Proposed Rule Changes:
. No duplicate picks. You can have 5 players being the same with any given pick that's already posted, but the last one has to be new.
- In a draw with the least amount of players possible: 28 players
- 28!/6!22! = 28*27*26*25*24*23/6*5*4*3*2*1 = 376,740 combinations.
This will attempt to fix the number of similar picks but picks might still earn same amount of points because 14-16 players will lose in R32, 8 will lose in R16, 4 will lose in QF, 2 will lose in SF, 1 will lose in F. Tie-break rule will not change in this case.
. A sudden death hand. Everyone has to place a sudden death hand with 1 player (cannot be the same players chosen in the three hands) and the round the selected player loses.
- Additional tie-break rule will then be introduced for the sudden death hand should points earned between the players are equal and splitting points on valid hands will not yield results.
Tournament Tie Break:
- Number of Valid Hands, if equal
- Total points acquired in Hands 2 & 3, if equal
- Total points acquired in Hand 3, if equal
- Total points acquires in Hand 2, if equal
- Points on Sudden Death Pick, if equal
- Correct Round Sudden Death Pick, if equal
- Round deviations, if equal
- Lower ranking of the player chosen
If everything else is equal (by taking out who posted the hands first), sudden death picks will be used to compare results. If sudden death picks yield same amount of points, then the predicted rounds will be used. If all the players predicted the rounds that the player advanced incorrectly, deviations of the rounds will be used. If that still does not produce a result, then the ranking of the player chosen will be used.To award risk takers, by choosing the player with a lower rank will yield the tie-break win.
Example (if there's a tie-break):
coolfish1103 picked Ivanovic for Round 32 in Australian Open
Drake1980 picked Kerber for QF in Australian Open
Ivanovic = Kerber = R16
Ivanovic R16 =/= R32
Kerber R16 =/= QF
Ivanovic -1 (R16-R32)
Kerber -1 (R16-QF)
Ivanovic < Kerber, Ivanovic ranked lower.
coolfish1103 would win the tie-break.
Any other suggestions are welcome.
Final call before main draw Doha, feel free to discuss here or in the Doha thread that will be opened during Fed Cup week.