Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 87 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1291 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Senior Member
 
WhoAmI?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,207
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

A moderator got banned

Actually, I understood that this voting thread doesn't really matter, it's more about how popular the said player without their own sub forum is. Thus I don't think Kaia will have her own anytime soon, unless there will be an incredible flow of Estonians, or Kaia's popularity would have an explosive boost for some reason. Though there are quite a few posters who choose not to post or don't post that often here.
WhoAmI? is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1292 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,909
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
A moderator got banned

Actually, I understood that this voting thread doesn't really matter, it's more about how popular the said player without their own sub forum is. Thus I don't think Kaia will have her own anytime soon, unless there will be an incredible flow of Estonians, or Kaia's popularity would have an explosive boost for some reason. Though there are quite a few posters who choose not to post or don't post that often here.
Yes, I am afraid too that it is too quiet here and without active posters it is hard to get a subforum. But in the other hand, Aleksandra Wozniak has her own forum and Kaia's place here is way more active than Aleksandra's
Tennisfan06 is offline  
post #1293 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,909
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Wont play in Dubai
Tennisfan06 is offline  
post #1294 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM
country flag vik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 410
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

relax, guys! Kaia needs time to prepare herself mentally and physically to win matches. I am pretty sure she will doing very fine in Miami!

Kanepi


Graf
vik is offline  
post #1295 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30,072
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
relax, guys! Kaia needs time to prepare herself mentally and physically to win matches. I am pretty sure she will doing very fine in Miami!
I hope you are right
chingching is online now  
post #1296 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Sasja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 26,270
 
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Wont play in Dubai

BERTENS SHARAPOVA KVITOVA MUGURUZA GIORGI HAMPTON
SAFAROVA PAVLY KANEPI BARTHEL TOWNSEND KLEYBANOVA

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline  
post #1297 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
WhoAmI?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,207
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

As I understand IW is also in doubt. But since her coach said she hasn't played tennis for 2 weeks.. I think it was said about Clijsters she started hitting a few days ago, and also skipping IW, it's better this way.
WhoAmI? is offline  
post #1298 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM
country flag vik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 410
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
As I understand IW is also in doubt. But since her coach said she hasn't played tennis for 2 weeks.. I think it was said about Clijsters she started hitting a few days ago, and also skipping IW, it's better this way.
Kaia isn't Kim. She will certainly play if she can:
1. She needs match practice to get into a good form tennis wise.
2. Most likely will be seeded 31st or 32 ( Serena is not playing since 2001) and hence her tournament will start smth like 09.03.2012 which is in 3 weeks time. Also unlike Kim, she played tennis till 3rd of February... so this brake actually helps her to strengthen her form as she said her preparation was not that good.

Kanepi


Graf
vik is offline  
post #1299 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
WhoAmI?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,207
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
Kaia isn't Kim. She will certainly play if she can:
1. She needs match practice to get into a good form tennis wise.
2. Most likely will be seeded 31st or 32 ( Serena is not playing since 2001) and hence her tournament will start smth like 09.03.2012 which is in 3 weeks time. Also unlike Kim, she played tennis till 3rd of February... so this brake actually helps her to strengthen her form as she said her preparation was not that good.
I know they're not the same. I just drew the parallel with Kim, as in if she's not ready to play IW, it's not the end of the world. It's good if she'll be healthy to play.
WhoAmI? is offline  
post #1300 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30,072
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

nyone have an idea of a schedule????
chingching is online now  
post #1301 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
country flag vik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 410
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

just saw Kaia, she is sure about IW and Miami, unless anything goes worse

Kanepi


Graf
vik is offline  
post #1302 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30,072
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Good to hear. SHe has nearly no points to defend until Tokyo. If she makes 2 quarters, she will almost be top 20
chingching is online now  
post #1303 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30,072
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

They should give more points to premier mandatories and grand slams. If Kaia makes the quarters in Miami which normally has a grand slam level field, she only gets 250, which is what you get basically if you are runner up at a premier. If she makes quarters of Gs, she would only go up 6 rankings spots!!!!
chingching is online now  
post #1304 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30,072
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Did any of the Estonians go to SEB Tallink Open V or plan to go to VI?
chingching is online now  
post #1305 of 3850 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
country flag vik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 410
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Did any of the Estonians go to SEB Tallink Open V or plan to go to VI?
I have to work and schedule of play is exactly during office hours. Maybe final if Anett makes that far.

Kanepi


Graf
vik is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome