Tennis Forum banner

Adam & Eve..(anovic)

100K views 585 replies 58 participants last post by  Linguae^ 
#1 ·
Adam Scott and Ana Ivanovic. Are they together?

Saucy. :hehehe:

I read in one of Australia's tabloid mags yesterday that Scott went to all of Ivanovic's Wimbledon matches, I think in one of the photos he was sitting next to her mum. :eek:

Then they were having some fun in the sun @ the beach. :hearts:

R THEY ON?

See less See more
#167 ·
Well.. couple who sucks together.. sucks together. Adam has began playing in the US PGA and is 10 over after 14 holes.

#168 ·
So.. Adam missed the cut again.. he actually posted a +17, and placed 149.. almost last. Really bad.. According to some news I read he is parting ways with his coach Butch Harmon. One thing though.. he had a free week now and he decided to add another tournament. That's something Ana could do.. add some tournaments.. She has a lot of points to defend in only 4 tournaments, and she still should try to get some wins and keep herself in the top 20 before the end of the year.

#189 ·
:spit: Ok, found this. http://www3.rogerscup.com/women/english/currentNews.php?id=OffCourtAntics

So he was there, wonder what he was doing??? :haha: :p
Yes.. he wrote in his diary that he got away from golf for the weekend.. I guess he meant.. "I went to see my girlfriend play tennis".

In related news, he missed the cut again this week. They only play well in each others presence.. :help::tape: I mean.. Adam has missed the cut in like 10 tournaments or so.. and Ana has lost early in 9 out of 12 tournaments this year. They are both sucking since they got together.. go figure.

#191 ·
I think these slumps are contagious.. :tape::help:

Scott puts horror year behind him
By Robert Lusetich

ADAM Scott is packing his bags, literally and figuratively, within the ostentatious steel-and-glass clubhouse at Liberty National, across the harbour from Manhattan, with the curtain mercifully drawn on the worst season of his professional career.

"In a sense, I'm glad it's come to an end,'' the 29-year-old says forlornly.

Despite what he called his "most enjoyable rounds, golf-wise, in a long time'' at The Barclays last week, it was too little, too late as the amiable Queenslander failed to qualify for this weekend's second leg of the US Tour's play-offs, the Deutsche Bank Championship, which ironically was Scott's breakthrough win on American soil six years ago.

Instead, he's heading home to the Gold Coast, where he'll have what he termed "a small surgery'' to remove a cyst from his right knee and then resume the search for a golf game that has mysteriously deserted him ahead of the three events which now constitute the Australian Tour - the Australian Masters, PGA and Open.

The former world No3, one of the most consistently good ball strikers in the world, has tumbled outside the top 50 for the first time since 2002 after missing 10 cuts in this most funereal of seasons.

For a dilettante, the cause of Scott's demise probably seems obvious: a jet-set lifestyle of the young, rich and famous, where the only dilemmas presented are which beautiful women to date and at which surfing spots to land the $US40million Gulfstream.

Except that while Scott has the good looks, money - more than $US20 million won on the course and at least a matching amount earned off it - and the jet, he really isn't much of an international playboy. Truth be told, many of his Australian peers on the golf circuit tease him for not having much game with women. "He's way too much of a nice guy,'' said one. "Probably the nicest guy out here.''

A caddie on the Tour says Scott could have his way with a different woman "every single day out here'' given the way they flock to him, bearing smiles, low-cut tops and phone numbers, except he rarely seems interested.

Indeed, he was genuinely heartbroken last year when his long-time girlfriend, Swede Marie Kojzar, called an end to their relationship.

A much publicised fling with actress Kate Hudson in Hawaii earlier this year never really happened - "We're friends, there was nothing in it,'' a bemused Scott says - though he seems to have found some solace with the young Serbian tennis player Ana Ivanovic.

The other refrain heard when Scott's demise is mentioned is that he doesn't work hard enough at his game, which, again, is far from the truth.

"Yeah, it's frustrating when people say things like that because I know I've worked harder than I ever have this year, even if I don't have a lot to show for it,'' Scott says.

As he leans against a locker and begins to discuss the state of his game, it's clear by the look on his face that he doesn't really have any answers. It's as much of a mystery to him as it is to anyone.

"I've been wracking my brain,'' he says, "I wish I had an answer for you. As I look back on it, I don't think I ever really had any direction."

"It's sort of been a constant search for my game which is not something I want to get into the habit of doing. There have been times when I keep thinking that I'm really close but the results just haven't been there."

"So, I don't know, after I take a break at home, I'm just going to take my time and groove my game again. I think I'm slowly putting the pieces back together.''

Nick Faldo advised him after his early struggles to take a month away from competition.

"He thought I should go to the range for a month and, looking back, that was probably what I should've done, but that's easy to say now,'' Scott says.

"At the time, it's hard to take a month off and just walk away in the middle of the season.''

Scott's a natural optimist and always felt he'd just play his way out of his funk. Only it got worse, not better.

And it was never worse than at the US PGA Championship in Minnesota, the year's final major, where Scott shot 82-79 to miss the cut by 13 strokes.

He managed to edge only five golfers, none of them touring professionals. More shocking was the 38 putts he took on the first day. Professional golfers go an entire career, if not a lifetime, without ever putting 38 times in a round.

"When the confidence goes in the game, it spreads throughout the bag,'' Scott says.

"In the beginning, I wasn't hitting it any good but I was putting OK to turn in some decent scores. But eventually if you're not hitting it good, you put a lot of pressure on your putting and when that goes, you can have a really bad week. You just lose confidence in everything.''

Scott responded to his deteriorating game by putting on "hiatus'' - his word - his relationship with long-time swing guru Butch Harmon.

"We're not working together but we still talk a lot,'' Scott says.

"I think I just needed to take the pressure off. I was frustrated that I couldn't do what he wanted me to do, he was frustrated and it wasn't getting us anywhere. We're going to see where we are at the end of the year and take it from there.''

An examination of Scott's statistics this season tell the story of his struggles.

From 75 to 100 yards, a distance where most pros expect to hit the ball inside 10 feet, Scott actually missed the green one of three times, ranking him 194th on the US Tour.

His driving distance and accuracy were both down, as were the number of greens hit in regulation, putting a lot of pressure on a short game which has always been more of a work in progress than a polished final product.

What stands out, though, has been Scott's futility on the greens. When putting from three to five feet, he missed one in five, leaving him 191st on the Tour.

Many of the 32 short putts he missed this season meant the difference between making a cut and going home early.

The starkest contrast in putting came from the range of 10-25 feet, where Scott led the Tour in 2008. This year, he's ranked barely inside the top 200 from that range.

It's not a pretty picture, and Scott welcomes the chance to go home and not think about it all for a while.

This is perhaps where his early end to the US season may be a blessing. Golf at the highest level can be a week in, week out grind. It wears players down.

"Yeah, you need time away because it can be a grind, year after year,'' he says. "It's really sweet when you're 21 or 19; it's just awesome and you can't get enough of it, but 10 years in, it's definitely a different mind set."

"Don't get me wrong, I think we're extremely fortunate, we get to play golf for a living. That's a pretty lucky career because for most people golf's a hobby."

"But there's a lot of hard work that goes in to be able to play on the Tour. To be successful out here is a grind.''

And so he looks forward to pulling out his surfboard for a while on the Gold Coast before he reaches for his golf clubs.

"Surfing's really important to me,'' Scott says. "Every time I get out of the water, I feel better. It's just refreshing. It's like cleansing, almost. It's peaceful.''

And right now, Adam Scott's a man in need of some peace.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-year-behind-him/story-e6frey60-1225769798119

#192 · (Edited)
"He's way too much of a nice guy,'' said one. "Probably the nicest guy out here.''
"Yeah, it's frustrating when people say things like that because I know I've worked harder than I ever have this year...
it's clear by the look on his face that he doesn't really have any answers
"I've been wracking my brain,'' he says, "I wish I had an answer for you. As I look back on it, I don't think I ever really had any direction."

"It's sort of been a constant search for my game which is not something I want to get into the habit of doing. There have been times when I keep thinking that I'm really close but the results just haven't been there."
Scott's a natural optimist and always felt he'd just play his way out of his funk. Only it got worse, not better.
"When the confidence goes in the game, it spreads throughout the bag,'' Scott says.
Scott responded to his deteriorating game by putting on "hiatus'' - his word - his relationship with long-time swing guru Butch Harmon.
They sound so alike:sobbing:

Group therapy, anyone?

#194 ·
I just read an article on Adam.. and we can use it for Ana as well.

I caught up with Scott during the Scottish Open at Loch Lomond in July and at that time it looked as if he was getting his act together.

So I was expecting to hear how his game as a whole was coming around, but instead he talked only about how his swing was improving. In my mind you could give an average Adam Scott swing to most professional golfers and they would use it to mount a serious challenge to Woods.

For some reason Scott seems to seeking perfection.

What he needs to understand is that learning to play the game is an art and from time to time it is easy to forget what you are trying to achieve, which is to have control of the golf ball, play shots, be creative and develop a great short game.

How can you do that if the only thing on your mind is your swing?

Scott’s relationship with tennis star Ana Ivanovic, who has also been going through a bad patch in her career, means he has a lot going on off the course at the moment. I do not know if it is his pride which prevents him from accepting anything less than perfection in his swing, but if he can get over that barrier he has the ability to get out of his slump.

On the positive side, Greg Norman has given him a wild card into the Rest of the World team to play the US in the President’s Cup next month.

This could be just what he needs, as the matchplay team format places an even bigger emphasis on scoring and may help drum into him that there is more to golf than just technique.
http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090917/SPORT/709169878/1004

It seems he focuses too much on something he feels is not right, instead of just figuring out other ways to post low scores. Or in Ana's case, to figure out ways to win matches. The search for perfection and nothing less takes away any focus she might have when she feels it's not as she liked. And instead of just adapting and discovering ways to win the matches, she just loses her concentration in that because her head is in the stroke that is not working.. instead of trying another thing, she insists in getting the shot right, being it the serve or the forehand or whatever. That's how she always gets herself in the position to win, but loses. She can't make that last step, because her head is not into the winning.

Like against Bondarenko. In the tie break Ana missed all the FH DTL she tried to make. All of them. And there were 5 attempts, including one on MP. After she missed that one, it was obvious the effect it had on her.. she lost 4 points and won 1, being that one a double fault from her opponent. If her head was in winning, she might have tried a different shot there, knowing she was not making those FH DTL.

Anyway.. on a side note, amazing how they are carbon copies of each other.

#195 ·
I just read an article on Adam.. and we can use it for Ana as well.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090917/SPORT/709169878/1004

It seems he focuses too much on something he feels is not right, instead of just figuring out other ways to post low scores. Or in Ana's case, to figure out ways to win matches. The search for perfection and nothing less takes away any focus she might have when she feels it's not as she liked. And instead of just adapting and discovering ways to win the matches, she just loses her concentration in that because her head is in the stroke that is not working.. instead of trying another thing, she insists in getting the shot right, being it the serve or the forehand or whatever. That's how she always gets herself in the position to win, but loses. She can't make that last step, because her head is not into the winning.

Like against Bondarenko. In the tie break Ana missed all the FH DTL she tried to make. All of them. And there were 5 attempts, including one on MP. After she missed that one, it was obvious the effect it had on her.. she lost 4 points and won 1, being that one a double fault from her opponent. If her head was in winning, she might have tried a different shot there, knowing she was not making those FH DTL.

Anyway.. on a side note, amazing how they are carbon copies of each other.
That is something in what Maria is the best :worship::worship:
And Ana the worst :eek:
Yes they are carbon copies of each other :rolleyes:
We in Serbian say it naso lonac poklopac :lol::lol:

#196 ·
I just found this:

Adam Scott Speaks about I.A.

Misery loves company, or at least it provides a platform for commiseration. That could partly explain the growing romantic bond between tennis player Ana Ivanovic and Adam Scott, two promising young stars suffering through major slumps.

Scott, 29, and Ivanovic, 21, met prior to January’s Australian Open and have been captured by paparazzi together at golf events, the beach, and canoodling in New York City. While their relationship has blossomed, their careers have withered.

The likable Ivanovic won her first major at the French Open in 2008 and became the first from Serbia to reach No. 1 before a string of injuries and self-doubt undid her steady progress. Her last significant title came at Indian Wells, Calif., 19 months ago (she has none in 2009) and she pulled the plug on her season for what amounts to a mental health break following first round losses at the U.S. Open and Tokyo (including this odd announcement on her website in which she said she had over trained in the early part of the season and suffered from a shoulder injury that demanded a change to her service motion). Ivanovic, 3-4 since Wimbledon, dropped out of the top-10 and is sure to fall further than her present No. 13.

Scott, a six-time winner on the PGA Tour and just the second player born in the 1980s (along with Sergio Garcia) to reach the top-5 in the world rankings, has been embroiled in his own tailspin. The Adelaide native hasn’t posted a top-10 finish since tying for second at the Sony Open in January, and he’s missed 10 of 17 cuts thereafter. His ranking has fallen from a high of No. 3 to No. 69 in 16 months.

Scott was in town for last weekend’s President Cup at Harding Park, so I pulled him aside to get his view on sweetheart Ivanovic’s state of mind (she did not accompany him). Scott told me that they were able to sympathize with each other’s career woes and that it offered a point of intersection. “Yeah, for sure,” he chuckled. “It’s not easy.”

Scott, a somewhat controversial captain’s pick by fellow Aussie Greg Normal who went 1-4 in the competition won by the USA, explained that it was probably wise for Ivanovic to take some time away from tennis and didn’t question her reasoning. “It’s been a rough year,” he said. “If she thinks that’s the right thing to do, it’s the right thing to do.”

Scott didn’t say if he was planning to join Ivanovic for a mini hiatus, but he said he is confident that she will be back. Few observers of the women’s game would want anything other than a strong return from one of the sport’s most pleasing stars, both on and off the court. “I think she’s so talented that she’ll be fine,” he insisted. “She just needs to get really healthy.”
http://blog.douglasrobson.com/2009/10/12/adam-scott-speaks-about-ia.aspx

I just hope Ana's team is not only blaming her slump on injuries, and thinking once she gets all healthy the work is done and she will be playing well. It's not so simple, and can lead to more disappointment. She had countless opportunities to win matches this season, injuries and all, and simply choked. They really need to work on her mental state and her ability to deal with all kinds of match situations.

#199 ·
I just found this:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://blog.douglasrobson.com/2009/10/12/adam-scott-speaks-about-ia.aspx

I just hope Ana's team is not only blaming her slump on injuries, and thinking once she gets all healthy the work is done and she will be playing well. It's not so simple, and can lead to more disappointment. She had countless opportunities to win matches this season, injuries and all, and simply choked. They really need to work on her mental state and her ability to deal with all kinds of match situations.
I just love how people only remember what they want :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They all seem to forget that Ana was healthy from January until May .That is almost 5 months and in that time she only had one good result :rolleyes: :eek:

I don`t mind Adam saying what he said ,besides he has his own problems ...
Ana and her team can talk whatever they want ,anyone that have seen one of her matches can tell that her problems are mental and not physical :rolleyes:
Maybe Ana needs one more year of slumping so they can understand that ...

#197 ·
I couldn't agree more. The mental side is what worried me 100x more than her physical state. Sure, her injuries were unfortunate, but if she had been mentally stronger and better prepared, they wouldn't have affected her the way they did!

On the other hand, what else is Adam supposed to say? He sure won't go public with the details (if he's even aware of them). He seems positive and confident about her abilities and strength and maybe that's what she needs. A little positivity in her life, someone who's confident in her and able to relate to her problems:D He seems like a good fit for her, but I guess we can only tell how she's really doing, when she comes back in Brisbane...

I'm glad to hear she wasn't with him, though.;)

#198 · (Edited)
Yes, I agree. I'm not saying he should say anything different. I'm just worried that they are blaming solely the injuries, not only for this particular article, but mainly because of Ana's own diary, and some words from Cahill. And it's clearly not the root of the problem.. I would say that the injuries can even be a result of her mental state.

#202 ·
So.. Ana is in Singapure watching golf this week... :rolleyes:

Star golfers in Singapore

Two-time Singapore Open champion Adam Scott is back, with girlfriend and tennis star Ana Ivanovic in tow.

The couple attended a private function at the Garibaldi Italian Restaurant and Bar, along Purvis Street, yesterday.

Scott and world No.2 Phil Mickelson are among the stars here for the Barclays Singapore Open, which starts tomorrow at Sentosa Golf Club.
http://news.asiaone.com/News/the+Straits+Times/Story/A1Story20091028-176320.html

#206 ·
I don't see what the problem is. It's offseason and it's probably relaxing for her and a bit of fun before tennis takes over her life again.
This the problem,when was the last time tennis was her priority :rolleyes: I guess in Wimbledon ,4 months ago :eek:
I don`t mind that she is watching golf this week ... it`s not like she is always with him ,she only went to 2 tournaments ,both while she was on holiday

But i don`t like the fact that she thinks things will work out themselves and she has that attitude everything will be alright :( :rolleyes:
She isn`t going to have success until tennis becomes her priority again and she is 100% in it .Sadly this isn`t the case now :sad:

#213 ·
Yes.. actually his best result since a tie for 2nd in the first week of january. And well... Ana also inspired him for a tie for 4th at the Scottish Open in July.

He could inspire her to do some good as well... didn't happen at the USO..:rolleyes:

#214 ·
I found this about Ana's stay in Singapore in a blog:

OMG ya'll! Ana Ivanovic stayed in Rasa Sentosa Resort and I actually went into her room.. 2 times!

Because she ordered room service and I went to serve her. Weeee~

But erm.. at that time I did not know who she was. LOL, until my friend told me.

I worked at Barclay's golf event pass few days too and I saw Adam Scott too! Her boyfriend.

And Phil Mickelson smiled at me!

Ok.. I hope its gonna be singers I meet next time..I will glady work over time!

She ordered chocolate muselli for breakfast, the 2nd time I went to her room was to clear it. She stayed at the deluxe room. Adam scott was only with her at the Barclay's restaurant which she was there for all the days. In the room, it was only her. And And.. she was reading a book but I didnt see what it was and she's really polite too!
http://krinz-y.blogspot.com/2009/10/omg-yall-ana-ivanovic-stayed-in-rasa.html

:lol::spit:

No privacy.. :lol: Everything ends up on the internet.. :tape:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.