Too bad we do not have more teams then it would be more fun (I do not understand why people do not want to play)
How would be to play in the league format. If we have 16 regular players and everyone with everyone plays one match (15 tournaments). For every win you get 3 points and for tie 1. Whoever is first on the list at the end of the season (after 15 tournaments) will win the title.
When we have two (or three) tournaments in a week we can pick matches for both tournaments.
In 2013 we would have 30 tournaments (without a Grand Slam) and that would be two seasons. At Grand Slams we can play in teams (in this or the previous format).
New players can play in second division. At the end of the season first 4 from second division go to first and last 4 from first division go to second.
If we somehow manage to organize this format of the game it might be interesting.
Bad side is that some of the players maybe will not be able to play tournaments every week.
So what about the following:
1. We keep the current format and there will be every week a singles and a team winner. No league.
2. We have weekly competition for teams only and implement a league for singles with division I. II. III. (8 players each). The last two are relegated and the first two go upwards.
3. We keep the current format and there will be every week a singles and a team winner. On the top the top of that we implement a singles league too, with division I. II. III. (8 players each). The last two are relegated and the first two go upwards.
4. Calculating with 24 players, we can have 8 teams (3each) and a league can be implemented for teams too.
There are still no decision on the team format:
1. Current discarding (autodiscard)
2. FEDCUP format
I need a honest answer:
1. Have you ever checked the rankings? Or which rankings are you interested? Should I manage all in the future? (Not a very big deal, half an hour a week, but I dont want to do it if it is not interesting)
Please react, I am lost a bit, and the game is for you.