Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 123 - TennisForum.com

 2Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1831 of 3966 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2012, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
 
WhoAmI?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,545
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Finally some good news.

I just hope she will qualify to play in Sofia, no pressure. At the moment the cut off is rather low (last in is Mona Barthel #35, assuming Errani and Kerber are playing in Istanbul), but there are a few Internationals left, meaning Kaia will need to win some matches before November to be sure in
WhoAmI? is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1832 of 3966 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2012, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,066
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Finally some good news.

I just hope she will qualify to play in Sofia, no pressure. At the moment the cut off is rather low (last in is Mona Barthel #35, assuming Errani and Kerber are playing in Istanbul), but there are a few Internationals left, meaning Kaia will need to win some matches before November to be sure in
It is almost impossible for her not to make it
There are only 7 Internationals left, 3 of which will most likely not feature a winner who will make the cut (Tashkent, Guangzhou and Quebec City) while the winner in Linz will most likely be in the YEC This leaves 3 tournaments where there could realistically be a winner who can make the 6 and even if Kaia doesn't make it she might get a WC

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is offline  
post #1833 of 3966 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2012, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,354
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
He would no doubt be in the Top 10
Anyway, I am sure she still has some good wins left in her
She cans still be Top 10 IMO if she can do well at the end of the season, because she has 2 huge gaps in her season next year that she can fill.

E.g. She plays Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing, Moscow, Sofia, Taipei and New Delhi.
She wins: 130, 125, 250, 200, 180, 160, 120.
This leaves her with 965 points when she only has around 700 points to defend.
That puts her approaching in 300 Points. Then lets say she makes QF at Australian Indian Wells and Miami, she is virtually already in the Top 10, especially if she can defend her Brisbane Points over the beginning of the year (2 Semis would almost completely cover )
odd, fly back to asia after sofia
TimeyWimey is offline  
post #1834 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2012, 01:11 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,066
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
odd, fly back to asia after sofia
I know but just to get some extra matches

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is offline  
post #1835 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,354
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

just noticed some stats from twitter, Kaia winning % this year is so far 74%, no 9 in the world (excluding Fed Cup)
1-8: Williams, Vika, Masha, Aga, Kerber, Kim, Errani and Kvitova
TimeyWimey is offline  
post #1836 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,066
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Here is the EL for Seoul:
1 WOZNIACKI CAROLINE DEN 8 1990 / 07 / 11
2 KIRILENKO MARIA RUS 14 1987 / 01 / 25
3 KANEPI KAIA EST 16 1985 / 06 / 10
4 PETOVA NADIA RUS 22 1982 / 06 / 08
5 GOERGES JULIA GER 25 1988 / 08 / 02
6 ZAKOPALOVA KLARA CZE 31 1982 / 02 / 24
7 MEDINA GARRIGUES ANABEL ESP 36 1982 / 07 / 31
8 LEPCHENKO VARVARA USA 39 1986 / 05 / 26
9 MAKAROVA EKATERINA RUS 42 1988 / 06 / 07
10 PASZEK TAMIRA S AUT 43 1990 / 12 / 06
11 SUAREZ NAVARRO CARLA ESP 44 1988 / 09 / 03
12 STEPHENS SLOANE A USA 49 1993 / 03 / 20
13 KING VANIA USA 52 2006 / 07 / 05
14 VOSKOBOEVA GALINA KAZ 57 1984 / 12 / 18
15 OPRANDI ROMINA S SUI 58 1986 / 03 / 29
16 SOLER-ESPINOSA SILVIA ESP 61 1987 / 11 / 19
17 HERCOG POLONA SLO 63 1991 / 01 / 20
18 RUS ARANTXA NED 64 1990 / 12 / 13
19 RYBARIKOVA MAGDALENA SVK 67 1988 / 10 / 04
20 CADANTU ALEXANDRA ROU 68 1990 / 05 / 03
21 PERVAK KSENIA KAZ 72 1991 / 05 / 27
22 DOMINGUEZ LINO LOURDES ESP 75 1981 / 03 / 31
23 BERTENS KIKI NED 80 1991 / 12 / 10
24 MARTINEZ SANCHEZ MARIA JOSE ESP 86 1982 / 08 / 12

She will have a hard time here but if she can get Wozniacki in her Half and avoid Makarova then anything's possible

vik, how is Kaia feeling, because she can't afford to do a Indian Wells/Miami

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is offline  
post #1837 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2012, 07:44 AM
country flag vik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 416
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Here is the EL for Seoul:
1 WOZNIACKI CAROLINE DEN 8 1990 / 07 / 11
2 KIRILENKO MARIA RUS 14 1987 / 01 / 25
3 KANEPI KAIA EST 16 1985 / 06 / 10
4 PETOVA NADIA RUS 22 1982 / 06 / 08
5 GOERGES JULIA GER 25 1988 / 08 / 02
6 ZAKOPALOVA KLARA CZE 31 1982 / 02 / 24
7 MEDINA GARRIGUES ANABEL ESP 36 1982 / 07 / 31
8 LEPCHENKO VARVARA USA 39 1986 / 05 / 26
9 MAKAROVA EKATERINA RUS 42 1988 / 06 / 07
10 PASZEK TAMIRA S AUT 43 1990 / 12 / 06
11 SUAREZ NAVARRO CARLA ESP 44 1988 / 09 / 03
12 STEPHENS SLOANE A USA 49 1993 / 03 / 20
13 KING VANIA USA 52 2006 / 07 / 05
14 VOSKOBOEVA GALINA KAZ 57 1984 / 12 / 18
15 OPRANDI ROMINA S SUI 58 1986 / 03 / 29
16 SOLER-ESPINOSA SILVIA ESP 61 1987 / 11 / 19
17 HERCOG POLONA SLO 63 1991 / 01 / 20
18 RUS ARANTXA NED 64 1990 / 12 / 13
19 RYBARIKOVA MAGDALENA SVK 67 1988 / 10 / 04
20 CADANTU ALEXANDRA ROU 68 1990 / 05 / 03
21 PERVAK KSENIA KAZ 72 1991 / 05 / 27
22 DOMINGUEZ LINO LOURDES ESP 75 1981 / 03 / 31
23 BERTENS KIKI NED 80 1991 / 12 / 10
24 MARTINEZ SANCHEZ MARIA JOSE ESP 86 1982 / 08 / 12

She will have a hard time here but if she can get Wozniacki in her Half and avoid Makarova then anything's possible

vik, how is Kaia feeling, because she can't afford to do a Indian Wells/Miami
I have to ask her When she left for Seoul she was in good shape, as well tennis wise during trainings. Let's see how plays. IW/MIAMI was a big pressure time as she had huge issues with her coach. So I believe nothing like this would happen.

Kanepi


Graf
vik is offline  
post #1838 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,066
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
I have to ask her When she left for Seoul she was in good shape, as well tennis wise during trainings. Let's see how plays. IW/MIAMI was a big pressure time as she had huge issues with her coach. So I believe nothing like this would happen.
Thanks vik
Some great news

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is offline  
post #1839 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,699
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Can't wait to see Kaia playing again! Only 4-5 days to go
muusa is offline  
post #1840 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,066
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

I can't upload my match of Kaia vs Henin because it is too long
I wasted soooo much internet...

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is offline  
post #1841 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,354
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I can't upload my match of Kaia vs Henin because it is too long
I wasted soooo much internet...
youtube says it's too long?
TimeyWimey is offline  
post #1842 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,066
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
youtube says it's too long?
yeah

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is offline  
post #1843 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,354
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
yeah
i remember i had this problem once, after uploading the anett/garcia match, youtube says my video is too long, then several days later, it reappears and looks fine
TimeyWimey is offline  
post #1844 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 268
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I can't upload my match of Kaia vs Henin because it is too long
I wasted soooo much internet...
Is there any way you could split the video into 10 minute segments? Or upload it to a file sharing site like mediafire.com
lenc is offline  
post #1845 of 3966 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,699
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

No draw yet for Seoul?
muusa is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome