TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wolf's Birmingham Reports - Tuesday
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
country flag baleineau

Re: Wolf's Birmingham Reports - Tuesday

yes i watched the whole match of Rodionova and Goerges with Lynn Wlech umpiring. Anastasia had the better start and threatened to break Goerges many times but failed, then lost her serve quickly at 4-5 in the first set.
she was unfairly given a warning at the beginning of the second set. She served a fault long, Goerges returned it directly to Anastasia, who then flicked the oncoming ball softly behind her towards the ballboy, but instead it hit a line judge, quite softly. Welch gave her a warning. She protested, protested again a few games later, and really argued strongly at the end of the match. She had a case. Welch acknowledged that it was unintentional and caused no harm, but said that it was a rule she had to enforce. Rodionova told her to use her brain, if she had one. LOL

You have long been my goal, been my chasing, been my soul. I have hung out on the edge. But I just couldn't let go. There's a time to forgive. There's a time to forget. Close your eyes, get ready, set. Walk me down this fall I'm taking but don't let me go yet. Oh let me go, sweetheart, throw me, around you, like you know me. And remember me too. Remember me too from a dream i had of you. Mary Margaret O'Hara | Dream I Had | Apartment Hunting | 2002.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome