2013 ITF Calendar - Page 19 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 430 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2013, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 77,062
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

Biella 100k is cancelled.
Meelis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 430 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,039
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

I don't know why all 50K, 75K and 100K aren't obliged to give hospitality or housing
Dutch going 10K
Very few big tournaments this year

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #273 of 430 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Andiyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Piatra Neamț
Posts: 45,504
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Dutch going 10K
That's nothing new. We have had just 1 25K for a while now.
Andiyan is offline  
post #274 of 430 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
spiceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 50,815
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I don't know why all 50K, 75K and 100K aren't obliged to give hospitality or housing
Because that way there would be even less of these tournaments

But I, being poor, have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams under your feet
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
spiceboy is offline  
post #275 of 430 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,039
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Because that way there would be even less of these tournaments
But I think it's unfair that tennis players who have to pay so much to travel and are that highly ranked deserve it
And if it was enforced I don't think tournament reductions would be major

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #276 of 430 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Caipirinha Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: where trees are green
Posts: 17,160
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

I think junior ITFs are obliged to provide hospitality on GA, G1, G2, G3 so definitely tournaments can stand it.
Caipirinha Guy is offline  
post #277 of 430 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
spiceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 50,815
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
I think junior ITFs are obliged to provide hospitality on GA, G1, G2, G3 so definitely tournaments can stand it.
That's because ITF juniors do not offer prize money.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams under your feet
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
spiceboy is offline  
post #278 of 430 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
N.M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 5,429
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

i dont think that housing is something that would cost a tournament so much, it's just about good organization and can be done even by couch surfing... a tournament's employee/volunteer should be doing that within their duties, they have to be in contact with all player hotels anyway, so it's not big deal for them - same thing

imo should be enforced, because so far tournaments just don't give a shit - this requires a thought and thinking is tiresome

N.M. is offline  
post #279 of 430 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Senior Member
 
spiceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 50,815
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. View Post
a tournament's employee/volunteer should be doing that within their duties, they have to be in contact with all player hotels anyway, so it's not big deal for them
Excuse me?

You don't know anything about anyone's personal circumstances and here in Europe is not like most people live in big houses like in the US. You just cannot force anyone to do it, it is great for people who do it but that is certainly something that cannot be compulsory.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams under your feet
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
spiceboy is offline  
post #280 of 430 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Writer of Stuff
 
No.Brains.Atoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,756
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

Well, I don't think "most people" in the US live in big houses but the tournaments that are here are for the most part played in affluent or above average areas so there are options for players to stay with families who have the means and willingness to house them. That's definitely a great benefit for the players who choose to play here otherwise many wouldn't be financially able to justify their careers, having to burn most of what they win on hotel/food every week. I guess that's why so many of the players come from wealthy families.

Heidi El Tabakh Allie Kiick* Monica Puig * Laura Robson * Bernarda Pera *Jovana Jaksic *


I Like Nice People
No.Brains.Atoll is offline  
post #281 of 430 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
spiceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 50,815
                     
I am pretty sure that our concept of big house is completely different. And I can tell you as someone who has lived in the US. Most people in Europe (especially in Southern Europe) live in flats as there is no space for houses. Just the fact of living in a house and not in a flat denotes a sign of money. That's what I mean by a big house. I lived with middle class families in the US with quite big houses by our standards with huge backyards which only rich families could afford that kind of space in Europe (unless you want to live in very rural or remote locations). I live with my partner in a 52 sqm flat in downtown Barcelona and while I live comfortably I can tell you there is no space to host a player

But I, being poor, have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams under your feet
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
spiceboy is offline  
post #282 of 430 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Writer of Stuff
 
No.Brains.Atoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,756
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

I wouldn't know as I live in a small townhouse myself. I understand that space is at a premium in Europe and that the houses are very different in terms of design, but there is a lot wasted space in American residences that wouldn't really qualify as "living space". I would guess that the standard American home for a typical family is a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom, square footage variable, depending on market area and geographical location. Some places are blessed with larger yards but in just about any big city in the US the urban type residences are going to be similar to what you'd find in Europe, I would imagine. My understanding of the host families for these events, and their homes, is that they are much bigger by comparison--homes that belong to the Club members, who can afford $1500 a year memberships and probably live in 4000 square foot mansions overlooking the ocean.

I'm not debating what you say about the housing in Europe. In the interview Petra Rampre gave she says that lodging is far more expensive in Europe and it's easier to play here because players can find host families easier, so what you say obviously bears out. I do agree that it's unfortunate, though, that there isn't more that is done to help out the players with their housing.

Heidi El Tabakh Allie Kiick* Monica Puig * Laura Robson * Bernarda Pera *Jovana Jaksic *


I Like Nice People

Last edited by No.Brains.Atoll; May 7th, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
No.Brains.Atoll is offline  
post #283 of 430 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 77,062
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

$10,000 Cochabamba BOL 22 Jul - 28 Jul 2013
$10,000 La Paz BOL 29 Jul - 04 Aug 2013
Meelis is offline  
post #284 of 430 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 77,062
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

$10,000 Bagnatica ITA 26 Aug - 01 Sep 2013
Meelis is offline  
post #285 of 430 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 77,062
                     
Re: 2013 ITF Calendar

$25,000 Koksijde BEL 05 Aug - 11 Aug 2013

$10,000 Locri ITA 12 Aug - 18 Aug 2013
Meelis is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome