Kaia's interview about 2010
1. Describe your feelings and thoughts after you started your season with an impressive win over Na Li in Auckland?
(John, New Zealand)
it was a great happy feeling after very long bad period. That gave me motivation and hunger to move forward and get more good wins.
2. Why did you choose rather strange schedule for Memphis-Acapulco-Monterrey? those are on different surfaces.
That was my team's decision this time and the goal was to get some extra points.
3. You had tough battle both in IW and Miami but could not pull a win. What were your strategic choices done after that period as your other part of year was massive?
I got a new coach in the beginning of April and I think he has a huge part in my good results. Strategically, I tryed to play more safer and not go for too many risks, just wait for the right monent.
4. The best win of 2011 gamewise? Why?
Win over Pennetta in Palermo final because I played solid the whole match
5. Any tough loss that taught you much? Jurkki, Finland
Loss against Kvitova in Wimbledon quaters where I had 5 match balls
6. Eurosport commentator named you the most athetic player from tall ones, what have you done for getting in that wonderful shape? Any secrets? (Tomoko, Japan)
Secret is functional integrated training and we are doing lot`s of agility and plyometrical exercises.
7. I have heard that you are one of the biggest Estonian sports stars, have you got any media-pr
-marketing person working for you? Do you do your Facebook yourself? Btw, facebook is really good, better than most players ones.. (Eric, UK)
Right now i don't have any marketing person working for me. I have a great supporter Viktor Aspel who manages my Facebook fan page with me. A lot of info that is there is consulted with me and I occasionally update it myself as well. Still, most of the work is done by him and I provide good results to write about
8. Can you reveal your new outfit for Australian Open and winter period? Loved the one you played (Soraya, Chile)
I don't know yet. I buy all my sporting clothes and I will see what is available in January.
9. How is recovery doing after your fell during work-out? (Eric, UK)
It is going alright. My arm is still in cast and on 15th November I will make a new computer scan and then we'll see how is it.
10. What are your goals in 2011? Slam goals and other goals?
To do better than this year