Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
 10Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1711 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 76,633
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Kaia ...

Your shrink has more work to do
Meelis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1712 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:37 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 76,633
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

And now Rus in R4
Meelis is offline  
post #1713 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,551
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

OMG I was so pissed when Kaia chocked in the 2nd set, when Caro broke to 5-5 I closed the TV and thought that she is going to lose for sure. Checked the score later and saw Kaia was up 5-1 in 3rd, opened TV and saw her chocking again. But when she finally won, I shouted CMOOOOOOON!!! So happy

Doubles tomorrow, I think Kaia is soooo tired and I don't expect anything anymore.

Against Rus in R4. If Kaia loses this match...
Tennisfan06 is online now  
 
post #1714 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Kylger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,090
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Kaia has a perfect draw, seriously.

She can easily make it to QF again in RG and face Masha there. She just needs to stop playing with people.

Good luck Kaia and Anett in 2014.
Also Wozniacki, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Stosur, Gajdosova and K-Kookie!!
---------
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline  
post #1715 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Kaia Sounds like it was a potential-heart-failure match, so I'm glad I couldn't watch it
Great R4 for me. I will be glad to see either Kaia or Arantxa in the quarter-final
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #1716 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Sasja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 26,600
 
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Kaia vs Arantxa in R4

2 of my faves
Who would have thought


BERTENS LARSSON MUGURUZA KVITOVA KEYS PLISKOVA GIORGI SAFAROVA SHARAPOVA BARTHEL MATTEK-SANDS
OSAKA TOWNSEND PAVLYUCHENKOVA KANEPI BURGER BONDARENKO KRAJICEK
TSONGA THIEM DEL POTRO MONFILS
Sasja is offline  
post #1717 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
 
WhoAmI?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,822
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

OH MY GOD! What a match. I mean it was all pretty until she had to serve out the match. Like Wimbledon QF against Kvitova all over again And the commentator was just irritating me sooooo much I was watching the 3rd set on mute (how can you go all happy "oh, it's just now a question to formalize the victory blah blah blah", like can't you just shut up and see what's happening before jumping out of the window for joy).

I hope this 3h battle doesn't affect her physical condition

Rest up for the battle against Rus
WhoAmI? is offline  
post #1718 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,354
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

If Kaia wins on Monday, she will be world no 15, her highest ranking EVER, and don't forget she has practically nothing to defend until US Open
TimeyWimey is offline  
post #1719 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Kylger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,090
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Kaia Sounds like it was a potential-heart-failure match, so I'm glad I couldn't watch it
Great R4 for me. I will be glad to see either Kaia or Arantxa in the quarter-final
There was nothing heart-failing in that match, it was nerve-wrecking. Kaia still knows how to annoy the hell out of me

She was playing incredible tennis until 6-1 5-1 second set. Then Caro held her serve, Kaia was up 30-0, failed to put away a easy dry-volley and fell to pieces after that. Caro came back 5-5 then Kaia broke her serve to go ahead 6-5 and then Caro broke back again so it was TB time where Kaia managed to suck even more than before and lost the set.

I was boiling at the time so I closed my internet feed for the match, I was sure she would continue with her pathetic game after that. I re-opened it when it was 3-1 again and Kaia was playing decent tennis again. Then the epic 5-1 score again where she lost 2 game in a row again. Then I felt my blood pressure raising again I was almost in tears when she finally managed to take the 5th match point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
Kaia vs Arantxa in R4

2 of my faves
Who would have thought
Since your Dutch we know where your loyalty lies. During the match you are forbidden to come here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
OH MY GOD! What a match. I mean it was all pretty until she had to serve out the match. Like Wimbledon QF against Kvitova all over again And the commentator was just irritating me sooooo much I was watching the 3rd set on mute (how can you go all happy "oh, it's just now a question to formalize the victory blah blah blah", like can't you just shut up and see what's happening before jumping out of the window for joy).

I hope this 3h battle doesn't affect her physical condition

Rest up for the battle against Rus

I know right. Even the Eurosport commentators were jinxing heavily.

Good luck Kaia and Anett in 2014.
Also Wozniacki, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Stosur, Gajdosova and K-Kookie!!
---------
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline  
post #1720 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,551
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
OH MY GOD! What a match. I mean it was all pretty until she had to serve out the match. Like Wimbledon QF against Kvitova all over again And the commentator was just irritating me sooooo much I was watching the 3rd set on mute (how can you go all happy "oh, it's just now a question to formalize the victory blah blah blah", like can't you just shut up and see what's happening before jumping out of the window for joy).

I hope this 3h battle doesn't affect her physical condition

Rest up for the battle against Rus
THIS I remember when Säärits told that Kaia's 2nd serve is very good, she doesn't make double faults. And after that Kaia hit a DF And all the talk how Kaia is basically won the match etc.


But Kaia has told that she likes drama
Tennisfan06 is online now  
post #1721 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
KV
Senior Member
 
KV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Under the deep blue sky
Posts: 198,939
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Well done Kaia, always knew she had a chance to beat Caro. Has done it the hard way. Should have been easier but who cares as long as you win.
KV is offline  
post #1722 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,731
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

So it turned out to be a tough match overall as I feared. Luckily, Kaia managed to take it this time! Not happy about this massive choke though. I also turned off the video feed after the second set tiebreak and followed only livescore occasionally. Only when I saw Kaia leading 51 I dared to open the feed again and watched until the end

She now has all the chances to reach QF, but Rus cannot be underestimated as well.
muusa is offline  
post #1723 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:28 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35,470
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
There was nothing heart-failing in that match, it was nerve-wrecking. Kaia still knows how to annoy the hell out of me

She was playing incredible tennis until 6-1 5-1 second set. Then Caro held her serve, Kaia was up 30-0, failed to put away a easy dry-volley and fell to pieces after that. Caro came back 5-5 then Kaia broke her serve to go ahead 6-5 and then Caro broke back again so it was TB time where Kaia managed to suck even more than before and lost the set.

I was boiling at the time so I closed my internet feed for the match, I was sure she would continue with her pathetic game after that. I re-opened it when it was 3-1 again and Kaia was playing decent tennis again. Then the epic 5-1 score again where she lost 2 game in a row again. Then I felt my blood pressure raising again I was almost in tears when she finally managed to take the 5th match point.


Since your Dutch we know where your loyalty lies. During the match you are forbidden to come here




I know right. Even the Eurosport commentators were jinxing heavily.
I am Dutch/Estonian, but my mother is Dutch and my father is away so if this match is on TV I will be forced to go to our house or my cousins house with my sister, go for Arantxa, wave a dutch flag and put on my Ducth football Jersey

But if its not streamed I will probably support Kaia. I want Arantxa to win to make olympics but at the same time I would be devestated if Kaia lost to someone like Arantxa

I am glag I went to sleep. I swear I would have burst into tears if Kaia choked again from 5-1

Nettu-GOAT Estonian Mynx + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Kaia + Miley + Lissi + Carol + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

Estonian Mynx's Fed Cup Campaign #SaveEstonia SUCCEEDS, 8 MATCH WIN STREAK BEFORE BUDAPEST
chingching is offline  
post #1724 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Kylger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,090
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I am Dutch/Estonian, but my mother is Dutch and my father is away so if this match is on TV I will be forced to go to our house or my cousins house with my sister, go for Arantxa, wave a dutch flag and put on my Ducth football Jersey

But if its not streamed I will probably support Kaia. I want Arantxa to win to make olympics but at the same time I would be devestated if Kaia lost to someone like Arantxa

I am glag I went to sleep. I swear I would have burst into tears if Kaia choked again from 5-1
I didn't know that

Good luck Kaia and Anett in 2014.
Also Wozniacki, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Stosur, Gajdosova and K-Kookie!!
---------
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline  
post #1725 of 4007 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35,470
                     
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
I didn't know that
It's in Anett's thread. That's why I wrote down some things in Estonian in a now deleted thread

Nettu-GOAT Estonian Mynx + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Kaia + Miley + Lissi + Carol + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

Estonian Mynx's Fed Cup Campaign #SaveEstonia SUCCEEDS, 8 MATCH WIN STREAK BEFORE BUDAPEST
chingching is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome