost any International tournments as she likes,because her ranking allow she enters the main draw directly .she can play another tournment next day even when she is playing final in another city
Okay... But I was specifically talking about travelling from China to Australia as both tourneys over lap. Unless she plays later.

It's a new art form showing people how little we care.
Royals. is offline  
post #669 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bitch troll from hell.
Posts: 509
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

LethalLaura can you stop spamming with your 'theories'. It's hard to see where she is actually playing.
Sweety Darling is offline  
post #670 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 721
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety Darling View Post
LethalLaura can you stop spamming with your 'theories'. It's hard to see where she is actually playing.
He/she is hardly spamming. At all.

It's a discussion thread, and the whole point of it is to discuss Laura's career etc. And frankly it's not hard to see at all where she's playing
Evans. is offline  
post #671 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,221
                     
Laura will play Pattaya City
http://www.livetennis.it/post/124749/anche-laura-robson-sara-presente-a-pattaya-city/ (Italian)

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline  
post #672 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2012, 05:58 PM
.
 
Royals.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,131
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
He/she is hardly spamming. At all.

It's a discussion thread, and the whole point of it is to discuss Laura's career etc. And frankly it's not hard to see at all where she's playing
Thank you, very much.

I'm posting my thoughts on Laura's 2013 schedule and i'm being told to "shut up" because of that. Well this is a free forum so i'm not going to stop posting what i think.

It's a new art form showing people how little we care.
Royals. is offline  
post #673 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2012, 06:11 PM
.
 
Royals.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,131
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Laura will play Pattaya City
http://www.livetennis.it/post/124749...-pattaya-city/ (Italian)

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
That's great!

So excited for her 2013 season.
Just hope she stays fit and injury free.

It's a new art form showing people how little we care.
Royals. is offline  
post #674 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2012, 07:12 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Joe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,337
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

The courts in Shenzen will suit Laura's game down to a tee....expecting good things from Laura!

Only a couple of weeks now


Sharapova | Watson | Muguruza | Konta | Broady | Bencic | Robson | Cirstea | Lisicki
Joe. is offline  
post #675 of 3841 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Sinead94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 577
                     
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Sorry guys to use this forum but I have a question to ask and didn't know where to post it.

Does any of you play tennis in England? Because I'm french and I've been living in London for a year. And I'm looking for a good tennis club in London. I've been playing tennis since I was 4.

I was ranked 3/6 ( it's a french ranking, I don't know if any of you know) which was quite good but for some reason at some point I didn't play much match and dropped in ranking now I'm 15/1. Anyway I would like to play tennis at college in the USA and receive a scholarship. But I know that the level is quite high, that's why I would like to find a good club where they have good practice because I need to improve and I haven't played for two months ( I was busy with school an other things).

I haven't been a member at any club in London so far, though I played team matches with one. Clubs here are so different from the one we have in France and they are much more expensive. But anyway can anyone help me, please?
Sinead94 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome