LIVE WTA Rankings - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #526 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Kerbicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Warszawa
Posts: 163
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinbridge View Post
Li Na out of Doha(P5 commitment) and Dubai (P700 commitment), which will give her 2 mandatory zero points.
Are you 100% sure that Li committed to those tournaments or these are just speculations?
Kerbicz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #527 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
SAISAI-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 25,351
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Li probably committed to Dubai ... usually Dubai and Stuttgart are her two 700 commitments

XWTA GOATs - Henin Li Pierce
XWTA Golden Flower GOATs - Duan Han Liu Lux2 Peng Wangx2 Xu Yang Zhang Zheng Zhu
XWTA Non-Chinese Faves - Crawford Garcia Ivanovic Kvitova Muguruza Riley
Tennis Tipping GOATs - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs XWTA Wuhan P5 900
Tennis Tipping Faves - AdeyC Adrian. Blackeagle catgamer danieln1 Effy Frederik Igorche Javi. joe87 Kəv kfh_9118 Kirilenko-Fan Meelis M.P goOudinUSA
Tennis Tipping GOAT Armada[CLICK HERE] HAOCHEN-GOAT Inger67 New_balls_please SAISAI-GOAT
SAISAI-GOAT is offline  
post #528 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Kerbicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Warszawa
Posts: 163
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

This remark is addressed to TBE (or Meelis or whoever else maintaining the ranking projection table at the moment). The WTA have just published their ranking for Feb. 18th. The numbers in the Na Li's row make it unquestionable that Doha must have been her Commitment Tournament and that she received a mandatory zero for it. So, if Dubai is among Li's commitments as well (that's how I interpret the purple 0 to the right of her name in your table), the amount of her ranking points projected for Feb. 25th is 5930 and not 6130.
Kerbicz is offline  
post #529 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,407
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbicz View Post
This remark is addressed to TBE (or Meelis or whoever else maintaining the ranking projection table at the moment). The WTA have just published their ranking for Feb. 18th. The numbers in the Na Li's row make it unquestionable that Doha must have been her Commitment Tournament and that she received a mandatory zero for it. So, if Dubai is among Li's commitments as well (that's how I interpret the purple 0 to the right of her name in your table), the amount of her ranking points projected for Feb. 25th is 5930 and not 6130.
No, it is 6130 for Feb 25th. She already has a zero in her ranking form last year Dubai.
guichard is offline  
post #530 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Junior Member
 
eason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

the new top20 of last season who have to include their best P5 result in their points after playing Doha are Kerber,Errani,Petrova,Ivanovic,Kirilenko,Vinci,Saf arova,Goerges,Kanepi and Makarova, but Goerges and Kanepi didn't play in Doha, so their points don't include the best P5 result at present, AM I RIGHT?
eason is offline  
post #531 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Kerbicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Warszawa
Posts: 163
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
No, it is 6130 for Feb 25th. She already has a zero in her ranking form last year Dubai.
Right. My mistake, sorry.
Kerbicz is offline  
post #532 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,407
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason View Post
the new top20 of last season who have to include their best P5 result in their points after playing Doha are Kerber,Errani,Petrova,Ivanovic,Kirilenko,Vinci,Saf arova,Goerges,Kanepi and Makarova, but Goerges and Kanepi didn't play in Doha, so their points don't include the best P5 result at present, AM I RIGHT?
Yes but all of those players(even if it is just 1 pt) already are(were)counting at least 1 P5 because they are(were) among their best result(s). For example, Goerges has 3 P5 in her ranking and Kanepi 1 P5

You can check the players ranking breakdown here http://www.tennis4wta.com/Siralama/s1_50.html or http://www.vlmark.szm.com/
guichard is offline  
post #533 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Junior Member
 
eason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Yes but all of those players(even if it is just 1 pt) already are(were)counting at least 1 P5 because they are(were) among their best result(s). For example, Goerges has 3 P5 in her ranking and Kanepi 1 P5

You can check the players ranking breakdown here http://www.tennis4wta.com/Siralama/s1_50.html or http://www.vlmark.szm.com/
Thanks a lot
eason is offline  
post #534 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Junior Member
 
eason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Will Azarenka get a mandatory zero point for withdrawing from Dubai?
eason is offline  
post #535 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,407
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason View Post
Will Azarenka get a mandatory zero point for withdrawing from Dubai?
Yes but she had one last year too so it will not affect her ranking.
guichard is offline  
post #536 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Junior Member
 
eason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Yes but she had one last year too so it will not affect her ranking.
somebody says that she has attended the promotion events and the press conference of the tournament, so she can avoid the zero point, does that accord with the WTA rule?
eason is offline  
post #537 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,407
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason View Post
somebody says that she has attended the promotion events and the press conference of the tournament, so she can avoid the zero point, does that accord with the WTA rule?
No...
guichard is offline  
post #538 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Junior Member
 
eason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

will serena get a zero from withdrawing from Dubai ?
eason is offline  
post #539 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,407
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason View Post
will serena get a zero from withdrawing from Dubai ?
Yes and she will lose 225 pts
guichard is offline  
post #540 of 1161 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Junior Member
 
eason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
                     
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Yes and she will lose 225 pts
is it because Dubai is one of her 2 P700 commitments?
if she withdrew from an uncommitted tournament after the maindraw is out, will she also get a zero point?
eason is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome