Tennis Forum banner

Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread

17K views 122 replies 31 participants last post by  ms_nut 
#1 · (Edited)
:) So after i patched up with Ros, i decided to make a JJ voodoo doll instead, but then i decided to give JJ another chance and made a "JJ t-shirt..".Maybe she would surprise me in Cincy and make it to the QF. Nah, to hell with it.. i decided to go to her 2nd rd match, 'cos i wasn't very confident if i would ever see her again in Cincy this year.

I wanted to make a really cool T-shirt, but realized that making it at the last minute was a pain.. i ended up using this pic on my t-shirt,:

Next, i managed to get out of the hospital for the rest of the day...I rushed home and went with a friend up to Mason. The tournament is actually held in Mason, Ohio, not Cincy which is in a different county.:tape::lol:.

This is the skyline of Cincinnati:

Anyway, the tournament is held close to "King's island" which is one of the biggest amusement parks in the US.

We parked on a grass field and walked up to the ticket counter.. on the way i saw someone practicing on a outside court,.. Oh, it was just Venus.. since i couldn't be bothered with her, i ran up and frantically asked the lady at the counter " are there any tickets available for today's match?" Yes,plenty .. any seat of choice that you want, she said.... And here i was worried that tickets would be sold out...:rolleyes:

Since box seats were $60 a piece.., we decided to get some mid level seats and entered the stadium...There was JJ in all her glory struggling against Maria K.. the score was 5-5 in the first set...:) JJ made a correct challenge just as i entered the stadium.. but eventually lost the game..I expected a very low turnout, but was pleasantly surprised to see that there were at least a 1000 people in the stadium...

(Who's head is that, and why is it blocking JJ's view....:mad:)

Match #1: CC : JJ vs Maria K

Anyway, my friend started taking JJ's pics, while i started biting my nails in earnest..
JJ forced a TB, but then commited some horrible UEs to go down a break .. down 3-4, she played some superb defense to win the point.. but then hit some crap shots to go down 4-6... The JJ of '08 returned just in time to hit a FH CC winner and force an error from Maria K, along with an Ajde to set up SP.. she won the 1st set, and from there, she never looked to be in trouble. She may have been hitting a lot of 2nd serves, but at least she was going for it on her 1st serves..:). Not too bad, not too sloppy, she was solid and her BH was firing on and off as she raced to a 5-3 lead in set 2. She then served something like 2 aces in that last game to shut out Kirilenko...:drool:. I was surpised to see so many people out there calling out her name..:hearts:.. she is a popular champion wherever she goes, it seems.

(sorry, my camcorder pics didn't come out very well,,:eek:)

JJ was asked during the interview how she felt playing her first match here, and she said " Well, i had to get up a 7:00 am today.." :lol:

The crowd absolutely loved her and tons of kids swarmed around her for an autograph... there was no way i could get an autograph now.. right? wrong...:p

JJ was so gracious, she was standing for quite a while, signing autographs...i snuck in behind her... i meekly yelled "JJ".. but got so tongue-tied.My friend then yelled "JJ sign my T-shirt".. JJ looked up and smiled at me when she saw her pretty face on my t-shirt staring back at her..OMG, she is simply gorgeous in person, she had so many "freckles". She signed my t-shirt and put a little heart ♥ at the end..

See less See more
#2 ·
JJ encounter #2:

I thought that was the last i would see of JJ today, boy was i wrong..:eek::eek:

As we left the stadium who do we see but JJ along with Ricardo. The two were jogging just outside the stadium in order to cool down..

JJ talking on the phone.. "That's right mom, I did it,I won a match ...you don't believe me?, ask Ricardo.. he saw me win.. no not a practice match, I won a real WTA tour match".

JJ and Ricardo were having an animated discussion, they were arguing about something..:confused:.. It seemed like JJ was talking in Serbian, and Ricardo in Spanish.. and yet they both seemed to understand each other... or not....it was like neither one was paying any attention to what the other person was saying:lol:

To add a bigger twist, as we followed JJ ,we saw this guy follow her..:confused: now who on earth could that be, but our very own Mlajdo (sp?):mad: so is he a sponsoruza or not.. I was stunned to see him.. i didn't remember his first name, but i said to my friend, "That's Janovic", he turned around looked at us, and then continued talking to someone on his cell phone.

What then followed was another surprise.... Ricardo and Mlajdo started having an animated conversation...:shrug: I could only guess what was going on..

Ricardo: " look ,all I'm saying is to cut it down to every other day.."
Mlajdo: "What do you mean.... we're two virile young individuals...we have desires that need to be fulfilled"

#7 ·
JJ encounter #2:

JJ and Ricardo were having an animated discussion, they were arguing about something..:confused:.. It seemed like JJ was talking in Serbian, and Ricardo in Spanish.. and yet they both seemed to understand each other... or not....it was like neither one was paying any attention to what the other person was saying:lol:

[/I]
JJ and Ricardo conversation:

JJ (in Serbian): You know, I really like makeup, but do you know what kinds of makeup I like? Wait, I'll test you to see if you know me. What's my favourite mascara?

Ricardo (in Spanish): Wait did you just say something about your serve? I think we should work on your serve this afternoon. See if you can get some more pop on it and a bit more kick on that second serve.

JJ (in Serbian): Wrong! It's L'oreal Voluminous. (getting annoyed) Also, why are you talking funny? You pronounced mascara wrong.

Ricardo (in Spanish): Wait what did you say? These sunglasses make it hard for me to hear what you're saying.

JJ (in Serbian): How could you say that! I have never endangered anyone with my use of glitter. I'm careful, you know, not to put myself in positions where I might cause sunstrike to drivers.

Ricardo (in Spanish): Hmm? Oh we'll grab something to eat after practice. Maybe get something healthy. Don't want to practice on a full stomach. Might get a sore tummy.

JJ (in Serbian): And no I do not use too much foundation! How dare you!

Ricardo (in Spanish): And why the heck are you shouting? Would you prefer something spicy?

JJ (in Serbian): It's okay I forgive you. It's hard for a man to understand these things.

Ricardo (in Spanish): Okay then it's settled. We'll get Indian.

JJ muttering under her breath: (I'm glad I got through that important conversation. Can't have him misunderstanding these things. It's a good thing I can always tell what he really means, otherwise I might feel insulted sometimes.)
Ricardo thinking to himself: (Boy that accent she has, it's so strong. Half the time I'm not sure she even understands what I'm saying. At least I always remember to speak in English to her.)

#3 · (Edited)
I did see the other WTA matches as well, but will pen my thoughts on them later..i'm going to bed and i have an exam that i have to be studying for (it's on Friday).. so much as i would like to go tomorrow to see JJ lose to Azarenka..:eek::mad: i'll have to be content with "livescores". Maybe if she wins tomorrow, i'll be there to see her on Friday night...please win JJ, don't lose to Vika tomorrow...

Oh, and for the record, i thought JJ's dress looked gorgeous on her.. .much better than the same Anta crap we've been seeing for the last few months.. i'll puke if i see her grey dress one more time..

#6 · (Edited)
Amazing! :sobbing: You were too exciting to be objective. That dress is hideous and she can't allow to be broken THAT many times.

Jelena is ♥!!!

Spanish only do animated conversations and Montenegrins don't know to keep their voices down either so...there you go! And Jelena is a drama queen. Minus the dress, I love that pic when she's jogging while talking on the cell and laughing. That girl knows her multitasking all too well. :lol:

Mladjo, don't ruin Jeca, please! Ktnxbye.

Oh and now I'm not the only stalker around here anymore. :)

#10 ·
:) Thnx guys.. oh, and for the record.. you are her only stalker Alex...:p I just happened to bump in Ricardo and Mladjo...

Ma, i wanted to use "JJ Dileja" but didn't want to piss JJ off..:angel:

Here's a youtube clip of JJ serving at 5-6 in the 1st set.. it only has a view of JJ and is not so great:

First shot was a BH DTL winner
Second shot was a BH DTL return by Maria K.
Third shot was an ace as JJ held to 6-6 in 1st set.

#11 ·
Canary Jeca...:speakles:

Too bad you can't stalk her today.

I hate following a match on SB. I kinda hoped Serena would lose to Bondarenko 2, so Jelena's match can be put on CC. :eek:

Tell me why was she broken so many times? Was Kiri playing well?

#13 ·
дalex;16249702 said:
Canary Jeca...:speakles:

Too bad you can't stalk her today.

I hate following a match on SB. I kinda hoped Serena would lose to Bondarenko 2, so Jelena's match can be put on CC. :eek:

Tell me why was she broken so many times? Was Kiri playing well?
I thought Maria K was playing better than she has this year..(she was attacking JJ's 2nd serves).I only saw the match from 5-5 in the 1st set, so i didn't know there were so many breaks..:eek:
In the 2nd set, you never got the feeling that JJ would lose even after being broken early on.. She was moving well and got a few oohs and aahs for her movement skills. In the 2nd set, JJ broke for 4-2 and then played a tentative,error-prone game to lose serve.. it was like she got pissed after that.. that she broke right away and this time, went for her serves (got her 1st serves in) and this time,held easily..

Edit: You're welcome, Sarah..

#17 ·
THank you very much for all those details, and lucky you to have been able to see her for real, even got an autograph!!! I didn't like that dress, but seeing it LIVE must feel different then seeing it in picture. It felt different on your pictures even.

A lot of people don't like her boyfriend, and i am not sure i like seeing him around her when she has serious matches to play, but, she won 3 titles at the end of last year and declared that she was in love, so? :shrug: Was he at those tournaments then?

You might also get ready for Friday, i don't know, i feel after going through such a tough match serving, she will be wonderful today against Akarenka. Might not be easy, but i feel she is going to beat her. To be continued...

#20 · (Edited)
:unsure: So after i finished my Exam, we rushed to get up to the tournament again...

This is the view of the amusement park from the tennis center:

QF#4: JJ vs Bammer
Since all the other QF were sleep inducers, i'll go directly to JJ's match...

JJ started the match in fine fashion.. she was serving decently, her BH DTL was firing and needless to say, she was cruising. She outrallied Bammer who made quite a few UEs. The first set ended with 7 Winners and 4 UEs from JJ..:hearts:. The crowd started by cheering for JJ... so much so, that the guy sitting next to me said " Why is everyone cheering for this Jankovic girl.. go Bammer":rolleyes:. The crowd started getting behind Bammer though, cos everyone wanted to see more tennis. Bammer got a loud reception when she won the 2nd game of set 2. It was just a matter of time though. Jankovic got broken once, but she easily won the second set 6-3.. (as u guys already know)

JJ had not problems reminding everyone that she ended last year as #1..:lol: She also said that she'd "beaten Demented so many times before":tape::lol: but it would hopefully be a good match, with her winning, of course.

There was a good turnout for the night match.. most seats were taken...I made a new T-shirt with JJ on it, but there was no way i could get to her.. people were enveloping her like a swarm of angry hornets..

#21 ·
:) JJ Encounter #2:

So by now, we knew the drill... JJ would come out to jog and we would ambush her.. this time, i got a pic of her dad..

Mladjo: Geez, putting up with JJ is one thing, but do i also have to put up with her dad?

JJ started flexing her muscles along the side of the stadium.. She also started complaining to one of the officials " There is no place for me to warm up in the gym" While she was flexing, a couple came up to her and took a picture with her..Ricardo, then shooed them away " please, 5 minutes, please, warming , please 5 minutes, please, yes, please, please..":lol: The couple then started warming up right next to her and they started taking pics alongside her... (sorry for the blurry pics, i was clicking as fast as i could)

JJ was like " what's going on here ?" and she started laughing. The guy then took out an autographed ball of JJ that he had caught when she threw them into the stadium.. He said something to her (i think it was "I'm thinking of selling it on ebay") to which JJ replied "good luck with that" he then laughed and said to his wife, " she's really something"....

Mladjo then approached her and they started talking for a while.. there were people all around her waiting for an autograph...:eek:

JJ: so after this, you wanna...
Mladjo: Please JJ, not in front of Grandpa Ricardo.. just the thought of him can ruin the moment...

Ricardo: So JJ.. you have to focus on this exercise..and after this we'll work on your 2nd serve
JJ: (thinking to self) ..Whoa.. .i can see inside his mouth.... :scared:

As always, yours truly managed to get another autograph...:bounce:.. i also spoke to JJ this time...
Me: JJ can you sign my T-shirt again..
JJ: (smiling)
Me: I'll wear a new one as long as you keep winning..
JJ: (looking at me and smiling).. Ok, thanks...

(thanks for the pic Louisa)

:rolls: People kept coming up to me and asking me where i bought it... I was like.. A store that sells JJ merchandise ? They'd have gone bankrupt by now, given the way she had been playing until recently.

Oh and to end it all... i spotted some Serbian fans from across the stadium. Boy, for a tiny nation, you manage to show up in practically every city..:p

#24 ·
I'm very proud of your stalking abilities, nut.
Seriously, this blog is like Behind the Scenes with JJ and her entourage. :bowdown:

Mladjo looks like a pink princess on that pic with JJ's dad. *jealous*

JJ started flexing her muscles along the side of the stadium.. She also started complaining to one of the officials " There is no place for me to warm up in the gym" While she was flexing, a couple came up to her and took a picture with her..Ricardo, then shooed them away " please, 5 minutes, please, warming , please 5 minutes, please, yes, please, please.." The couple then started warming up right next to her and they started taking pics alongside her... (sorry for the blurry pics, i was clicking as fast as i could)
Ricardo :lol:

THANK YOU for these blogs.

Are you going today?

#26 ·
^^^ Thanks Guys.. I'll be going tonight as well. The night match was definitely well attended.I'm hoping for a huge turnout again.:)

Wayne, the tickets for the SF in the mid levels are $46 each for the SF ( They were $40 for the last few rounds).I don't think i can afford to go to both sessions today,so i just bought the tickets for the night session.

:devil: Ma, i just might put "win them all" on my T-shirt if she makes the Final...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.