- View Single Post - Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing
View Single Post
post #181 of (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Re: Whitney Houston: Million Dollar Bill- BRAND NEW SONG!!! (see first post)

Originally Posted by harloo View Post
I had to give Million Dollar Bill a few listens but I really like this song. It has a different sound of sorts. I really wish Whitney would get back to her power ballads because that's really what set her apart from the pack. However, I realize her voice may not be strong enough for them anymore. Did Neyo write anything on this album? He such a good songwriter and would have wrote her a beautiful song.
Her voice just can't facilitate them anymore. The power-ballads were basically a showcase for "The Voice". Sadly The Voice is gone - but it's actually an opportunity for Whitney to go in a different direction. A less spectacular and understated ballad can say just as much as a really powerful one, and who is really doing them these days? I wouldn't expect I Look to You to be number one, but I hope it does well and that it offers some diversity to the charts.

Originally Posted by Alla Luce View Post
(1)A lot is being made of the record Serena has vs Sharapova. It is being used as THE reason she will win again lol. Good thing we have players like Tomas Berdych (who had an even worse record vs Nadal) to remind us of the fallacy of this nonsense logic.
(2)You stans may as well sleep well tonight because tomorrow the a replay of Lucie's winning moment over and over again will haunt your dreams for weeks to come
(3)The stars have aligned perfectly for the upset of the 21st century. All the best Garbine
(4) There is no path to victory for Williams.Keys wins in straight easy sets.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome